It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Senator Says AIG Executives Should 'Resign or Commit Suicide'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

Grassley says AIG executives should follow "the Japanese example" by publicly apologizing and "do one of two things: resign or commit suicide."

AP

Monday, March 16, 2009

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley suggested on Monday that AIG executives should take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the insurance giant by resigning or killing themselves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A comment like this is sure to be found elsewhere. I don't have time to pull list of sources.

Just curious what everyone thinks of honor these days.

Since so much of American power & influence around the world has been liquidated in a financial war; forcing the 'soldiers' to suffer for the choices of 'commanders' is weak & cowardly; I agree that some financial 'commanders' should should step up and take responsibility for their actions.

Would save us the cost of ammo too (even that's hard to find these days.) Cool perk.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Good with me. Japanese style. But no way they'll do that, they are much too self-righteous.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Promoting suicide, well that's typical of a politician.
Hes probably a satanist.
Why don't they try putting them in jail?
For giving out bonus's of tax payers emergency money?
Under economic emergency situations you do not pay bonus's and they know this.
They need to take proper action against them for fraud, to set an example to the others.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

www.startribune.com...

They can't, technically they did nothing wrong, as the Govt was so stupid just to hand out money without conditions.

On an ethical nature, that's a whole other story. This is why the Senator made this comment. This is why is was a correct comment.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's an unnecessary comment, especially considering how the government is stealing our money and handing it out through earmarks and pork projects.

Most of the elected officials in Washington are just as guilty (if not more) than anyone at AIG.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by BorgHoffen

www.startribune.com...

They can't, technically they did nothing wrong, as the Govt was so stupid just to hand out money without conditions.

It's like a moron who got conned getting mad at the con artist. Sure the con artist is a crook but hot damn how stupid do you have to be to fall for something like this?

All the while the government itself is pulling the same crap with it's own extortions and ponzi schemes.

REminds me of the sign on Ron Pauls desk: Dont steal, the government hates the competition.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sounds good to me; might encourage an atmosphere of honor.

Reminds me of what the Chinese government did back at Y2K time - every senior level exec of every Chinese airline or aircraft manufacturer was required to be in the air in one of their aircraft at Y2K time.

Gave them real incentive to take the appropriate actions for real, not for show.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Promoting suicide, well that's typical of a politician.
Hes probably a satanist.
Why don't they try putting them in jail?

Putting them in jail would cost tax payers ever more money. I think they should be exiled.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Perhaps this Senator should look at the root of the problem and realize the government never should have given them taxpayer money in the first place.

Technically it's their fault.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He must be livid, but that's no excuse for such a ridiculous comment. That approach solves exactly: nothing. Finding ways to prevent the payouts or even suing to collect them back is a better idea than throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here is his website

I'm shocked by the comment. It's completely inappropriate.
Resign? Yes.
Pay back the people that were screwed? Yes.
Prosecute them if appropriate? Yes.
Call for them to commit suicide? NO!
What the hell is wrong with that guy? jeeeze.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah i seen that this morning ....LMAO wow Japan style that was not P.C. at all it made me laugh though .... I think this might be a smoke screen for whats really going on behind close doors..... its a long shot to say but who knows now a days.....
Well they should give the money back or just hand it out to the public some how ... and if so im driving over there quickness....

Peace Love Respect Laters

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I love his comment and I will e-mail him right now for having the balls to say that.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you kill one person you get life in prison or death. You destroy the lives of millions you get a bonus....sorry something just doesnt match up here.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well gee, maybe Grassley and his co-horts in Congress should have given more thought to the bailout BEFORE they passed it and attached some "strings" to prevent AIG and the others from doing stuff like this.

As far as I'm concerned, Congress should also go Japanese style - apologize for stealing OUR money and resign or commit suicide. Personally, I'd prefer them to all commit suicide. What a bunch of lying, thieving, hypocritical *ssholes.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well I e-mail and thanks him for showing that he has balls when it comes to talking back to the corrupted entity call AIG.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What an astonishing lack of class.

Who is he to talk of honour? He's a majority elected tyrant...

Politicians have caused me far, far more greivance than bankers. I hope the AIG execs have the balls to respond "YOU FIRST" to him.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Actually they already responded but they didn't say much, still I support what the Iowa congressman said, I wish that more politicians take a turn in favor of the tax payer and start showing this corrupted entities that corruption can only take them so far.

Even when the politicians are corrupted themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sen. Grassley voted FOR the bailout.

Did he read it or check for and demand guidelines/oversight on how the money is to be spent?

Apparently not, so that makes HIM and those who voted for the bailouts MORE responsible than AIG. Perhaps it's HE who should take a long walk off a short pier. After all, it's him and his politician buddies gave them the money in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join