It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Possible Future , Satellite Doomsday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The recent 2009 satellite collision incident has inspired me to research what exactly is flying around our planet and to also speculate and hypotheoretically imagine some potential disastrous scenarios involving these high tech contraptions orbiting our planet. my investigation so far has led me to some very interesting findings that should be of serious concern for everyone.

there are hundreds if not thousands of different types of satellites orbiting planet Earth and some of them are powered by Radioisotope thermoelectric generators wich uses nuclear technology (Plutonium-238)

A radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG, RITEG) is an electrical generator which obtains its power from radioactive decay.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95538e4a71a7.jpg[/atsimg]

RTGs may pose a minimal risk of radioactive contamination: if the container holding the fuel leaks, the radioactive material may contaminate the environment.

For spacecraft, the main concern is that if an accident were to occur during launch or a subsequent passage of a spacecraft close to Earth, harmful material could be released into the atmosphere; and their use in spacecraft and elsewhere has attracted controversy

The alpha radiation emitted by either isotope will not penetrate the skin, but it can irradiate internal organs if plutonium is inhaled or ingested. Particularly at risk is the skeleton, the surface of which is likely to absorb the isotope, and the liver, where the isotope will collect and become concentrated.

There have been six known accidents involving RTG-powered spacecraft.

The first one was a launch failure on 21 April 1964 in which the U.S. Transit-5BN-3 navigation satellite failed to achieve orbit and burnt up on re-entry north of Madagascar. Its 17,000 Ci (630 TBq) plutonium metal fuel was injected into the atmosphere over the Southern Hemisphere where it burnt up, and traces of plutonium 238 were detected in the area a few months later

en.wikipedia.org...

Currently, 44 radiation sources from Russia are parked in the burial orbit.
The United States is another contributor to the high levels of radiation in near-Earth space.

The lurking threat of both Russian and American nuclear satellites is that, should they fall apart upon collision with space debris, vast expanses of near-Earth space would be contaminated. Additionally, if some of the fragments had a velocity after collision and destruction that was below orbital speed, they would fall out of orbit and pollute some parts of the Earth's surface. In the worst-case scenario, the atmosphere could be heavily contaminated.

en.rian.ru...

The presence of excess uranium-235 was detected in many of the rain samples collected at Fayetteville (36°N, 94°W), Arkansas, during the period between April 1983 and March 1984. The experimental data indicate that the uranium-235 originated from the nuclear reactor on board the Soviet satellite Cosmos-1402, which fell over the South Atlantic Ocean on 7 February 1983.

www.springerlink.com...

Old Soviet nuclear powered satellites leaked a trail of menacing radioactive droplets that have become a debris threat to other spacecraft

This is not the first case of former Soviet satellites casting off a trail of droplets in Earth orbit – dendrites of a dangerous kind to other spacecraft.

www.space.com...
www.space.com...

ok i know what your going to say here:

but easynow, these thermoelectric generators are protected by a cask of different materials to prevent any leakage during a re-entry into the atmosphere.

that would be correct...

To minimize the risk of the radioactive material being released, the fuel is stored in individual modular units with their own heat shielding. They are surrounded by a layer of iridium metal and encased in high-strength graphite blocks. These two materials are corrosion- and heat-resistant. Surrounding the graphite blocks is an aeroshell, designed to protect the entire assembly against the heat of reentering the earth's atmosphere. The plutonium fuel is also stored in a ceramic form that is heat-resistant, minimising the risk of vaporization and aerosolization.

en.wikipedia.org...

but these safety measures are only to minimize the risk under normal circumstances.

what if the circumstances are not normal ?, such as if a War broke out and different countries started shooting down each others satellites to gain the advantage. i seriously doubt these protective safety measures would matter at all. these satellites would be blown into pieces and scattered all over the atmosphere, raining down highly radioactive particles on us.

that scenario would imo, start a chain reaction of satellites being hit with debri wich would cause other satellites to veer of course and collide with others just like what happened recently. it would be a domino effect that i see no end to. there would be all kinds of spacecraft crashing into each other and releasing toxic chemicals into the air all over the planet.

some other possibility's to cause this chain reaction of destruction could be giant solar flares from the sun wich would cause satellites to lose control of their orbit and start smashing into each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbebf2e4cebc.jpg[/atsimg]

On the evening of Monday, March 12, the vast cloud of solar plasma (a gas of electrically charged particles) finally struck Earth's magnetic field.

In space, some satellites actually tumbled out of control for several hours. NASA's TDRS-1 communication satellite recorded over 250 anomalies as high-energy particles invaded the satellite's sensitive electronics

www.astrobio.net...

another possibility is a Near Earth Asteroid (NEO) that would start a chain reaction of destruction.

Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are space rocks larger than approximately 100m that can come closer to Earth than 0.05 AU. None of the known PHAs is on a collision course with our planet, although astronomers are finding new ones all the time.

Spaceweather.com

ok you can see now that different scenarios could easily start a domino collision effect wich would get ugly real quick.

i know what your gonna say now:
but easynow...most of the satellites are not powered by Nuclear technology. that is most likely true but these other satellites have deadly chemicals in them as well.

Hydrazine is a lethal chemical that is used in solid propellent motors on satellites built by Iridium Satellite LLC like this one here

Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable

Hydrazine is also used as a propellant onboard space vehicles

On February 21, 2008, the United States government destroyed the disabled spy satellite USA 193 with a sea-launched missile, purportedly due to the potential danger of a hydrazine release if it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere intact.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.google.com...

Breathing in a lot of hydrazine “will immediately give you pulmonary edema, retention of water in the lungs. You can no longer breathe.

blogs.wsj.com...

another scary substance in these satellites is Beryllium

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/439b4b696650.jpg[/atsimg]

Commercial use of beryllium metal presents technical challenges due to the toxicity (especially by inhalation) of beryllium-containing dusts. The toxicity of beryllium and its salts varies greatly from person to person, and has elements of its pathology that suggest an allergic-type component to the body's reaction to it. Nevertheless, beryllium dusts can be extremely damaging to the lungs, and the chronic inflammation produced by beryllium lesions can even trigger eventual development of cancer.

Due to its stiffness, light weight, and dimensional stability over a wide temperature range, Beryllium metal is used in the defense and aerospace industries as light-weight structural materials in high-speed aircraft, missiles, space vehicles, and communication satellites.

en.wikipedia.org...

these are just some of dangerous compounds that they use in satellites. i have been trying to figure out how many satellites there might be up there but different sources say different things and i am sure they would not mention any secret military satellites. so i am guessing there might be anywhere from 1000 +

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.ucsusa.org...
celestrak.com...
www.reentrynews.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91859e8694d0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcb424d93203.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66025c883800.png[/atsimg]
science.nasa.gov...

inevitable Armageddon ?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a possible explanation for Cattle Mutilation is secret goverment testing on these animals all over the world to check for radiation and other chemicals.

Government/military experimentation

In his 1997 article “Dead Cows I've Known”, cattle mutilation researcher Charles T Oliphant speculates cattle mutilation to be the result of covert research into emerging cattle diseases, and the possibility they could be transmitted to humans.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is where the Elite NWO people will be hiding while your choking to death from chemical poisoning from these satellites

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thats an interesting read easynow, even it is alittle bit out of my range of knowledge.

Hopefully someone will take notice of this, its a more plausible theory than most conspiracies

S & F for your hard work

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

thanks OzWeatherman,

i appreciate you taking the time to look at this info because in my opinion this is one of the most severe health threats we face right now. it's definitely a plausible theory and these satellites are full of hazardous materials. i will agree that it would be nice to hear from some more experienced people on this for further confirmation but i think we can maybe agree that you don't have to be a rocket scientists or a chemist to understand that these satellites are full of bad horrific stuff.

i have presented a couple different theory's about how a major Catastrophe could happen with these over priced time bombs but the military/war scenario is the most likely and they are building anti satellite weapons everyday. it's the new war front and we civilians are gonna be the ones to suffer the consequences. i hate to bring this message of doom but this is the reality of it. you can thank the Military Industrial Complex for this huge mess they have got this world into.

space is the place for domination and it's all about killing satellites !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bab1492cbee.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62c76f598424.jpg[/atsimg]

ASAT Missile Launch
en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce32f4e9a17c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17d97613e8f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Airborne Lasar Satellite Killer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f0df112904b.jpg[/atsimg]

Advanced Chemical Laser

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca8bc229f1dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Star Wars

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb68f16813bf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f52d0d27f28.gif[/atsimg]

see the rest of the Russian Shuttle with the Satellite Killer Polyus on Zorgons site ...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

so as you can see it's all about destroying Satellites and when or if it ever happens because of the Military we are screwed because it's going to start a chain reaction that will collide with other spacecraft and will rain down pieces and parts along with all the deadly chemicals.

here is a map that shows the orbit of space debri from a chinese satellite they destroyed January 11, 2007

the People's Republic of China successfully destroyed a defunct Chinese weather satellite, FY-1C. The destruction was reportedly carried out by an SC-19 ASAT missile with a kinetic kill warhead

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b46f6a627520.jpg[/atsimg]

just imagine all that debri flying thru this cluster _______

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40b4138ca040.jpg[/atsimg]

could the Chinese satellite debri have contributed to the Russian Collision ?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by easynow]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
gotta see videos

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

NASA warns of 'space Katrina' radiation storm

The impact on satellites would be even more severe, as spacecraft have less shielding from the Earth's atmosphere - and in some cases from the magnetosphere. In particular, the present Global Positioning System (GPS) sat constellation, used by almost every navigation system in the world, is regarded as highly vulnerable to a solar event - though new satellites are to go up shortly equipped with a backup signal which will allow errors to be bowled out.

www.theregister.co.uk...

[edit on 31-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

The recent 2009 satellite collision incident has inspired me to research what exactly is flying around our planet and to also speculate and hypotheoretically imagine some potential disastrous scenarios involving these high tech contraptions orbiting our planet. my investigation so far has led me to some very interesting findings that should be of serious concern for everyone.

there are hundreds if not thousands of different types of satellites orbiting planet Earth and some of them are powered by Radioisotope thermoelectric generators wich uses nuclear technology (Plutonium-238)

You are right by what you saying here and it is no doubt a very unpleasant threat, but it is in my opinion just one of so many other possible Doomsdays we have to face in the coming years/decades.

It is really unbelievable that regarding technology, we humans are lifted up so far to a pretty high level, but regarding the very important spiritual aspect we still are at a pretty low level.

Instead of using all that technology for the better of mankind it is mostly used to produce weapons that could if it really goes wrong sometime destroy us all.

Lou Baldin, former member sleeper has some remarkable thoughts about how we humans did come here and why we are here, and the more I see what is happening all around me in this world the more I am convinced that he is right.

a possible explanation for Cattle Mutilation is secret goverment testing on these animals all over the world to check for radiation and other chemicals.

Government/military experimentation

In his 1997 article “Dead Cows I've Known”, cattle mutilation researcher Charles T Oliphant speculates cattle mutilation to be the result of covert research into emerging cattle diseases, and the possibility they could be transmitted to humans.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps you find this interesting regarding those Cattle Mutilations and who are most likely responsible for them.

Major New Evidence In The Cattle Mutilation Phenomenon George A. Filer Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern MUFON Skywatch Investigations Filer's Files #44 11-7-00

www.rense.com...

[edit on 17/12/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

thanks spacevisitor for the reply

Instead of using all that technology for the better of mankind it is mostly used to produce weapons that could if it really goes wrong sometime destroy us all.

yes i agree and it's a sad thing to know that just about all of our technological advances have been because of War and finding better ways to destroy things. where would humanity be if the effort spent to make better war machines was instead used for good ? i guess we will never know huh ? and yes i remember sleeper when he was here on ATS but i'm not exactly sure what he said about why we are here. it can't be just for making War can it ?

Perhaps you find this interesting regarding those Cattle Mutilations and who are most likely responsible for them.

Major New Evidence In The Cattle Mutilation Phenomenon George A. Filer Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern MUFON Skywatch Investigations Filer's Files #44 11-7-00
www.rense.com...

yes thanks that is a great article so thanks for posting it. i have read it before but forgot about it and there is no doubt that there are some unexplainable things associated with the Cow mutilations. because of that i can't rule out the possibility that something other than humans are the ones doing it. i don't like to talk about the ufo close encounter that i had back in the mid 80's here in Florida so you will just have to take my word on it but i can tell you that there were some things that i witnessed that leads me to believe the Alien theory more than the Military explanation.

the problem is i have no real conclusions yet and after researching all this stuff about satellites and knowing about the nuclear tests etc. that have gone on for decades i can't ignore the possibility's of the Human involvement either. (it may be both human and Alien for all we know) i really would have thought by now there would have been something more decisive found or discovered that tells us for sure what the cause is, so we don't have to keep speculating until the cows come home

[edit on 17-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

and yes i remember sleeper when he was here on ATS but i'm not exactly sure what he said about why we are here. it can't be just for making War can it ?

sleeper [Lou Baldin] never said that we are here for making War easynow, on the contrary.
He said that it is very important to live our live here on Earth as good as possible, without any hate and envy, loving your family everyday and tackle your life challenges with integrity.

Perhaps you and others will find this interesting.

Raska from Open Minds Forum made a collection of sleeper's aAnswers on ATS.
Source: Sleeper's Thread: " Are Extraterrestrials Real? As Real as the Nose on Your Face"

This is just one chapter of it.

Life & Death.

I paint a nice picture of what’s to come after here to encourage those who believe that life has nothing to offer----but this life is very important and what you do with it will determine where you end up next---use this life wisely.

When you die you will see friends and family on the other side that are in the in between place----staging area before you or they go elsewhere----and you will be fully aware of those you left behind----as much as you want to be----until you enter a new life.

If you return to earth or another planet like it your memory will be wiped----but the higher the level you achieve you retain more and more----regardless of where you go.

You never stop be you when you die----you will be aware of more that what you are aware of now.
All your memories will be intact and crystal clear----unlike they are here on earth.

You will know sleeper was right.

Life and death are both illusion. People on this planet are here because they are not perfect.
The trip to perfection is a long and treacherous journey----and not achieve easily in one life-----most people require many lifetimes to get there.

In the staging area you and others will decide what’s best for you----take it easy in the staging area---- go visit other planets in physical or spirit form including this planet----or move on to other advanced planets-----if you are really good you might even get to be a super star.

If you commit suicide -----without just cause----- you will be returned back to this planet very quickly and placed into much more difficult circumstances-----no ifs, ands, or buts.

On the other side all your fears and anger are gone with the wind----while you are there----and you will be the best of friends-----however many centuries may pass before you cross paths again----in the staging area of existence. Everyone you come into contact with on earth has a connection to you from the other side.

You can’t control what type of person she is nor how she feels about you----but you can control how you feel about her----you don’t have to be with her but you should forgive any transgressions or ill feelings you have about her----even if its her fault----otherwise you may have to deal with that issue again-----everything has to be resolved in order to move up-----especially anger between two people-----disagreement is ok.

Each time you come back even with a purpose you still have that pesky freewill to deal with----if you choose to smoke or jump in front of a moving car you will alter the original contract. Remembering has nothing to do with anything----other than it can give you an advantage----sometimes you get them but mostly you don’t.

Fear mongers come in many disguises and those who fall for their sugar coated ideology and lies usually end up having to do another term on this planet.

If more people realized that life goes on after death and what you do in this life determines what you will do in the next------the world would me a much better place.

It takes a strong will to see the truth and only those that are determined will see it.

For those who will read it all,

lucianarchy.proboards.com...

[edit on 18/12/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 18/12/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

yikes you took what i wrote the wrong way my friend , i wasn't implying Lou said that , i was asking you this question...

it can't be just for making War can it ?

ok back to satellite killers !

Recent Developments in Laser Weapons and The Assessment of Their Implications for Space Security

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca534706f214.jpg[/atsimg]

Anti-satellite (ASAT) laser engagements would be a revolutionary laser application, as they would in principle enable an option of attacks on satellites with only minor debris. At the moment, attacking satellites implies the use of missiles with kinetic or explosive warheads. A kinetic impact creates debris, which would be harmful to the attacker's space assets, too. For that reason, space faring nations are discouraged from using kinetic energy attacks.

This fact enacts a kind of "natural" arms control. Lasers could change this situation, if they are used to heat up satellites just to a point where their electronics are damaged or only to impair their sensors. Hence, attacks on satellites would be more likely, if laser DEW with anti-satellite capabilities are fielded in peacetime. In a time of crisis, this would create additional political instabilities, as satellites are important early warning and reconnaissance assets. A deployment of laser ASATs could eventually lead to an arms race in space. In order to make this scenario less likely arms control mechanism could be implemented.

fsi.stanford.edu...

i wonder if a Laser attack would only render it useless and not cause the satellite to explode ? even if it didn't explode there would be a satellite that nobody had control over anymore and could collide with others ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

yikes you took what i wrote the wrong way my friend , i wasn't implying Lou said that , i was asking you this question...

it can't be just for making War can it ?

ok back to satellite killers !

Hi easynow, I did indeed misunderstood what you wrote there, sorry.

But regarding what you wrote I can say the following.
Even if it looks as if we are only here for just making war it is no doubt not the reason for why we really are here.
If you want to know my present thoughts about it all, you have to read what Lou alias sleeper said in that collection of his answers on ATS, which were collected and put together by Raska from Open Minds Forum.
That does not mean that I can accept all the things Lou said that easy, because I have some major problems with certain things he said there.

Regarding your interesting laser satellite killers info I would like to add the following.

mikesingh posted this marvelous thread back then.

Still too bad that he isn’t around anymore.

He named it The Top Secret US Military Space Program. Is The Future Already Here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All very interesting stuff, but this [just a small part of it all] is what interested me the most because I am convinced there is much truth in it.

Originally posted by mikesingh

Linda says that she talked face-to-face earlier this year with a career federal alphabet soup physicist who worked for Project Blue Book back in the 1960s.

He’s not one of the publicly known Project Blue Book scientists, but he did work out of Wright-Patterson at the time.
He told her that back in the 1960s already, the U. S. Air Force had two UFOs, what he called ‘UFOs’ – that they would fly right out of Wright-Patterson AFB. He said they would open the hangar doors in the middle of the night and fly them right out of the hangars at full bore speed.
Linda mentions that Richard Sauder told her that over the years, he got many indications from a variety of sources that...

the U. S. military has its own UFOs and this is just another data point from her pointing in the direction of a decades-long military program of deep deceit and thorough lies about the true involvement of U. S. military agencies in secret UFO and space technology and projects. It’s highly likely that there are multiple, secret, classified, tightly compartmentalized UFO and space programs – not just a single space program but programS, plural, and that the U. S. military and NASA have been lying through their teeth to the American people about all of this since at least the World War II era, if not before.

Interesting read regarding the above.

Mr. Mark McCandlish, US Air Force December 2000
Mark McCandlish is an accomplished aerospace illustrator and has worked for many of the top aerospace corporations in the United States. His colleague, Brad Sorenson, with whom he studied, has been inside a facility at Norton Air Force Base, where he witnessed alien reproduction vehicles, or ARVs, that were fully operational and hovering.

In his testimony, you will learn that the US not only has operational antigravity propulsion devices, but we have had them for many, many years, and they have been developed through the study, in part, of extraterrestrial vehicles over the past fifty years. In addition, we have the drawing from aerospace inventor Brad Sorenson of the devices that he saw, as well as a schematic of one of these alien reproduction vehicles - in some remarkable detail.

www.topsecrettestimony.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
tick tock... tick tock...

BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. — The already untidy mass of orbital debris that litters low Earth orbit nearly got nastier last month.

A head-on collision was averted between a spent upper stage from a Chinese rocket and the European Space Agency's (ESA) huge Envisat Earth remote-sensing spacecraft.

Space junk tracking information supplied by the U.S. military, as well as confirming German radar data, showed that the two space objects would speed by each other at a nail-biting distance of roughly 160 feet (50 meters).

ESA's Envisat tips the scales at 8 tons, with China's discarded rocket body weighing some 3.8 tons. A couple of tweaks of maneuvering propellant were used to nudge the large ESA spacecraft to a more comfortable miss distance.

But what if the two objects had tangled?

Such a space collision would have caused mayhem in the heavens, adding clutter to an orbit altitude where there are big problems already, said Heiner Klinkrad, head of the European Space Agency's Space Debris Office in Darmstadt, Germany.

It turns out, Klinkrad told SPACE.com, that 50 percent of all the close conjunctions that Envisat faces are due to the lethal leftovers from China's January 2007 anti-satellite test, as well as chunks of junk resulting from last year's smashup between an active U.S. Iridium satellite and a defunct Russian Cosmos spacecraft.
news.yahoo.com...

new topics

join