It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Other Universes Really Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've been thinking lately, what if the purpose of humanity is to create more worlds for the entertainment of each other? We humans have created millions of media, such as movies and tv series and animes and comics and manga and the internet and video games and as on. What I'm wondering what if, in another universe, these universes are actually happening? What if for each story, there's a universe dedicated to the events of the story?

I've really just been thinking... lately as with Gamma Ray Bursts... I had a funny thought, we don't know the cause but they're so large that they threaten us even though they're not even IN this universe, what if they're coming from some sort of Dragon Ball Z universe where the characters are fighting it out right now through the saga?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All I'm going to say about your theory is to expect the unexpected. So many things out there exist that one will never know about. Am I trying to say that other universes exist? That's up to you anyone else who post on this thread to decide.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Might be but I'm more curious at what's in store outside this universe or other universes for that matter

I like to theorize that the universe isn't infinite. Even if we find out later that it's infinite. Infinity may only be an illusion.

Who knows, the universe may be part of a lab experiment with men in white coats. With the universe operating in a much different time scale... With our reality going in a rate billions of times faster than those outside the universe, who can actually watch the galaxies move, merge, the stars born and die, civilizations rise and fall, w/e just a thought.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by ahnggk]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
there is a great video on youtube with stephen hawking. he explains his theory of multi universes. and how there is a big bang happening every second.

ill try to look for it.

if we cant trust stephen hawking who can we trust

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Rorschach_
there is a great video on youtube with stephen hawking. he explains his theory of multi universes. and how there is a big bang happening every second.

ill try to look for it.

if we cant trust stephen hawking who can we trust

a big bang every second? my mind cant even process this.

lots to research.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There was an episode of a show on NatGoe that spoke about bout the possiblilties of other universes... In a nuthsell they said it's very likely but if anything I would want to know they made it seem kind of freaky lol

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Howdy

By definition Universe means Everything.

Therefore, logically you can only have one Everything.

However, every mind constructs a perception of the Universe they perceive to exist in. Thus, you could say that there is metaphysically, as many universes as there are human beings who think about the physical Universe:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This Universe is infinite and has always existed and will always exist
Likewise the amount of Universes that exisit are infinite.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The first thing that springs to mind.

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”

And the second.

“The universe as we know it is a joint product of the observer and the observed.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that other universes exist. An infinite number of them. You have the infinite number of 'many worlds' parallel universes.The infinite number of 'out of phase' universes (which some people believe is the explanation for ghosts and other paranormal activity). And the infinite number of unrelated universes. I'm currently a fan of Brane Theory.

I love GRBs they're the brightest and most powerful objects in the universe and are the ultimate death ray. I think I must have misunderstood you about one thing because you said:

"they're so large that they threaten us even though they're not even IN this universe".

This is wrong, they absolutely are in this universe. Apparently about one a day is observed from Earth. A GRB within the Milky Way but billions of miles away from us could easily wipe all life on Earth out, especially if its beams are pointing toward us. Current belief is that it must be at least a billion years since a GRB occured within The Milky Way. Many people, me included believe that won of the reasons we don't immediately see the heavens littered with civilisations is that they died out due to GRBs.

I don't 'currently' believe our universe is infinite, I say currently because when the science and the facts change so do my opinions. It may have always been here in the sense that a big bang is followed by a big crunch followed by a big bang followed by a big crunch etc. This stance does away with the 'what happened before the big bang problem'.

One thing I find really fascinating is that if there are an infinite number of universes where every possible 'state' occurs somewhere, then it means an infinite number exist where we are merely a simulation, virtual reality, a hologram. That then begs the question, a simulation created by who? And in answering that question it is revealed that it's infinitely more probable that we are in a simulation, rather than a real one, though it should be noted that not all infinities are the same.

The trouble with Hawking is that everyone thinks he's a genius. He most definitely is not. He is a very intelligent man who understands the work that geniuses before him have done. He has a very poor track record with his own research. Take his relationship with Roger Penrose a much more intelligent man than him. Penrose and Hawking have had many debates over the years and they used to make bets as to who was right. Penroses office walls were (and may still be) covered in framed letters from Hawking admitting he was wrong and that Penrose was right. I am disabled and have sympathy for him in regard to his health etc. He's overcome a lot to remain in his chosen field but he's not a genius, he's an asshole, and both extremely arrogant and narcissistic. He jumps on the bandwagon of other peoples work, and has only ever really had one original idea in his life. This idea of his has never been proven and always used to be described as a conjecture. When looking back with hindsight you realise that a child could have come up Hawking Radiation and black whole evaporation.

I'm sure someone will come along and totally disagree but thats my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
I've been thinking lately, what if the purpose of humanity is to create more worlds for the entertainment of each other? We humans have created millions of media, such as movies and tv series and animes and comics and manga and the internet and video games and as on. What I'm wondering what if, in another universe, these universes are actually happening? What if for each story, there's a universe dedicated to the events of the story?

I've really just been thinking... lately as with Gamma Ray Bursts... I had a funny thought, we don't know the cause but they're so large that they threaten us even though they're not even IN this universe, what if they're coming from some sort of Dragon Ball Z universe where the characters are fighting it out right now through the saga?
\

Everything is a singular unity.

For there to be infinity there can only be singularity, for something to be seperate it must be finite in comparison to it's counter/other part.

All is one.

Different fractals of this singular UNIverse...yes.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Each creates his universe. Perception is reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The current popular theory goes like this:

For every decision or choice, yes or no, right or left, anyone ever has ever made, there is a separate Universe created to play out that reality. In this sense, there is infinite Universes for the infinite number of choices made over the eons. This is called the Multiverse.

Sometimes these Universes interact, they "touch" each other briefly - hence occurrences of Deja Vu. It is theorised that the brief touching of these Universes has the ability to transfer matter from one to the other - hence the Big Bang.

I am not saying that the above is correct, just that it is the popular theory at the moment - and one that makes the most sense to me as such.

[edit on 13/10/2009 by Kryties]

new topics

top topics

join