It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did belief in evolution cause Jeffery Dahmer to kill?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
in Stone Philips MSNBC 1994 interview "Confessions of a serial killer"of Jeffery dahmer,
Dahmer mentions that believing in evolution as taught in schools made him believe that we all came from slime and was one reason he may have went over the edge. (paraphrasing).
www.youtube.com...

I believe this is plausible and should be looked into further by those who profess in our schools of such a beginning.

edit to add link to part of interview in question, since I have been accused of trolling and other flaming.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are you suggesting that had Dahmer attended Sunday school, he would not have turned out to be a cannibalistic serial killer?

Also, how does the abhorrent behavior of one sociopath correlate with the teaching of evolution in the public school system?

I'm not seeing how this is an issue in any way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I believe this is plausible and should be looked into further by those who profess in our schools of such a beginning.

Folks, this is either deliberate trolling, or someone accidentally opening a can of worms, just ignore this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
re-watch the interview and then please retract your trolling comment.
He did convert his belief prior to his death

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Mix of nature and nuture.

It is possible, that had he been born into a christian enviroment, he may have not actually killed.

But,
He would still have been a very strange human being, and ostracized by society, which may have eventually led to the inevitable. We have not found a way to predict what woulda coulda happened. Therefore the point is moot, and impossible to prove.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Their is no belief structure, no Sunday school, no lack of Sunday school, no educational platform or ciriculum that will lead someone such as Jeffrey Dahmer to do the horrible things he did.

Monsters are real, and they look very much like you and I.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, can justify what he did. Regardless of where he wants to lay the blame, it's on him and him alone.

These are just my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Nothing, and I mean nothing, can justify what he did. Regardless of where he wants to lay the blame, it's on him and him alone.

wupy

I am not justifying anything.

It does seem that in the interview, his new belief in the Abrahamic God came too late, but may have led to him not acting on his fantasies
and that is something.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Monsters are in all of us. It's a question of how much control you have over the demon inside of you. Anyone who says they don't have a monster inside of them is lieing.

If you let go(please don't), the monster inside you will be free to do whatever it pleases. If there were no laws, no morals, just WANT. What would YOU do?

There is something inside us that is able to cage the monster, but if we let go of our control, who knows what would happen?

Guilt, Law, Morals, Judgment of others who have not let go. This is what keeps the monster in check. Anyone who thinks they are incapable of heinous acts is only fooling themselves. Enviroment is a factor, although not the whole of the problem.

I guess I see the human soul as a combination of both angel and demon. Anyone who says they have no demons is suspect. This is the nature of things, and is an excellent measure of "good" vs. "evil."

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That life evolved to the different kinds we see around us today from "slime" would seem saner to belive, than believeing a murdering god (that demands us to think he is good), WILLED you into existance and want you to worship him or be tortured in a fiery place.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

I will not, it is far to easy for this thread to go sour, and you are presenting it in a stance clearly against evolution being taught.

Regardless of the man's faith he would have been messed up.
Serial killers have worked under the banners of all things, men, love, and religion.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

The old testiment is disturbing, but isn't Jesus' crucifiction the end of all that thinking and it's laws?

That is my belief. Also, should there be truth to the scriptures, wouldn't the creator being more or less denied and the victim of treason by his own creation be entitled to use or consider any remedy?

Similar to the Bush Kabal?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
duplicate

[edit on 16-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

I will not, it is far to easy for this thread to go sour, and you are presenting it in a stance clearly against evolution being taught.

Regardless of the man's faith he would have been messed up.
Serial killers have worked under the banners of all things, men, love, and religion.

I concur, we are then at a stalemate

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

wupy

I am not justifying anything.

True, you are not. I understand that.

It's Dahmer that's trying to justify. He didn't believe this, or wasn't taught that or his momma didn't breast feed him.

All of this does not matter. There is NO justification for the things he did.

He has to accept responsability for the things he did.

May God have mercy on his soul.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just another sick monster who knew he was going to die, so he resorts to absent of religion to try and justify why he did what he did.

You want to talk about serial killers? Talk about Manson, that dude can talk.

edit for grammer, I think I got it all.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I doubt it was that, which caused him to go and murder people...

It hasnt had this affect on anyone else, so I dont think its plausible at all. With serial killers, we should be examining their chemical blances and psychological factors, rather than taking there excuse as fact

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I doubt it was that, which caused him to go and murder people...

It hasnt had this affect on anyone else, so I dont think its plausible at all. With serial killers, we should be examining their chemical blances and psychological factors, rather than taking there excuse as fact

That is a good argument. It would even be a good argument on why the 2nd amendment should not be messed with.

I understand 99.99999% of people would not commit these crimes, but if the other .00001% was inclined to, wouldn't believing that there would be no judgment in the hereafter, or that there is no hereafter be less of a deterrent than believing there will be a judgment day? (not speaking of man's courts on this earth btw.)

[edit on 16-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I understand 99.99999% of people would not commit these crimes, but if the other .00001% was inclined to, wouldn't believing that there would be no judgment in the hereafter, or that there is no hereafter be less of a deterrent than believing there will be a judgment day? (not speaking of man's courts on this earth btw.)

I hasn't, and will not stop the people who kill in the name of God, who believe they will be favored in the afterlife, or that the murders they commit are not counted.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

I hasn't, and will not stop the people who kill in the name of God, who believe they will be favored in the afterlife, or that the murders they commit are not counted.

your interpretation differs from my own. Islam may have these features in the radical sense, but really? You think it is more of an incentive than a deterrant?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Once again, Dahmer's actions have absolutely no bearing on the teaching of evolution in the public school system.

This thread is meandering hopeless off course.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join