It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution Never

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that there will never be a revolution. America will never get off their couches and take to the streets. Even when a loaf of bread is $35 dollars, they'll wait patiently at their door for the national guard to deliver their daily ration. We're too complacent. My family and friends are not happy, but they don't know any different.

If you think about it, the American revolution wasn't very long ago. The civil war wasn't either. To most Americans, they see these events as nearly ancient history. We are now in an age of turmoil, just as we have been many times before... except this time we have no experience. And because of our great achievements in communication technologies we have too many 'leaders'.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Have you not heard about the 150 tea party protests that have been going on across the country today?

www.reteaparty.com...

Also here is a thread discussing the nation wide protest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that people are getting off their couches and trying to make things right.

Also here is a website that provides a list of protests that are scheduled all over the place! (not just the US)

www.protest.net...

peace and love!

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, (and this is true for most civilised countries) We are too used to following the rules. It's actually pretty sad when you think about it : "Hey let's go swim in that pond " "We can't, we don't own it and they will call the police and we will go to jail". When it all started we thankfull, because we all thought it was for safety. Now it's afecting our freedom, but we have it soo beaten into us that we have to follow the rules, that no one has got the guts to do anything about it..

Cherry

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Have you not heard about the 150 tea party protests that have been going on across the country today?

www.reteaparty.com...

It seems that people are getting off their couches and trying to make things right.

peace and love!

Hmm a tea party... I'm sure they are shaking in their boots, just wait till we crack out the coffee!!

Cherry

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

www.reteaparty.com...

peace and love!

Hmm a tea party... I'm sure they are shaking in their boots, just wait till we crack out the coffee!!

Cherry

Do you not actually know what the term "tea party" refers too?

If not I suggest looking up the boston tea party. It is a reference to people protesting over tax issues... They dumped all the tea into the boston harbor instead of accepting a deal that the british tried to set up.... no taxation without representation.....etc....

It is not a litteral tea party. But thanks for the chuckle

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

top topics

join