It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay am i crazy? recent synchronicities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
please enlighten me.

here is the long and short of it:

1) never using the internet for barely more than to check my email, over a year ago i met someone one thru a website devoted to a topic of interest who appeared to be the most beautiful soul of a human being i had ever imagined. being human, i briefly fantasized about him- picturing him in a spot in a town i know well. being skeptical and weary of the net- i quickly put him OUT of my minds eye.

2) more than a year passes, when i think of the site. return to find him also to have returned after a long absence. turns out he has moved to the town i visualized him in!!! i had no idea where on earth he was from.....

3) begin to read his writings and realize- he is so cool! not terribly attractive, but im not so shallow that i'd let that stand in my way. i tell him i live near the town- we planned to hook up in public- in a few weeks- with some friends along. i remain level headed about any sort of expectations.

4) during the few weeks, i see combinations of 1's and 8's everywhere i look. i am not familiar with seeing these things- but i am seeing them everwhere i look- and at the same time i think of him. i am also seeing his name everywhere- at the same time i think of him. i continue occasionally to read his writings and have serious coincidences with so many things he says.

5) when i go with some friends to go meet him and his friends in person, i see those numbers again the whole time!!

6) he is AWESOME! and way nicer looking in person! oddly, he used alot of the same stupid phrases as me. but, didnt talk to me too much.
before we departed we excahnged numbers, but its been more than two weeks with no call, although, he did mention hanging out in the future. i dont consider myself to be a supermodel but i think im fairly attractive and fun person. it was hard to tell if he was shy or maybe he just wasnt into me.

7) since then, i'm just seeing those numbers everwhere! i'm not sure if maybe we were supposed to meet, or maybe the 'other' side just wanted to show me that i could manifest something by visualizing it? or maybe i need to give it more time? there really is, actually way more to this in the way of synchronicity than i am feeling able to share right now. its really wierd...

8) oh yeah, 8's---- his phone number, exit off highway and road he says he lives on, all combinations of 1's and 8's !!!
no joke!

am i reading too much into this? your feedback is welcomed!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Looks like you dont have to buy the book "The Secret"

Visualization is very very powerful, and you are using the law of atraction even if you dont know it.

If you dont have that book, i highly recommend it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Onawa

Ha ha ! I love your story.

You seem to have seen
**What the BLEEP?! down the rabbit hole** ??
Yes ? No ?

You know, the word "synchronicity" is used by awaked up persons !

And, for him & you ? Let your "heart" speak !

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i have seen both of those movies, but its been a while. i have had incredibly strange coincidences my whole life, and have overwhelmingly noticed how so many ways in which people, places, events, and symbols intricately intertwine. many times throughout my life i have skeptically pushed away my intuitions only to have something like this pull me back in to amazement and wonder!!!

truthfully- i'm so confused by the whole thing. i have not been shopping around for romance or even thinking about it, but i distinctly remember thinking the first time i ever read his words that i wished i could find a partner who was similar in thier virtue, intelligence, deisre to serve humanity, and quest for spiritual knowledge. this was probably at the same time i was imagining him in that town! but then i just 'forgot' about him, for over a year! and then 'running into him' again, it just seemed like everything was pointing me in his direction... more so than i can even explain.

i didnt get much from our meeting, but time shall tell i guess. i'm in no hurry!

thanks for the input. i really like this site, by the way! i'm glad i found it!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onawa

am i reading too much into this? your feedback is welcomed!

When I've had synchronicities they have been like amazing manifestations of things I want or need....no visualizations - just a tuned-in desire.

At the time I posted this to you - you had:
18 ATS Points
3 BTS Points
So let's see what the 3/18 brings

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm no authority and I suspect It probably is a manifestation of your part OR just a self-hypnosis aka platonic love.

Either way, PM me with your pic and maybe we can talk.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i am supposing that from the rolly eyes you both think that I AM reading too much into it??? thats okay, i need someone to keep me in check, just in case i ever do go insane.

i want to be clear that when i said 'visualize' it was a brief, unintentional daydream or fantasy that lasted probaby 5-10 seconds! but in those few seconds i really imagined a powerful and intense mutual love that was like an energy and i FELT it i stopped myself from having this fantasy because i realized i was involving that sensation with a person on the internet that i didnt know what he looked like, or even what country he was from. i just told myself 'that cant happen' and shut it off. it was that fast, and then it was over, with not one single thought of him since.

ALTHOUGH the good new is i'm not crazy!
he called me today and asked me out next weekend
its funny, how it isnt even freaking me out at this point anymore, but the blood in my viens right now feels cool and clear like water with no anticipation or hurry, as if everything has just shifted, to make for me what i had secretly desired, and gave it to me at the point when i least expected that i deserved it. i cant describe it, it just makes me laugh.........i cant stop laughing, its great!

thanks, universe!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Onawa

It made me very happy just reading this thread

I hope your date goes well next weekend

edit to add a link to a thread you might be interested in:

Existence of Soulmates?

[edit on 3/18/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've also been affected by some synchronicities. There were a few about eight months ago that caused me to move to AZ.

1) My fiends mother was telling m about her trip to the grand canyon.

2) My brother checked out a few movies, one of them caught my interest. The setting was in AZ, next to the grand canyon.

3) I posted a blog about these synchronicities--not giving way the exact location but just saying that I've been seeing/hearing about the same place--and someone who I know is very intuitive replied: was it the grand canyon?

Needless to say, I moved a few weeks later.

GL with your new "friend".

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onawa
i am supposing that from the rolly eyes you both think that I AM reading too much into it??? thats okay, i need someone to keep me in check, just in case i ever do go insane.

No - I do not think your reading too much into this - the roly eyes were meant to indicate "wonder" and I suggested he'd contact you on the 18th March which I think he did.

The best way to explain syncronicity is like a personal Global Positioning System (GPS) steering and alerting you to the significant directions to follow.

top topics

join