It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose your property for growing food?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Lose your property for growing food?

www.worldnetdaily.com

Legislation could mean prosecution, fines up to $1 million
Small farms and organic growers could be placed under the federal government under H.R.875, the Food Safety Modernization Act. Government inspectors would visit and examine food producers, including small farms, to ensure compliance. They would review records and conduct surveillance of animals, plants, products, the environment. According to the act, "A person that...violates the food safety law may be assessed a penalty of $1,000,000."
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The Act is sponsored by Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn. DeLauro's husband, Stanley Greenburg, works for Monsanto – the world's leading producer of herbicides and genetically engineered seed.

The industrial food producers and farming organizations want to put an end to “Farmers’ Markets” and other small-volume, local food production.

Federal regulators will be ensuring that food producers, processors and distributors – both large and small – prevent and minimize food safety hazards.

Under the legislation's broad wording, meat and seafood processors, establishments that store or transport food products, farms, ranches, orchards, vineyards, community plots would be subject to strict government regulation.

Doesn’t sound very “Green” of the government, does it?

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If a small grower is selling within his state the feds have no authority whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What should a farmer do if a federal employee threatens or persecutes a farmer? What if the farmer's state is one of the many that made resolutions?

Washington state for example.

As far as I'm concerned; all the new laws coming out are void and I will not accept any more taxation's.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is troubling. And seemingly and ethics issue? Being who Rosa's husband works for?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

He works for the people who want to control every farmers food source -
Which means all the food that you will be allowed to eat.
And it is Genetically modified and not tested - Serious stuff.
Monsanto = evil.

Please watch.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO

video.google.com...#

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Funny how these things happen. Everyone was wondering what was going on with all the tainted food recalls and salmonella vegetables. All of a sudden, "those peppers have been recalled", or "salmonella tomatoes, look-out!" Vegetable "problems" have been through the roof the past 24 months. Good thing government legislation sponsored by Monsanto is here to save us just in time.

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
Funny how these things happen. Everyone was wondering what was going on with all the tainted food recalls and salmonella vegetables. All of a sudden, "those peppers have been recalled", or "salmonella tomatoes, look-out!" Vegetable "problems" have been through the roof the past 24 months. Good thing government legislation sponsored by Monsanto is here to save us just in time.

Ridiculous.

Yes, and salmonella almonds also...I knew they were getting ready for something. In the end, there will not be any difference between Soviet Union (no private farms allowed) and USA and Europe.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by greshnik]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
they ain't gettin' my seed
that's an act of
well you know
forth

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PH43DRUS
[they ain't gettin' my seed that's an act of well you know forth ]

They can pry my seeds from my cold dead hands.

MONSANTO = SUPREME EVIL

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As someone said above, the fed has no power over a farmer who sells their produce with in the same state. Can any one locate a legal document stating this?

edit:sorry, been making a lot of misstypes today

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView
Nope. Even a farmer growing for his own consumption 'affects commerce' according to the SCOTUS and is subject to federal authority through the "Commerce Clause" and the 14th Amendment.

I know it doesn't make sense and it certainly isn't right, but it's the law of the land.

This was the exact scenario presented to the Court. Google "farmer" and "Commerce Clause" and you'll see how far it goes and how it happened.

jw

[edit on 16-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Can any one locate a legal document stating this?

See: Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942).

The "Commerce clause" reaches into your very own pocket. Anything you do that "affects commerce" (or doesn't, as in poor farmer Filburn's case) allows the feds to regulate your activities.

And you thought this was a "free" country!

Join a tea party.

"Fed Up Americans Mobilize - Over 150 Tea Parties"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I get so hot about this when I think about it, I guess I'm about to catch on fire.

It's like this big nasty global plan, not just with food, where in the end, you have your pants down and the authorities are letting you "have it" without vaseline.

Monsanto, and the FDA, wonderful, the two groups I trust the most on this planet.

We've got Psychiatry and Big Pharma married together, destroying people with poisons, trying to keep us blind, and under control. Monsanto and the FDA wants everything regulated, so we have to eat their garbage, more destruction. How convenient are the Saminella scares, that have probably brought more regulations? More regulations occurred during the 911 stuff. Thank god for our fearless Bush-inator, who "fixed" all that terrorist stuff, with his regulations. Also, we have media scare tactics, telling us that the global economy is collapsing. More convenient problems. What "fix" for the economy will be trumpeted high and loud, which will also strip another freedom, and throw down more regulations?

The thing is, I don't see many people in power fixing the real problems. Why is it that banks can rape you of $35 + for tiny overdrafts? And they can stick you multiple times, again, even if the amounts are tiny. Why are credit card companies allowed to completely and totally abuse you to the point, where you can't even pay for the hand full of stuff you bought 2 years ago?

Again, why can Psychiatry and Big Pharma literally kill and injure people in broad day light? Some people are so medicated, they can't even think straight. Some people simply die, some commit suicide, and other go on a killing spree, on these drugs. And, then, the "drug pushers" end up with unbelievable profits. This is one of the biggest conspiracies going on, on this planet, and you don't hear a word from the President about it.

A natural form of B vitamin gets banned, but something like Prozac gets to stay on the market? Why is that? There are a lot of questions, that make you go "what?"

An NWO type plan doesn't seem too far fetched, as far as I'm concerned. I think a "serpent" is among us. A lot of what is happening all seems like just one big conspiracy, with multiple parts.

Even with all this that is happening, you know what? This is my life, and I'm going to live it. I'm going to continue to create life as I see fit, and I suggest everyone do the same. Just shove the mindless bad guys out of the way. We'll pave our way toward happiness regardless. To life!

Troy

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This will only be the beginning... They'll be losing their freedoms as well as their lives later... It only gets tighter and tighter in security and lovingness from these wonderful people that run our lives...

Rgds
S&F

reply to post by ReelView

If a small grower is selling within his state the feds have no authority whatsoever.

Is this like them having no say in the legalization issue in CA and yet they bust down the doors within a state that has accepted it within their laws. Seems to me they don't have to follow any law at all or any rule for that matter. Even when its made by a governing body of a state.

Makes me wonder about the US government and how they will react to 10 plus states stating that they will resist what they are sending down the pipe at us. They will probably just make unlawful demands of its soldiers and police force that will trounce on any US citizen that speaks against their tyranny.

Time to wake up... Thanks for the call...

Rgds

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Welcome to prison-USA!

Seriously, I heard the bill was so ambiguous that it can mean anyone. Ted Nuget is spraying demon-kittens out of his nose right now; he's an environmentalist...of sorts.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Our "rights" have been whittled away since the Bill of Rights first "insured" them.

Food police are only the latest. Wait 'til the Guard and Reserves are on the Mexico border, armed and ready for action. All they have to do is "About Face!" and what do you have? Martial law from Texas to California!

We are in a lot of trouble unless people do something now.

See this:
"Fed Up Americans Mobilize: Over 150 Tea Parties"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This extremely important issue is actually on the Government Docket for April 2009.
They will likely try to pass it through without any testing required.
This will be the issue that makes my mind up one way or another about Obama.
If Monsanto has its way - then we have problems way beyond a economical crisis.

Docket APHIS-2008-0023

Docket Title Importation, Interstate Movement, and Release into the Environment of Certain Genetically Engineered Organisms

www.regulations.gov...

www.centerforfoodsafety.org...

Genetically Engineered Crops The genetic engineering of plants and animals is looming as one of the greatest and most intractable environmental challenges of the 21st Century. Already, this novel technology has invaded our grocery stores and our kitchen pantries by fundamentally altering some of our most important staple food crops. By being able to take the genetic material from one organism and insert it into the permanent genetic code of another, biotechnologists have engineered numerous novel creations, such as potatoes with bacteria genes, "super" pigs with human growth genes, fish with cattle growth genes, tomatoes with flounder genes, and thousands of other plants, animals and insects. At an alarming rate, these creations are now being patented and released into the environment.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Didn't I just comment to this thread the other day? Oh well no matter, what I think is that this is a bunch of redherring soup to cover up all the other issues that they are sneaking into congress. I just do not see them winning this one, too many family farms across the Nation which supply the healthy foods to many congressmen, Senators and their families. They dont want to eat GMO any more than you or I and lets face it people are waking up to the real truth behind GMO's.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Didn't I just comment to this thread the other day? Oh well no matter, what I think is that this is a bunch of redherring soup to cover up all the other issues that they are sneaking into congress. I just do not see them winning this one, too many family farms across the Nation which supply the healthy foods to many congressmen, Senators and their families. They dont want to eat GMO any more than you or I and lets face it people are waking up to the real truth behind GMO's.

It's already happened - it's already out of our control to a great degree.
We are just trying to get it reversed -
to stop the production of GM seeds until proper testing.
Even if there are those farmers who keep their farms healthy -
as you can see from these statistics - the masses do not know what they are eating.

Currently, up to 40 percent of U.S. corn is genetically engineered as is 80 percent of soybeans. It has been estimated that upwards of 60 percent of processed foods on supermarket shelves--from soda to soup, crackers to condiments--contain genetically engineered ingredients.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join