It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange flash and power cut NE Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have been hearing strange reports coming from the North East of Scotland that there was a Orange Flash that covered half the sky coming from the direction of the sea which is to the east. And there was wide spread power disruption knocking out street lights across the whole of Peterhead. Some people reported losing all power while others lost only street lights. This happened 2 weeks ago. Can anyone add anything to this?

[edit on 16-3-2009 by paranoidandroid99]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by paranoidandroid99]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have a friend who moved here from Scotland about 4 years ago.

I dont see him very often, but when i see him next i will be sure to ask him to ask he's family who live in Northern Scotland.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I t could be that space junk from the satallite crash a few week's back, i saw the same orange light traveling east, in southeast michigan,last night it traveled vertical for about 1 and a half sec before going out.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Do you know roughly what time the flash was observed at?

I live in the NE of Scotland and have not heard any reports of this orange light, although I live significantly further north than Peterhead so it may not have been visible from my location. I would still be interested to hear any more information if you have it.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by sonicology]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoidandroid99

Where have you been hearing these reports?

The only reference I can find on Google is this thread!

Also be useful to know when this supposedly happened - makes it easier checking the local paper
Obvious people to contact would be the Press and Journal in Aberdeen.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm in NE Scotland too, and I haven't heard anything about this, although I'm about 70 miles from Peterhead. Will see if I can dig up any local reports. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I was actually in Edinburgh the night this occurred it was approx 10-30pm to 11pm. I have an eyewitness who lives in a block of flats top floor that overlooks Peterhead. They saw the whole thing they have agreed to come on and give there version of events.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have the witness here.

At 9.50pm there was a green flash in the sky and the power for the street lights went out in my street for about 15 mins. Also other area's of the town people's power for there house went out for about 15 - 30 mins. Also people in the countryside had their power off for about 2 hours.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
At the risk of making a one word reply: when?

Without the date we can obtain no collaboration nor look for possible explanations.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Bright flash then power outage, seems like a substation explosion to me . Mind you that depends, if the flash was over the sea then the outage couldnt be anything to do with the Grid itself. Unless its some kind of overload at a hydro electrical station, you know , the ones where the dynamo is attached to the sea bed , and works with the motion of waves??

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It was the 3rd of March. Sorry for being so vague but i wasn,t here. I am just going by what people have told me

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Green flash in sky?
Meteor perhaps?
Might have smashed into a power cable, or substation?
Ill tell you one thing there is certain types of street lights.
That go out from vibration, not necessarily power outage.
They have surge protectors, residual current devices, in them in case people smash into them in there cars.
You can kick them and they go out.
But they are steel specific units, not the ones mounted on wooden electricity poles.
Vibration could have cause them to go out, and not the houses power.
Need info on what type of street light.

new topics

top topics

join