It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Magic Trick?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by PunkAtomic

That first video was pretty sweet though.

ha yea it was but it wasnt the one I meant to post and now I can find the one that I did meant to post!

UGH.

Atleast you are headed in the right direction for how your exact trick worked. It should only be a matter of time. If I find anything I will come here and post it for you.

As I always say,(well actually I have never in my life said this) When in doubt, ask ATS!

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

The joys of the internet lol. I'll youtube voodoo ash and see what comes up. I'm determined to figure this out *shakes fist*

LOL! I do that at work "Here gimmie your email and I'll send you this link...."
ATS is my go to for everything. I'm on everday, logged in or not XD

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PunkAtomic

Your friend couldn't have met that guy over here.

That pretty wild, but it's the same stuff that you see those "psychics" do like if you go to a las vegas show. I saw one back when I was in college, and he definitely was not from "over here".

After the show I asked him how I could learn to do that kind of stuff... then told me that I "looked familiar". No, I had never seen this guy before then. He then looked up, as if he was looking up something in his head, and then he told me that I needed a self help book.

I can't remember the guy's name, but I checked his website years later, and it had been taken over by a guy that does the same stuff, but looks completely different.

Definitely aliens involved in that one, man. Thats an "impossible" magic trick where "you can't do it".

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Here is an arm trick, done by none other than Criss Angel. It's not a name in his arm, but you can pretty well see how it's done, even though it's cool. Might give you a hint.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I used to dabble in street magic a bit 5 or 6 years ago. The trick you mentioned wouldn't be too hard to pull off.

If you want one that really messes with people's heads though, the 4 card monte blows it out of the water IMO.

If you do it smoothly and with good audience involvement, it usually gets a few screams out of people

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
More cool videos! I'd love to be able to do some of that stuff.

Thank you everyone for your input, its great to have finally figured all of this out after over a year. :-p

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Pretty cool magic trick! Not sure if it could be fake or not but ya never know.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Also, the guy could have started drawing a line on his arm which could be the start of many letters and guaged your reaction on each letter, letting him know which letter goes next.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A varient on this trick really relies on the ability of the person who the trick is played on to be so astounded by the magicians abilities that they falsly remember the events leading up to the trick.
For instance, in the version of the trick I have seen the magician will ask someone to write a name of someone dear to them across the centre of a bit of paper but will then say that it has to be in block letters (or something similar to that). He will then take the bit of paper off the person and visibly tear it up in such a way that he palms the centre piece with the name on it and throws the other bits of paper onto the floor. While you re-write your name on the new paper he uses a crayon or something along those lines to write the chosen name on his forearm.
What you have to ask yourself is did he take the first piece of paper with the name written on it off you and rip it up? If he did then I think you will find he used the above version of the trick to fool you.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am a magician. I won't reveal to you how its done but I can tell you that neither the shoe laces or the arm thing are supernatural in any way. I can perform the arm effect with literally no advanced preparation. The shoe laces require a little prep as there is a gimick involved.

I would make one recommendation. Don't google for how its done. Leave the illusion as it is in your mind. You will be very disappointed when you find out how. Most good magicians put a lot of time money and effort into learning the routines they perform. Respect their investment by not spoiling it for yourself. After all we are out to entertain YOU not ourselves. Yes we get some joy out of that entertainment, but if you know the secrets you wont enjoy the performance as much.

BTW the Cris Angel this is done completely differently than what the OP is refering to. You dont have an FX department and video editing software infront of a live audience. And pretty much all of the people you see on mindfreak are paid actors.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by zombiemann]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I watched this Magic revealed show a few weeks ago with my woman, and she got all pissed off because I guessed every illusion, except for one, which I got half of it, but not all the devices.

It did kind of bum me out to watch the reveal.
takes the shock and awe out quite a bit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join