It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify This Weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am leaking a photo of a classfied weapon, this is not a prototype.... this is a direct energy weapon

www.kirtland.af.mil...

blog.wired.com...

Can someone please label this weapon? it exists, I have given a military site link to the image, which is not displayed on the site, and also this is a photo of a soldier training...

I posted this on the Iran Military forums... and of course they have their ignorant heads shoved somewhere LOL saying its a toy.... someone should tell them what their aircraft are!

I would like to have people research this weapon, as there are things not from here... so to say which are starting to leak out.

the engine which surpasses light speed has also been leaked, but it has yet to be leaked where the technology originally came from as it suddenly 'appeared' from a 'discovery' or breakthrough... but no scientists take credit for inventing it, because it was discovered, not designed...

Now im a big skeptic, but this type of technology begs the question... where the hell did it come from?... its not human

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-3-2009 by XIZTENZ]

[edit: title - All Caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's not classified, and it was made by Raytheon.

www.raytheon.com...

Originally posted by XIZTENZ
Now im a big skeptic, but this type of technology begs the question... where the hell did it come from?... its not human

If you actually study electronics, physics, and other sciences you would know that this technology is quite human.

Actually, I don't think Aliens make weapons. They are a lot smarter than that...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I am leaking a photo of a classfied weapon, this is not a prototype.... this is a direct energy weapon

This definitely isn't classified because Iv seen it before.. on tv I think.

Cant tell you exactly what it does though... You are right that it is a direct energy weapon.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

It's just a hand held A.D.S.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's called PHASR, and it's a laser "dazzler" weapon intended to have a disorienting effect.

The Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response rifle (PHASR) is a prototype non-lethal laser dazzler developed by the U.S. Department of Defense. Its purpose is to temporarily disorient and blind a target.

[edit on Mon 16 Mar 2009 by The Vagabond]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Oh yeah, I was wrong, but I remember now.

I think I saw it on the "Future Weapons" show.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I doubt it is a lethal weapon at all.More than likely an upgraded laser designator.In the the past these things were heavy and mounted on tripods,for special op's troops.It's called painting the target.A low powered IR laser,with specific modulation(codes) is put on a target by the operator. Laser seeking bombs or missiles find said laser reflection(with correct code) and there goes the neighborhood.
Lasers or for that matter microwaves,or even magnetic rail guns,take far to much power for them to be effective,or lethal at combat ranges of 200 to 500 meters.
All of the above mentioned technology's do exist,but are deployed on heavy platforms such as trucks,tracked vehicles,or aircraft.Again due to the large amount of power they need to be effective.
Oh by the way I did not find anything about that rifle at Raytheon.
Good Hunting

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its a laser, and its a dazzler

when it paints the eyes of a person it causes disorientation.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Could very well be.The problem with that of course,try holding a laser pointer on a moving target and you will see that dot of light dance wildly everywhere but where you want it.That type of weapon needs to have some kind of face tracking technology to boot if it is to be effective.If it is it would have very little effect on say modern military forces,as they started using laser blocking goggles some ten years ago, first for pilots,now just about anybody who's at risk for a possible laser hit on the battlefield.

Good Hunting

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah, that's a dazzler, it's not a weapon per se.
Dazzler

Really, why would any extraterrestrial biologic intelligence who is capable of surmounting the many fiendishly complex obstacles of space travel need a ray gun, anyway?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
LOL well thank you guys... I will post a link to this topic in another forum to shut them all the hell up... its an iranian forum... so guess they will be #ting themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Really, why would any extraterrestrial biologic intelligence who is capable of surmounting the many fiendishly complex obstacles of space travel need a ray gun, anyway?

Good question...

Why would you need a ray gun, if you could manipulate gravity. You can just bend things out of the way, or smash them like a bug, and throw them out into the vastness of space...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

I would hardly say that "you" are leaking a photo of this oversized, obviously cumbersome to drag around in the field, disorientation instrument.

There was a documentary about 5 years ago on Discovery Channel about this very item. Primary use is for rescue operations in hostage situations where the disorientation gun will cause confusion and disorient the suspects quickly, reducing the risk of harm to hostages and the suspects.

I would imagine that today the disorientation gun is much smaller and less cumbersome that the item in the "leaked" picture you posted.

Heh...leaked...dramatize the thread..but everyone needs their 15 mins of fame/attention I suppose.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Maybe because they need to disorient the hu-man speicies before abducting them, or perhaps to shoot at other ET's that shoot at them.

Or maybe perhaps in order to navigate the fiendishly complex obstacles you think are so close to one another, by aiming a beam in front of their flight path to tell their navigation computer to turn right, left, go up, or down. Navigation beam per say..perhaps?

Perhaps they like ray beam light shows too...who knows.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
...perhaps in order to navigate the fiendishly complex obstacles you think are so close to one another, by aiming a beam in front of their flight path to tell their navigation computer to turn right, left, go up, or down. Navigation beam per say..perhaps?

No, I was speaking of ray guns within the context of this thread, as tactical weaponry. I would think any intelligence that has mastered interstellar travel, overcoming the incredible obstacles of energy consumption, navigation and life support, would be able to resolve comparatively trivial confrontations with lower animals without resorting to wasteful and inefficient high-energy weaponry.

A species sufficiently advanced to bridge the distances between stars on a regular basis would probably have the gravitational and electromagnetic know-how to simply and selectively shut down our power grid and disable our puny weaponry before we even thought about firing it.

This is way off topic, but I think it's unlikely that we could back-engineer technology that is 250,000+ years more advanced than our own. That'd be like a troop of chimpanzees back-engineering a desktop computer to more effectively catch termites. There's just no connection between the logic and objectives of one species and another, see, so you couldn't effectively cannibalize ET's technology without a complete understanding of ET's technological history.

For all the good it would do you, you might as well just start from scratch and create a new technology that is within your means and within the scope of your intelligence, right.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Actually, there's a bit more to PHASR than that.

When it was first released it was pitched as just a dazzler; everyone was baffled as to why it was so damn big.

It turns out it's also an IR laser used as a non-lethal "pain beam" -
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
It's not classified, and it was made by Raytheon.

www.raytheon.com...

If you actually study electronics, physics, and other sciences you would know that this technology is quite human.

Actually, I don't think Aliens make weapons. They are a lot smarter than that...

Your wrong Stellar Photonics made this mock up and it is a concept piece doesnt actually work this is what they think it will look like!

The device uses a technology known as dynamic pulse detonation (DPD). A short but intense laser pulse creates a ball of plasma, and a second laser pulse generates a supersonic shockwave within the plasma to generate a bright flash and a loud bang.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[edit on 20-3-2009 by hardeeboy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anymore information regarding this weapon is welcome... the more the learn the better.

Anyone read the poor mans ray gun? the book? might have a shot at building one when the time comes.

you # around with a microwave... one problem is concentrating the 'beam' as its spread out, anyone got any tips at compressing and directing the energy as such. I know when you have fire inside a microwave it becomes 'plasma' and I want to # around with this and see what I build... so long as the garage doesnt explode.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join