It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutalize Anti-Police Brutality Demo - again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Protesters met at 2 p.m. in front of Mount Royal metro station to express their displeasure with the Montreal police and their brutal ways. Organized by the Collective Opposed to Police Brutality (COBP), the protesters are demanding justice for victims of police brutality and the end of police oppression. The COPB also provides legal information for people who are threatened by police.

Unfortunately most years in Montreal the International Day Against Police Brutality turns violent once police begin attacking protesters. Ironically by instigating violence against those opposing police brutality, the police actually highlight the message that they are, in fact, brutal. Last year there were over 30 arrests after police turned violent.

Full Story

Hey all! This has to be my first thread ever here on ATS, despite being a member for a good couple of years now. I figured I'd post it anyways considering it hits rather close to home.... or "right AT home", I should say! If its been posted, by all means, this thread can be closed!

I didn't hear anything about this until just now... which is kind of scary because the protest went on quite recently right down the street from where I work.

Anyways, I'm not going to point the finger and say that the violence was initiated by the police themselves (as unsurprising as that would be), or anyone else for that matter. I just wanted to share the news with everyone here to show you whats going on up here.

Maybe there are some members here from Montreal who were at the protest that can share a first-person perspective!

Same story from Mainstream news

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
lol, quite ironic.

I'm pretty sure both sides knew it was going to end this way though!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, really... It's exactly what the PTB want.

join