It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council pension funds suing RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Council pension funds suing RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland)

news.bbc.co.uk

Two local authority pension funds have told the BBC they are suing Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) for compensation.

The Merseyside and North Yorkshire funds accuse RBS of withholding the extent of the bank's problems before its government rescue last year.

They will be represented by Cherie Booth QC, wife of Tony Blair.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What the heck is going on here?

By all means, sue the heck out of them, but why go to America to do it?

What would anyone gain from going all that way to get it done? Would it be the 'expertise and experience' that lawyers have in America that English lawyers dont?

Or would it be the integration of American style trials and law system being filtered into the UK?
We already have shopping centres being called malls and I've even seen Spuds-R-Us celebrating thanksgiving in the UK.

I see they mention 'high-profile media event'.... is that all this really is? An event for the media to play on, to push onto us to brainwash us even more.. to fool us into thinking something really important is happening right in front of us whilst the really real important things are going on elsewhere, behind closed doors and well out of the spotlight.

And why is i just for shareholders? what about the public.. without the public there would be no shareholders...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join