It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take The Poll: Determine the Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My favorites have always been,

1.Ufo/alien
2. 9/11

3.And the last one may seem odd or out there but I have always wonder about Egypt. I am talking about the "real" history. There is proof that the Sphinx is much older than what it really is, yet nobody wants to see it. I would much rather know the real history than the fake one.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
First vote for me. It was a pretty clear choice what the winners should be.
1. Extraterrestrial Cover-up
2. Moon Landings and Mysterious objects
3. Alternate Energy Suppression

Obviously E.T. cover-up should be #1. For everyday they withhold this humanity changing information, it will make it devistatingly harder to tell the truth.
Did we land on the moon? Was is faked? So many questions. Hopefully a country besides the U.S. will set the record straight one day if someone else ever makes it there.
Alternate Energy Suppression - Free energy and environment safe energy is extremly important and it is the only conspiracy on this board that is of actually good nature. - ie. - not governments killing and poisoning their people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree with you on the Egyptian theory. Not a lot has been said of Egyptian influence in conspiracy but just a few things to consider:

*Egypt was a dominant culture and power for 2000 years... much longer than the Greeks, Romans, or the Empires of the Far East... then in a period of approximately 500 years, Egypt began to crumble, only becoming a remnant of it's former self, serving a popular vacation spot for conquerors.

*I often wonder how far the human race would have advanced had the great Library in Alexandria had not burned to the ground. Stranger yet is the fact that historians cannot even agree when the library burned down.

*About the time of the Exodus which is documented in Judeo-Christian scripture was about the time that Akhenaten wanted to introduce monotheism to the Egyptians. The education and evidence surrounding these cultures and ideas are nearly non-existent. Some argue that the Exodus never happened, even going so far as to label it as a Jewish legend (although records of the Exodus could just as easily been destroyd in the aforementioned fire). Here are 2 intersting timelines to compare:
Timeline of Ancient Egypt
Timeline of Judaism

*Another interesting observation: the influence of ancient Egyptian religion and mythology seem to dominate the culture of the world's elite secret organizations and brotherhoods.

*The Egyptian Empire even predates the culture of Babylon, the 'Cradle of Civilization'. Why did Egypt get snubbed on this label?

If we thought about it we could cite examples all day long.
--------------------------
CHANGING GEARS: Of course, one more conspiracy nobody seems to address the 'dumbing down' of kids in America. Here is a link to a late 19th century 8th grade graduation test. Even more disturbing would be to see how well college professors would do if they were to take the exam. Click here for the 8th grade final

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

WTF? I didn't even understand most of those questions. What are the Principal Parts of a verb? What does that mean? A verb is an action, uh, what the principal parts are I don't have a clue what that means so can't answer it!

Of course, I can build a computer, lets see those kids who passed that test in 1895 do that.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Great done my vote, tricky to make the three chioce, why do people want to make several votes if just an individual

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

Hey thanks! Most people think I am a bit out there for the Egypt one, but it just makes me wonder. I will have to check out your links and that test! I do agree with you on this subject as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

WOW I just looked at that test and was a bit amazed. I do not remember 8th grade being like that, nor is it this way now.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Voting closes at midnight tonight. Please get your votes in. I can't wait to see the comprehensive list.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The finished top-ten list is nearly complete, and will be going up later today.

Here's a sneak-peak at number ten...

The United States Shadow Government
2.62% of all votes

A little-publicised executive order during the Reagan administration created the National Program Office which established a secret national security team outside the traditional branches of the government. This new agency with a reported multi-billion dollar budget was headed up by covert operations loyalist Oliver North, and included then Vice-President George Bush (Sr.), Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld (who was not part of the administration at the time). Long time conspiracy theorists were ultimately not surprised to see key members of this secret national security agency placed in prominent administration positions, and at key "action stations," at the time of the attacks on September 11, 2001.

Soon after the 9/11 attacks, this office was given a degree of legitimacy by the Bush (Jr.) administration and known more broadly as Project 908 or "Continuity Of Government" (COG). Because of their involvement in national security issues, even when not officially in any administration agency, the NPO and later COG has been the target of a great deal of conspiracy speculation ranging from off-the-books covert activity to having total control of the executive branch of the U.S. government.

More information about this particular conspiracy theory may be obtained from the following topics here on AboveTopSecret.com:
The Shadow Government, A Complete Info Resource
Bush administration is running a "shadow government"
Mount Weather: Secret Underground Complex
The United States' Secret Shadow Government, A Structural Analysis
FEMA The Secret Government
Political Conspiracies Forum: Recent Topics Overview

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join