It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take The Poll: Determine the Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Vote casted! Very cool, awesome idea. Is there any way to check the progress of the polls, or do we have to wait until the 23rd? I'm eager to see how people are voting, and am too impatient to wait an entire week! Haha!

Great job ATS, keep up the imaginative work.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks
Voted!!
I have more for tomorrow

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have one - here is my favorite Conspiracy theory: but it isn't one

How about the "TAX LAW"

Show me the law.

I have read about Joe Bannister "former audit officer" and he was let go for asking questions like where is the law.

No law

I have seen good 'ol American's like Ed and Elaine brown of New Hampshire and their friends who supported them, like Dan Riley who was shot at by Federal agents and who I might add was unarmed sent to some Federal prison for 30+ years just for proclaiming they are Statesmen and that the tax laws which were "Never" properly ratified by all necessary states is legal. That original law was meant for the district of Columbia and importing businesses only! Not the Stateman!

Ask Ron Paul - an American Senator where the law is!

Well, tomorrow my Mom who is a Mormon and has never even received a parking/speeding ticket in her entire life is being audited by the Federal Government.

She is 70 years old and when divorced worked two jobs to get me through life. She because of ailments and life needs took her retirement plan out early. But because the "FED" thought they didn't get enough, tomorrow they are coming to her house to take anything of value!

So here is my Mom who is 70 and worked her fingers to the bone getting robbed by these very same Bass Turds that gave everyone in California a IOU for their tax return taking everything that is left of any value that my 70+ mother and Step-Father worked for.

Isn't it funny how that works, if you owe money they want it right now and intimidate you with guns and prison terms, but if they owe you money they come to your house, inventory everything and take what they want.

So my favorite CONSPIRACY theory is that there is a valid tax law for the Fed's to strip a 70 year old woman of her hard earned life!

This World is corrupt by greedy and evil men - using a gun to get their point across!

When does it end?

Why did we leave and fight Britain again? Can somweone tell me that!

Because here we are agiain and these same bloodlines have just robbed our Country blind to make every citizen dependent on them again!

Revolution II

There is my Conspiracy!

Does anyone love and believe in this Nation anymore? Does anyone in Washington D.C. really care about the people!

[edit on 16-3-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Real good job Overlord, Applause! You can have 500 of my points for your effort; keep up the great work! Voting was painless.

Wait a minute...where's big pharmacy? And mainstream media control? A conspiracy to leave them out? Or just taking meds, and vegging-out in front of the tube?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Done and done.

I'll be doing this every day until this poll is down.
It will be very interesting

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The poll system is very slick, and a great idea all together.
I do think some of the connotations are a little off...
Religion for population control, or for control over the population?
And where's the Ancient Origins cover-up option? Genetic Manipulation, Nephilim, Alien visitations, etc. etc. Does this fall under the Extraterrestrial option?
Of course it's not an easy task to hand us all conspiracies on a silver platter!!!!

But since Bilderberg and NWO are pretty much the same conspiracy, why not have a slot for our ancient history?
And why is it only 2012's reality suppression, when it could be just "reality suppression" as in, we are purposely kept in the dark about our human potential and universe?

Just a couple thoughts, but in general 2
!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I voted. I wish I had had time (or had made time) to do a write up on the conspiracy that has been passed down through the ages that involves the church and the black pope. It was there for the founding of the USA. I can't really wrap my head around it I guess.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Stunningly well done. Clear. Consise. Easy to see (contrasting colors). Nice on the eyes. Three different clicks on one page; that don't interfere with each other.

Very pleasurable experience. Will there be more?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I decline to vote on the fact that it may contribute to my being listed on "the list" of subversive anti government individuals.

There are some conspiracies no doubt, but what good does it do to vote on them?

You wont change a thing, and quite possibly get in trouble for freedom of expression.

I vote to ride the storm out and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Geeze ... we're only supposed to choose three?!

As much as I would like to point the finger at extraterrestrial or suppression of certain knowledge - I had to go with:

NWO & 1WG
Political control by MIC
U.S. Shadow government

I think the last administration has shown how the U.S. can effectively cause strife throughout the world - thus, as much as I'd like to say 2012 or Area51, I have to go with those that are most evident and affect the most people. Rather than vote for my favorite - I voted for those that I thought were the most important to expose.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Your dissent here will make you stand out, better get votin'!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I was having trouble (in general, glitches) with explorer-so I downloaded firefox-but it was awful, so I downloaded one called Opera, and, I have been pretty happy/lucky with it's functioning.

I followed a link after reading This browser tutorial and browser choices page and choosing what I felt was right for what I was dealing with. Explorer plays the media better (for my dinosaur tech) than Opera, though.

Maybe a browser from in there will allow the survey to function in the right way for you. You could always uninstall it right afterward, if it makes the difference in participating or not.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Even the greatest of journeys begins with the first step.

Take a stand or else nothing will ever change. You can "ride it out" all you want, but don't be surprised if you're still "riding" in 10, 20 or 50 years.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Voted!!

One thing that I found a bit odd was how many different conspiracies about UFO's where listed, I think the UFO field would have been better served by just listing one the one that said UFO/Extraterrestial cover-up.

Oh well...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
One thing that I found a bit odd was how many different conspiracies about UFO's where listed,

As any true aficionado of conspiracies and cover-ups will tell you, the "hard core" conspiracists consider "Unidentified Flying Objects" and the related misinformation, misdirection, and cover-up conspiracies to be distinctly separate from the cover-ups related to the possibility that one or more governments collude with or are aware of extraterrestrials.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I wanted to print the list but couldn't from the format it's in for voting, so... here it is text-based:

Conspiracies related to 9/11
JFK assassination
Cover-ups related to UFO sightings
The cover-up of the event in Roswell, NM
Extraterrestrial cover-up
Moon landings and mysterious objects
New World Order & one world government
Area 51 and extraterrestrial technology
MK Ultra & mind control experiments/technology
Cover-up of the O’Hare airport UFO incident
The controlled demolition of the global economy
Political control by military industrial complex
Religion as a population control system
Conspiracies related to the global banking elite
Water fluoridation and other
Bilderberg, Illuminati, CFR, PNA, etc.
Chemtrails
Marilyn Monroe’s death and JFK
Oklahoma City bombing
Alternative energy suppression
The Estonia sinking
Pearl Harbor: let it happen on purpose
The Philadelphia Experiment
The creation/engineering of AIDS
The Council of Nicea
The U.S. shadow government
The odd murals and designs at Denver airport
Waco massacre / Branch Davidians
Free Mason conspiracies
Operation Paperclip
John Titor
2012 reality being suppressed
The Dulce base
Nazi UFOs and advanced technology
HAARP, weather control, and scalar weapons

You rock!! Thanks for a great thread and fun interaction

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Great job on this endeavor. Can't wait for the results and what comes next. I think a vote for cover/up on UFO's and ET will cover all related UFO topics. All topics are all so interesting that it was hard to vote on only three. I too would like to see some ancient history/ancient alien topics.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

Yeah, I agree. Some of them were a little too specific actually. The coverup of the Chicago O'hare UFO? Wouldn't that fall under the UFO sightings category anyway? I know that there are a million threads about it and that its still a huge topic on ATS but it seems overkill.

I mean, If you believe in what supposedly happened with extraterrestrials at Area 51 AND Roswell, wouldn't you just bypass the two and select "coverups of extraterrestrials?" to include all possible extraterrestrial coverups? To categorize the top 3, you can't be that specific. The topics we discuss on ATS just seem too broad.

-ChriS

[edit on 17-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I understand that, the point I'm trying to make is that maybe with so many options on the table the vote for UFO related conspiracies would be dilluted which can cause a not so real end result where no UFO topic would crack the top 3.

Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You have a lot of good conspiracy theories, but the one's that intrest me, are why is Antartica google images, and satallite pics, image tampered? and what about the probability, that most ufo's are from a race of creatures, that live in are waters?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join