It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Americans mobilize: More than 150 tea parties

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

When stellarx starts talking about U.S. liberals and conservatives, there's something you all need to understand. His true agenda is nothing less than the resurrection of the old soviet union (do the research). That is also the reason he favors U.S. liberals over conservatives, because he views the liberals to be his "kinfolk" and thus much less of a threat to his dream than the conservatives who favor a strong national defense.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
And as far as tea paties go..... Let me tell everyone right now who think a "tea" party is going to do any thing...WRONG!... It's going to get you placed on a no fly list is what it's going to do... The fixation of people who can't get past the very proof that is sitting right in front of them right now that the republican party and the democrat party are the very people who has gotten us right where we are today. People you can try to twist this from left to right all you want but the bottom line is they ARE THE SAME!!!! They both put us in this economic down swing they both work for the same government that has enslaved each and every one of us. You want change... STOP VOTING THE SAME PEOPLE IN OFFICE! This is what happens when you entrech politicians in postions to become captitol hill lifers....They dis-connect from "WE THE PEOPLE" and become part of the "club". I would beg to say we are NEVER going to see the end now! we have lost all power we can't revolt...They would just send the military in and lable you domestic terrorist. Tea party....
How about having a tea party in you brain when you go to the voting booth in 3 years and stop voting for Republicans and Democrats... I want someone to prove that this is not the fault of generations of Republican and Democrat decision making
I don't care what party you are now cause if you are a Republican or Democrat supporter you are as now part of the problem. It's time for the rest of us who are of "other party lines" to set aside differences and get the right people in for change cause the Republicans and Democrats have proven for 50+ years they can not get the crap straight...I will put satan in office now as long as he doesn't have a R or D beside his name.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Allow me to enlighten you. The top ten richest people in the US are all liberals.

In terms of perhaps their views on religion, gay marriage, abortion or such some distractions but not in the classical sense

en.wikipedia.org...

Please read that and reconsider your claim that this rich folk are 'liberals'. Do they for instance believe in anything but their own liberty ( robbing everyone else blind) , the 'rule of law' ( when their lawyers create new laws or circumcent old ones') or 'equality'? Does any of them favor any type of redistribution of wealth to those who do not have any? How are these guys liberals?

Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Larry Ellison, the Walton kids, all big time Libs. Surely you have heard of these people? If not, here is a link.

www.inprofession.com/2008/10/03/americas-top-10-richest-people-in-2008

I have heard of all of them and as i understand the elder Walton would be turning in his grave ( and he wasn't a saint) if he could saw what the kids are doing in the family name. As for the rest i can't think of anything good to say and can't figure out how they are liberals.

The issue is not Conservative vs Liberal, it's not even the "Haves vs the Have Nots".

That is exactly what it is; the 99.9999% of the have nots vs the very small minority. To reduce it to liberals vs conservatives is not something i can even remember myself ever doing.

It's the elite vs the common folks. It's time that we common folks put aside the labels and banded together and take our Country back.

Agreed and it just find it very strange that you still manage to consider the elite 'liberals' while you seem to acknowledge that the problem is larger than that.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm half-way tempted to put stellarx into "ignore" but intrigued enough by the 'thinking' to see just how far off the mark (s)he is elsewhere.

Sx' ideology is clear from the attitude as well as the substance of the prose. As you noted, it's probably close to what we can expect to come out of our post-secondary institutions and high schools.

No wonder it's so easy for TPTB to skate by with what they do.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
When stellarx starts talking about U.S. liberals and conservatives, there's something you all need to understand. His true agenda is nothing less than the resurrection of the old soviet union (do the research).

Coming from the defender of the imperialist American national security state that really is RICH. For the record ( not that you have ever said WHY you believe that about me) i don't like what mostly happened in the USSR , much of it's foreign policy or really the ideology of robbing people of their freedoms in the supposed defense against capitalism. I would tell you what i did like about the USSR but i suppose saying that i like anything about it would be far more than enough for you to go on thinking crazy thoughts.

That is also the reason he favors U.S. liberals over conservatives,

The reason i 'favor' the 'liberals' ( their not liberals' is mostly because they seem the are the back up team that seem to be put in power whenever the crazed 'conservatives' ( their not conservatives) destroys the US economy and people's rights a bit too fast and causes outrages.

So yeah, perhaps i am just not clued ( but i have some ideas) in enough to understand the specific role the 'liberals' are playing in this double teaming of the American people.

because he views the liberals to be his "kinfolk" and thus much less of a threat to his dream

I happen to think they are doing slightly less harm but considering the level of destruction they are both visiting on the American people that might not be saying much. They are NOT my kinfolk but certainly a threat to my dream of seeing a well enough armed and defended American public ( with no army or soldiers in any place but the continental USA) that isn't being taxed into oblivion and killed and wounded in wars for corporate profit.

than the conservatives who favor a strong national defense.

No they do not. If they favored a truly strong national defense they would had managed to rebuild the ABM defenses the US bad deployed back in the 60's. The US would navy would be in far better shape than it is , carriers would be slowly phased out, and strategic command would have a nuclear arsenal ( and other newer and deadlier weapons) that can actually breach current Russian strategic defenses and a strategic air force that could project force from bases in the United States.

Whatever i am i am not for a undefended United States.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
I'm half-way tempted to put stellarx into "ignore" but intrigued enough by the 'thinking' to see just how far off the mark (s)he is elsewhere.

Well i will never put you, or anyone else, on ignore and will correct what i think needs it whenever i notice it.

Sx' ideology is clear from the attitude as well as the substance of the prose. As you noted, it's probably close to what we can expect to come out of our post-secondary institutions and high schools.

Something i am somewhat regreting not pursueing.... I suppose i can take this as a compliment.

No wonder it's so easy for TPTB to skate by with what they do.

Deny ignorance

Certainly so. Education is a dual sword and it serves whoever determines the curriculum.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Are you taking a position on Americans' deciding to demonstrate against status quo (or worse) and their gov't's move to the left, or are you just posting to be critical of capitalism/conservatism?

The majority of Americans favor a diminished role for federal government.(see above)

The thread addresses Americans' desire for a greater voice protesting their gov't's dramatic move to the left.

State your position.

jw

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
If martial law is declared, many soldiers and police would abandon their posts, or better yet, turn their guns around. The government will do anything they can to avoid declaring martial law- because if they do- we will have already won.

Are you insane? Once a military dictatorship is declared you can kiss any half-ass freedom you once had and stay home carefully listening to the "voice of america" fascist channel about what you can or cannot do. Ask the people who lived with such conditions in south america and africa. And the vast majority of soldiers/police will do as instructed out of necessity.

Not to mention all the high tech gear they got at their disposal. An american dictatorship will likely make hitler and stalin look lame and what will you rebels do when you run out of ammo?

Originally posted by moonwilson
A riot, or series of riots- would provoke an armed response from the government. Leading to the necessity of martial law in the areas where the riots occur- which could spark more riots- and snowball from there. It wouldn't be the only way to get the ball rolling, but it's one of them.

Trust me, that is the LAST THING we need! Peaceful protests are ok just make sure things don't get out of hand. If enough people had been willing to protest peacefully while Bush was in office and on top of that voted for him twice we would NOT be in this pathetic mess.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
Why are they still refered to as Donations, no matter which way you
look at it they are bribes. The reasoning, the outcome, it's not like giving
money to a charity but even then they expect a wing or something to
be named after them. There's always a catch and expect to get something
in return.

And bribes (I mean donations) are actually encouraged and accepted by all Parties.
However the value of the Bribes (I mean donations) is considerably
less than in previous years. So, it must getting tough when they can't
afford bigger donations.

Corporate donations of any value should be banned! As you correctly stated this problem lies at the root of most evil because no one gives away anything without expecting a little something in return...

Campaign financing should be done 100% with tax payer money so they can be accountable to the people who pay and elect them. This reformation, by itself, will not solve all our problems but its a huge step in the right direction. Another necessary reformation tactic is to shorten the election campaign process to the absolute minimum.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Not that I am a communist sympathiser, but if I have to choose between state sponsered communism and corporate sponsered ultra-capitalism I'll take communism any day.

Both systems in essence are dictatorial in nature, but in theory communism(work for the community)is better than working to make a small percentage of elite more elite.

Mild capitalism, as is the case in many countries around the world, is by far the best eco-political system ever developed because it marries self-responsibility with group responsibility. If people are sick/injured and cannot work they are taken care of appropriately and the right to medical attention is not frowned upon. Also a one month paid vacation and motherly leave for child bearing is standard practice. Do americans have the same rights? Nope....

The real problem with ultra-capitalism is that the working class and the middle class don't stand a chance when competing with the big, multi-national firms due to the *economies of scale* principle. The anti-trust laws were supposed to prevent artificial monopolies from developing but unfortunately they rarely, if ever, got enforced. Result=corporate fascism and everyone tending to their whims.....

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokehouseslim
I believe jackin 18 wheelers full of cigarettes & food bound for big name Grocery outlets is a pretty big shot, that would be heard throughout the universe.

Just try and "jack" my 18 wheeler and see where it gets you.

Violence against another member of this society is NOT the answer to this problem. What did truck drivers do to make you want to harm them and the job their trying to do?

If it weren't for us "18 wheelers" you wouldn't have TP to wipe your ***. Think before you post.

ON TOPIC .....

I think these are an excellent way of getting the message out there. The only problem is ... yes, they can hear us but WILL THEY LISTEN? They've already proven they don't give a flying flip what "We The People" say.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
A New Tea Party

There's a storm a brewing. What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet? Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. I, like all of you, am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.

O.K.. folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. If you are fearful of the fallout from the reckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.

So, here's the plan.. On April 1, 2009, all Americans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washington , D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way.. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes..

This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Party and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the teabag on April 1. Why, April 1?? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. do it? I will..

Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington , D.C. 20500 .

Forward this to everyone you know. Visit the website below for more information about the 'New American Tea Party'. I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1.. Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. What will this cost you? A little time and a 40 something cent stamp.

What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people. Take out the Pork. Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late.

Of course, if you agree with the way things are being done now, just delete!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Here is a video of one in Cincinnati...seems like a large gathering.

I was present... Unfortunately the video cuts off before the punch line, which was: "If it moves, tax it; if it keeps moving, regulate it; if it stops moving, bail it out!"

But seriously, it is interesting how suddenly Republicans are unanimously against big government spending. Call them "foul-weather" friends of fiscal responsibility. Now that their boys aren't in power... Wallah! they have discovered true conservatism.

Of course, there was one Republican in Congress all along who stayed true to these principles through thick and thin. He didn't allow himself to be mugged by 9/11 like the rest of them. Need I say who? I'm talking about Ron Paul of course.

So, it is interesting that at this particular tea party the local representative of Congressman Paul's Campaign for Liberty requested to give a speech but was denied by the organizers. "Interesting" for a couple of reasons. First, you may recall that "tea party" is a phrase that was re-introduced into the political vocabulary with Ron Paul's record-breaking presidential campaign fund-raising in a single day back in Dec. '07. Second, none of the speakers had any specific solutions to offer; it was basically one massive moan & complain fest... (and I thought liberals we're supposed to be the big whiners). The Campaign for Liberty people however were carrying signs, handing out pamphlets and desiring to speak from the podium in support of Paul's Audit the Fed bill. But, generally the crowd had little interest in concrete solutions that attempt to strike at the heart of the nation's problems. This mob was really quite happy in it's pig-sty of self-pity.

And, "pig-sty" is an appropriate term here, because it really got ugly when the alleged "one Obama supporter" - the only black man I saw that day -was surrounded by a mocking crowd of white people chanting "GET A JOB!"
This poor fellow actually looked like he might be homeless, carrying an illegible sign of which I was only able to make out the word "obama." So, I'm wondering if this was basically a bum-fights scenario... 'Hey buddy I'll give you $5 if you take this sign and walk through Fountain Square...'

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

S. Africa is so far out of touch with reality and the rest of the world that I can understand your reluctance or inablility to see the American forest for the trees.

Speculate all you want about my motives or lack of 'means' to understand what the American government have been doing for two centuries.

The United States Constitution is the delegation by "We The People of the United States of America" of limited authority to a federal government to "protect, defend and preserve" the union of the states and their common good.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

As decided by a bunch of rich white old men. That federal government voted itself into power and were not and are still not representatives of what Americans have been fighting to get for centuries. I can understand that you believe in the benevolence of the 'founding father' 'hero folk' but sadly that makes you no different from those people who desperately believe that Bush/ Obama/Clinton/Kerry/Reagan would have or will fix the system that is undermining a way of life they would like to experience.

The U.S. was founded as a republic: A representative democracy that allowed its federal government limited powers to preserve, defend and enrich the republic; reserving to the people and their respective states those powers not specifically delegated to the federal gov't.

It was founded as a republic where only certain wealthy individuals could vote ( certainly not women, 'coloured folk' and the vast majority of the citizens who couldn't afford to) so to call what it was way back then a 'representative democracy' is to make a mockery of what that description implies today or perhaps even back then.

States were free to craft their own, sometimes peculiar or unique, internal laws and regulations.

As long as it did not undermine central authority in any serious way; you must be forgetting both the civil wars?

Over the years, and especially in the 20th and 21st centuries, the power of the federal gov't has expanded exponentially, that of the individual states' diminished, and, the cost passed to the people individually (through an income tax, among other things) and their states.

Too broad a statement. Americans become wealthier for the majority of the 21sth century ( and ran in place for the latter third) so it's hard to say that states rights were that seriously eroded in ways that were not rewarded by the central government. Perhaps it can be said that it was a simple concentration of power but at least not one without benefit.

The election of Barack Hussein Obama marked the culmination of this diminution of state autonomy and sovereignty.

Don't understand why you think that is the case. The younger bush lost both elections ( electoral college and popular vote) and yet the world got stuck with another eight years of a rampant expansionist US foreign policy.

A majority of the people of the states are opposed to the current state of affairs.

Half of American voters do not even vote so it's hard to say what they want or if they believe that voting is likely to solve their problems.

The "mainstream media" have abetted this usurpation of the Constitution, the federal "system," and the powers reserved to the states.

This isn't news and not surprising considering the corporate ownership of the media and their designs on the powers the state still sometimes wields against them.

Although not written into the Constitution, the "right to be left alone" from federal intrusions has been found by our Supreme Court to be implied from the Constitution and its amendments.

I seriously doubt that. Perhaps the right to be left alone if your rich, have voting rights ( which few had) and could afford lawyers and a ruling, by bribery, in your favor? Americans put far too much trust in a document created by rich white old men to protect their wealth against the people they stole it from.

Americans tired of the continual federal intrusion into their lives, privacy, and pocket books, and "fed-up" with it all, are organizing symbolic gatherings ("Tea Parties"), reminiscent of such demonstrations as led to the overthrow of British sovereignty in the 1700s.

The federal government in the US only interferes in the lives of Americans where it serves the corporations which seems to largely control internal state and federal policy making mechanisms. As for the tea parties, way back then, it's a bit different now with no foreign 'enemy' being evident. Feel free to hold tea parties but don't expect to be able to blame it all on easy-to-blame foreigners. This is a internal struggle and it's won trough education, not protest rally's.

This has nothing to do with political parties.

Or South Africa.

It has everything to do with political parties which seem to be nothing other than the agents of American and foreign corporations. As for the financial crisis of the world not having anything to do with South-Africa i ask that you reconsider that hopelessly ignorant view. When Americans fail to defend their rights and reign in their corrupt imperialist government we ALL suffer for it. Perhaps one day Americans can be made to understand that while they may be fighting for a few dollars extra pay per hour the resulting pressure and reform in the Federal government actually prevents starvation and economic devastation elsewhere. But then Americans do seem to think the world to be no larger than North-America, or that the sun revolves around North America, so perhaps this is asking far, far too much.

Are you taking a position on Americans' deciding to demonstrate against status quo (or worse) and their gov't's move to the left, or are you just posting to be critical of capitalism/conservatism?

How is the American national security state moving to 'the left'? How have you managed to associate rampant corporate greed and government complicity with a 'move to the left'? Sure i want Americans to fix their country but i just don't happen to think that holding protest, while people remain so ignorant/misdirected of what they are trying to do, is at this stage going to change much. This is a information war ( or as Alex Jones would say, " a war for your mind" ) and Americans citizens , and those of the world, are taking four steps back for every one forward thanks to the misdirections of the corporate media and massive numbers of 'demonstrations' held for petty or divisive issues. While there are as many 'republican' protesters protesting the protesting of 'democrats' civil war and social unrest ( which would suit the central government just fine) is a far more likely outcome than more liberty or anything related to a better standard of living.

The majority of Americans favor a diminished role for federal government.(see above)

I don't think that's true ( if you show me your studies and polls i will show you mine) but if it was that would make the corporations exceedingly happy.

The thread addresses Americans' desire for a greater voice protesting their gov't's dramatic move to the left.

State your position.

There is no move to the left and Americans are far too confused and misdirected ( as are citizens of most of the world) to be united enough in any protest hence their general failure to advance social issues and better their economic conditions.

I am for all those things but since you, like most people, would rather protest or watch from the sidelines than become informed in a unifying manner ( there are things EVERYONE wants but that's where propaganda is focused to divide us) the struggle will progress by bloodily and inch by inch as has been the historic norm for thousands of years.

Stellar

[edit on 21-3-2009 by StellarX]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, to be honest about this whole thing (the government and our "elected officials") ....

"We The People" don't really elect the President of the united States, the "Electoral College" does.

Presidential electors are selected on a state-by-state basis, as determined by the laws of each state. Each state currently uses its statewide popular vote on Election Day to appoint electors. Although ballots list the names of the presidential candidates, voters within the 50 states and Washington, D.C. actually choose electors for their state when they vote for President and Vice President. These presidential electors in turn cast electoral votes for those two offices. Even though the aggregate national popular vote is calculated by state officials and media organizations, the national popular vote is not the basis for electing a President or Vice President.

Link to wiki ... en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

The MSM only shows us who the voters have voted for in order to give us the illusion that we contributed. In addition, they (the parties in control) only "allow" us to vote for the parties "they" want us to vote for. Those are the only names that will show on the ballot.

The only "voice" the people have, as far as government is concerned, is through the Senate. As we are all very well aware, the overwhelming majority of our Senators could really care less what "We The People" have to say, the President even less. They are all in the pockets of the Corporations who "support" them then expect something in return.

The only way that "We The People" can once again gain the "ear" of the Senate is to show them that we mean what we say. If this means standing in the street with hundreds or thousands of other citizens then so be it.

Sitting at home sending e-mails, letters, tea-bags, etc. is not going to accomplish a thing. We have to show them, in no uncertain terms, that we DEMAND to be heard and listened to. If the Senate had listened to us in the first place none of these bailouts would have happened. But no, they listened to the Bank lobbyist and the Insurance Lobbyist and the other "pro-bailout" people instead and this is where it's gotten us.

There are still way too many people out there who actually still believe that these bailouts are going to work. That by infusing (fiat) money into the economy (which isn't really what happened) it will somehow miraculously cause people to start buying again and employ hundreds of thousands who have already lost their jobs. There are way too many who have already and continue to "drink the kool-aid".

I have serious doubts about if these "Tea Parties" are going to work. However, we've reached a point in time where maybe something like this will at least get things moving in the right direction again. It all depends on the message that is getting out there. If the right message isn't being spread amongst these protesters then it will be nothing but a bunch of whiners wallowing in self-pity and will accomplish not a thing.

Just my $0.02 worth (and yes I've paid my tax on that $0.02!)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Its good to see the masses waking up finally.

Support your rights and freedoms by being there.

I will be making a trip back home in Portland just for this event.

I'm proud of all you true Americans fighting for whats right!

This would be happening even if Obama wasnt pres.

This isnt about Obama at all nor is it about his skin pigment (I've seen others use that as an excuse). This isnt even about Democrat or Republican. Both are =y corrupt. This is about us being tired of being bullied around and stepped on. We're all tired of the BS and lies! We all want truth and we all want our rights and freedoms! This can only happen if we all fight together and do something about it. Lets get our country back!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Interesting...
Just curious but where were those "patriots" when bush was shredding our Constitution and invading iraq using false intelligence???

Out having their own version of "tea parties" in the form of anti-war protests, etc. Your slack arse liberal news media outlets covered them like white on rice and as "patriots"! Their lack of coverage of these current tea parties simply illustrates a fact that has already long been established on these boards and elsewhere: Liberals, progressives, and Democrats, especially those who supported Obama, are sheepish hypocrites.

I think these "patriots" are really just opportunist, neo-cons who have absolutely no interest in protecting our country.

Considering that some among those individuals are liberals and Democrats, these current tea parties are not merely "opportunist" and/or "neo-con" events.

Apparently, it is also well established that 'our' version of protecting the country does not include running up a national debt far worse than the Bush adminstration left. I would imagine that if one continues to believe that throwing TRILLIONS at a hole in the dam will fix it, that is a given DUH!, is it not, being we all know that through sheer mathematical probability calculations that eventually a half trillion or a trillion will evenually hit that hole in the dam.

At any rate, you can call those participating in these tea party protests all you wish, but consider this:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Bring it....

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
The people who make this a partisan issue are doing more harm than they could possibly understand.

You're so wrong I can't even stand it.

One party fights for the People.

The other fights for the Rich.

It's a FACT.

Deal with it.

Winner! This is definately, hands down the most ignorant post on ATS I've seen yet.

Democrats fight for one thing - bigger, expanded government. That's a verifiable and historical fact that I can prove anytime, anyday.

Republicans fight for big business and smaller government - also a verifiable and historical fact.

But NEITHER party fights for the people. There is no such party. The people fight for the people because the men and women they vote to power to represent the people become corrupt. What's the old saying - power corrupts; absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

We'd have $1.7 Trillion dollars to give directly to homeowners and buyers.

The bailouts and stimulus programs have saved ZERO homes from foreclosure.

Bailout money went strictly to financial institutions to improve their balance sheets.

Stimulus money goes to state and federal programs, none of which has refinanced a single home.

The largest "rescue" gov't. program for mortgage assistance had fewer than 1,000 applicants and has only been given to a few hundred of those.

Any other salvage programs were run privately by lenders and servicers.

jw

Exactly JW, and did you realize that if every dollar that was given to the banks was instead given to the people of the USA, every single home mortgage could have been paid off in full? Now which of the two scenarios would be healthier for the American economy and the great hard working people who really are the heart of it... the people who make America tick?

I find it simply mind boggling how greedy the black bastards are. Pay off every mortgage in America, or line our own greedy pockets? Hhhmmm! And of course, given the choice, they took the selfish evil route caring not one iota for the people of America.

It's time to buy a lot of rope and find some good sturdy trees.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So what did those tea parties accomplish eh?

Did the government listen?

Did they decide to overhaul the government in response?

My opinion.....no

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join