It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Could Realign Climate Change Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Scientists Claim Earth Is Undergoing Natural Climate Shift

Bitter cold and record snowfalls are causing people to ask if the global climate is truly changing.

The climate is known to be variable and, in recent years, more scientific thought and research has been focused on the global temperature and how humanity might be influencing it.

However, a new study by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee could turn the climate change world upside down.

www.wisn.com...

Scientists at the university used a math application known as synchronized chaos and applied it to climate data taken over the past 100 years.

They think the current trend of steady or even cooling earth temps may last a couple of decades or until the next climate shift occurs.

Their findings indicate that a warming trend ended about 2001 and that a cooling trend has developed under this new method of analysis.

They are as yet unable to discern the human effect, if any exists, and state that because of such inherent variability, it is almost beyond scientific reach to do so.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Now they start considering other possibilities, probably because they couldn't sell global warming that well anymore.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Great post op!!! I have never believed that man could actually change the global climate to the extent in which they have been claiming. Leave it to humans to be so egotistical about the earth's delicate climate. I know pollution is bad for the air we breath and the water we drink, but to change the entire global climate? hogwash!!! I saw a post the other day that had a story about us not being part of the milky way, but the Sagittarius galaxy which is being swallowed up by the milky way which was causing temperature changes throughout the galaxy. I believe this is possible. Scientists have discovered that a mass extinction happens about every 65 million years also. We're do!! Why would people think that the climate and the earth would stay just as is, just for us? How preposterous!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What cooling? Half the land area of the USA had an above average winter, and as for India and parts of Asia .....

Mind, if yoiu burn a rainforest the size of the USA and expect nothing bad to happen, you deserve all you get!

new topics

top topics

join