It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Funded Iraqi TV Employees: Shot by U.S. Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In Iraq, two employees of Al-Iraqiya T.V., the U.S. funded television station were killed and a third was wounded when U.S. Troops opened fire on them while trying to do their jobs. A reporter, Asaad Kadhim and his driver Hussein Saleh died either at the scene or en route to a hospital in the city of Samara. The cameraman Bassem Kamel was wounded.

Two Employees of U.S.-Funded Iraqi Television Shot Dead by U.S. Troops, Station Says
The station, which is funded by the Pentagon, interrupted its broadcasts to announce the deaths and showed photos of Kadhim. It then began airing only Koranic texts as a symbol of mourning.

The U.S. military had no immediate comment.

Thamir Ibrahim, an Al-Iraqiya editor, told The Associated Press he had no details on how the shooting occurred. But "it was on the road leading to the city of Samara. Before they reached it, they were fired upon."

A month ago, two correspondents of Al-Arabiya, a Dubai based news organization were shot by U.S. troops at a military checkpoint.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
two sides to every story, I need more info before making a definite opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
when i hear it, i will post it.. No details are being given and I can't find it anywhere else except on AP.

new topics

join