It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions of Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know a great deal about the masons, and a great majority of it I shouldn't. I've got certain small black book published by them with a wealth of explainations of symbolism and depicting certain rituals. If a mason of a higher degree reads this maybe they'll know the book I'm refering to. In a certain aspect it's almost like a bible. I have no intention of revealing the information, only sharing this information to validate my minor knowledge of the group so you, the reader with have a slight understanding of where I stand in my understanding of the group.

The question I pose is directed at the masons, of how much value is the book?

And I have to say it's amazing how much information there is on the masons over the internet but after reading thru this book it's overwhelmingly amazing how much has indeed been kept secret.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Obviously if it posses an abundant amount of unsurfaced knowledge it should be held in high figurative value. As for physical money value I assume its death considering your not allowed to unveil certain things past a certain degree as far as I am concerned. However Im not a mason so I do not know

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Aye I would never go public with this information, for fear of what would happen to me, and I will more then likely be initiated into the masons soon. I'm just curious of the value to the actual masons of the book and fishing for a possible response of recognition of this book from the masons. It may be fairly outdated however, published in 78'.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Google the sucker. I'd be rather surprised that it isn't available in its entirety on the Internet. The secrets contained therein are more of a test of a person's morality and the worth of his word.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm not a Mason, so I apologize for cluttering up your thread. But I do find it interesting that you have this book. Any chance you'd tell us how you got it? And I would assume the book's history goes way back and has changed little over time. Thus, it's probably not outdated.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'd like apic of this book.
Having been on ATS for awhile, I don't believe post that say "I have something special!" Until I see some evidence it actually exists.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey Fitzy, should we go out and collect this guy or just let him go? We should be carefull after what happend last time. Those messes get harder and harder to clean up.

Dude, if the book you have is called Duncans Ritual then it is exactly what you think it is. All the stuff that is "Secret" and can't be told to you by a mason. Great read isn't it. Unfortunately since I have admited your thoughts were correct, I must be trying to misdirect you as all good masons would. Lots of people have that book. To my knowlege none have died from reading it. (unless you call being bored to death) You see, unless you were a mason and understood why things are written as they are, it would seem quite silly and boring. If any rouge mason comes up to your door wanting to kill and eat you for posessing this knowlege, tell them to call me and I will tell them its ok.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Adverb

If it's in a book, it's public information and is not secret. It's probably a monitorial work like an Ahiman Rezon or other Freemason's Monitor.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Let 'im twist, ND. Last time I was involved in one of those, there was an unholy great row when they fished 'im out of the Niagara.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

your the boss.

just keep those cats togeather. Nobody likes loose pu... nevermind.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Hello...obviously you are not even within the realm of theory, so that being said, your question has no relevance to myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Anything in your little black book is already available online in the public domain, so essentially it is valueless.

I suppose if you are an attention-whore it might get you some high-fives from the anti-masons.

No book contains the real secrets of Freemasonry, and things in a book ain't gonna get you into a lodge meeting if that's what you are implying.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Ah, the cryptic one has arrived, Yoda jr. I have been looking for you at club 54. I have yet to see you. (wink)

Those with knowlege not, have problems plenty.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
To spread Masonic Light throughout the world, you have to be
a chosen worthy and only then, enlightenment could fulfill all
spiritual needs.

NO books you would read will give you the Light, living it, is the only way.
we can only show you the way, "To be one, ask one"

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"The secrets of Masonry could be shouted from every rooftop and they would remain safe"

Manly P. Hall

The secrets of Masonry are what it does to the individual being initiated. All you have is words, words, words. The symbolism in Masonry is so complex that many of them have double, nay triple meanings.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by tristar

Ah, the cryptic one has arrived, Yoda jr. I have been looking for you at club 54. I have yet to see you. (wink)

Those with knowlege not, have problems plenty.

I have as many faces as the amount of members here, so you only need to ask what you would like and you will be greeted.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you really want to find who you are and where, to find the Light,
, you'll have to walk all the way to the Light. Brothers can only guide you,
you'll have to work, to deserve it...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adverb

Of course, that would depend entirely on which book it is, now wouldn't it?

I suspect it's a copy of King Solomon and His Followers: A Valuable Aid to the Memory. Correct me if I'm wrong...

[edit on 3/16/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Adverb

It is difficult to tell which book you are referring to. Your assumption that Masons would "know" is wrong.

A few things that I should point out...

- The book in craft (blue) Masonry is blue, not black. You therefore need to be more clear as to the title of the book.

- All Masonic books (rituals) are available to the public, but have their secrets represented by dotted lines or abbreviations. If it does give the full secrets, it is not an original masonic document.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Never read the book. Though most of the Masonic books I have read have all been different, had different "secrets" different histories, different views, opinions, "facts" and rituals.

If you have studied enough of Masonry you should be able to tell the possible from the plausible and thus come to your own conclusion. Being a Mason obviously helps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join