It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Lucid Dreaming/OBE Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Last night I had a spectacular night of lucid dreaming. I can usually have a lucid dream at least 2X a week, but I've had problems letting go and doing exactly what I want. I am fully aware that I am dreaming , but not willing to take the chance of doing something totally unconventional.

That all changed last night. To try a make a long story-and a really great dream- a little shorter I ended up standing on a high floor balcony of a high rise building in a "canyon" of high rise buildings. What I wanted to do was jump off and fly, but I couldn't manage to just do it. Then, I saw a guy on the balcony with a bowling ball for a head and I said-totally a dream so I dove off! It worked like a champ and I just flew around for a while and did some other things.
Here is where the issue begins. I flew higher and higher until I saw a line of other people moving by and I tried to talk to one of them and he says" leave me alone demon, I know how you work." Other said the same thing.
When I was recording this am, I wondered, Is there a conection between lucid dreaming and OBE's. Did I meet people who were astral projecting? Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, There is some terminology I don't understand on this site. One being Astral Projection. What does that mean!?!??

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Another being "IMO"

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Astral projection is the same thing as an OBE.

And IMO, is In My Opinion, I believe.

Sargon,

Interesting question and I wish I had a set in stone answer for you, but as with most things to do with mysteries of the mind, all we can do is speculate.

We can start with what we DO know for sure and that is that astral projection and lucid dreaming do indeed exist, these aren't speculation or theory. They are definitely real, because so many have had them and these experiences have been well documented.

But your question of whether you met people who were astral projecting...my opinion ? I really don't think so. I think APing and lucid dreaming are two totally different things. Whereas Astral projection is in "real time" that is, your soul is temporarily out of your body in the here and now, and 'dreaming' has absolutely nothing to do with AP. But lucid dreaming is merely dreaming, only of a higher more controlled sort.

There are some great books on both topics. I recommend finding your nearest new age shop and buying a couple.

Good luck in your explorations.

new topics

top topics

join