It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Treasury Chief to Block A.I.G. Bonuses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think surprising how many of you really think Obama is actually going to do something about this, or that he is actually concerned about the matter.

This is just a PR stunt, because he knows he can blame the contractual agreements as to why he can't stop them. Even when he had no intention to stop them to begin with.

If he sat around and said nothing, then more people would be even more pissed and his dropping approval ratings would drop even faster. Remember he is eligible for re-election, so he can't pull what Bush did and not even care what we think all the time.

Deny Ignorance, remember?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
okay, what happened here?

Obama was going to stop the bonuses, but not anymore?

Now they are saying employees will only return half of the bonuses?

So......what happened?
What happened to the blocking of the bonuses?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
So......what happened?
What happened to the blocking of the bonuses?

What's he supposed to do, void legally binding contracts? Obama knew from the beginning that there was nothing he could do about this even if he wanted to. Hence my earlier remark about how his comments were just ass-covering rhetoric.

I'm surprised nobody's talking about Chris Dodd's big lie yesterday, revealing tonight that it was people within the Obama administration that persuaded him to put that loophole language in there. Kind of a big deal no??

www.google.com...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by flybynight]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join