It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Crunch a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have been following the recent global recession with absolute wide-eyed disbelief, and the more I look into the economic reasonings and government justifications for how this happened, the more I feel that it is a hoax, orchestrated by governments and banks to retain power over us, the consumer.
It seems that the people who remain unharmed are the masssive corporations and rich businessmen who are buying up all the shares as they lose value. I read this amazing article by this man called Dr. Bracke who is doing research into why the credit crunch happened, and his scepticism as to the given nature of the recession is addictively persuasive.

What does everyone else think?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think all of us here on ATS know this to be fact. This has been discussed on every angle you could thing of.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It was all a gigantic swindle from the FED, everybody knows that. The control of money is the key. Follow the money and you find truths.....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mleadman

Also, you mentioned a word that kind of has incredible importance in this issue..., "consumers".

We have been trained and conditioned to a consumer mindset, it makes us the sheep we are. We can't imagine NOT struggling to own things we don't actually need. So much so that we will spend money we don't yet have to get them, and then pay more than the item is worth for the privilege.

See the film Manufacturing Consent .... it's a good place to start. It's on Google Video, but I'm pressed for time, so I'll post the link here later....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz
It was all a gigantic swindle from the FED, everybody knows that

Not the FED, the guys behind the FED..

Who also happen to be the main investors in most of the other large western central banks.

What does everyone else think?

Not a hoax.. also not completely planned.

It was pushed higher and over the edge by the largest investors and their political/corporate counterparts in the past few years in order to basically 'Short sell' the Global economy and buy it penny on the pound.

And its worked.. it was a good idea... but its #ed up the lives of millions around the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Not the FED, the guys behind the FED..

Who also happen to be the main investors in most of the other large western central banks.

The FED is BANKERS in my head, so yes guys behind the FED. It was these bankers who forced the subprimes onto the others involved. They knew exactly what they were doing and exactly the outcome. The goal was to swindle money out of "the people" from the US to European Elites...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mleadman

No argument here!

Just look up all the banking issues in history and the warnings that leaked out, even in the congressional record about how dangerous the int'l bankers were.

The int'l bankers caused the 29 crash and more and are guiding the herd into the one world gov't that some still think is a joke.

Our freedoms are waning along with our money as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It seems that the people who remain unharmed are the masssive corporations and rich businessmen who are buying up all the shares as they lose value

The other people who aren't affected are the ones who didn't buy into the whole buy buy buy mantra that's been shoved down our throats for years.

We base our self worth on our houses and cars and how much stuff we can buy on credit.

Today at lunch I had to hear all about my co-workers woes, she bought a house she could't afford, she's got a car she can't afford to insure, her credit card bills from Christmas have come due.....blah blah blah.

The credit crunch was created by our society which has been preaching that being consumers is what makes us worthy human beings.

It's our fault for buying into that lie.

I have no mortgage, no car payments and don't own a single credit card. My life is fulfilling and I am happy. If I lose my job tomorrow it will mean that the cash I've been saving to go on holiday will go towards the rent and groceries. My life won't be ruined and "my" house won't be repossessed.

According to society I am a loser. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We humans really need big shocks to understand lessons of history, since most of us live according to the "past". We do not need money to live. All we need is "intelligence" (not intellect here) to organize a society of individuals who all have different creative vibrations.

But to change our ways, we need shocks for it is unconsciousness that drives most of us here on this planet. Shocks bring consciousness to some people, and the more shocks we get, the more conscious people become.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
link to article

Burdened with increasingly onerous restrictions, some banks want to return federal bailout money.

Banks hoping to return bailout funds include Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, TCF Financial Corp., Northern Trust, and Signature Bank of New York.

That’s because the federal funds limit dividends, executive pay, employee conferences, and jobs for foreigners. Plus, Congress can add new restrictions to funds already doled out whenever it wants.

Probably the most dangerous requirement involves delaying foreclosures and modifying mortgages, banks say. Bank losses may grow when homeowners eventually default anyway despite rescue attempts.

This would seem to confirm that the crisis wasn't such a crisis or perhaps they are trying to bring the ultimate collapse.

new topics

top topics

join