It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS - 80 Undeniable Proof That They Know More

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Objects entering the atmosphere usually vaporize within a few seconds at the most. Ever seen a meteor?

Shuttle waste management at your service:
Water dump

As you can see the stuff gets spewed at a variety of speeds and directions. Some goes jetting away and some just floats around.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that.

Yes I have seen meteors that's why I wasn't sure if objects hitting the atmosphere could explain it.

The waste dump in the video released a cloud of particles whereas the video in the OP only shows a few objects. However, I suppose these may have been particles that were floating around the shuttle.

This would suppose the objects were actually very small and fairly close to the shuttle.

I just checked out CCD blooming as well, I wasn't aware of this. It explains the sudden brightness of the object rather well.

I'm satisfied that this explanation meets my four criteria. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There is an easy way to solve this. What is the camera being used? Does the camera record in normal light, infrared, or just into the UV range? The seminar put forth by David Sereda explains that these vehicles would be invisible to the naked eye or anything that does not see in the lower UV. That some of NASA's camera's are able to pick up. The only strange thing when viewing the seminar by David was that there were so many of them and their movement gave me a 'biological' feeling to them... (durring the tether project). This one is very very interesting due to the fact that they do form a semi circle (or complete) and then react almost like communication? (who knows lol). Oh, and the tether showing the objects both infront and behind really puts a dampening on 'ice particles'. Well this is just my opinion

[edit on 16-3-2009 by constantine70]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by constantine70]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, after spending all afternoon and evening watching both the part 1 and part 2 of the entire series I can say ats will always put me on to some fascinating information.

I have been at this screen for hours watching and absorbing all of the technical information presented so I skipped most of the posts. To those who are claiming this is all bunk.....take the time out and watch the entire series, both part 1 and 2 and you may find the answers to many of the questions you posed.

I for one find his theories on light and mass fascinating as best as I can understand them as someone with an interest in science but not much formal training. It is well worth the time and the effort to follow the science he presents. Thank you very much for this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by constantine70

The video appears to be from one of the standard cargo bay cameras which are low light cameras but are not filtered to UV or IR. They are visible light cameras normally used to observe the cargo bay.

They are also used in the ongoing project which observes lighting in atmosphere. Which is why this camera is observing the horizon. There is no information about any other cameras being onboard STS-80.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Another craptacular video of nothing. The astronauts didn't think nothing of it..other wise they would have moved the cam...it is obviously some known phenomenon that NASA and its astronauts didn't think mattered. We may not know what it is...I am sure they do. If they were trying to hide something from the public....keeping the cam on it doesn't help thier cause...
. Also what is this "UNDENIABLE PROOF" of anyways? That we don't know what it is?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why all the fighting here?
Debate, yes, but this is like a "im the biggest kid on the block" fight.

You all have to admit, that is NOT space debri , they are TOO round to be chunks of trash! The space junk wouldnt be ROUND objects, unless the satellites were made of lots of bubbles put together.

Why can't it be UFO's? Does it hurt to admit that?

It sure aint your momma's station wagon! So why dont all you dubunkers PROOVE that it's NOT something from this world!

You cant, the believer's cant, it's unidentified, and will remain so.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Why all the fighting here?

Why can't it be UFO's? Does it hurt to admit that?

So why dont all you dubunkers PROOVE that it's NOT something from this world!

You cant, the believer's cant, it's unidentified, and will remain so.

I have tried to get that point across numerous times. Even the first hand witnesses, the astronauts, at one time or another have stated "bogey" or "UFO", and I believe one even said "alien spacecraft" over the official NASA comms channels.

What I think it is, is for some its much easier to accept the "mudane and common" than it is to try to absorb and fully understand the "unusual and unknown", simply because for the latter, there is no easy explanation, there is no quick answer. It falls outside of the paradyme, the status quo, the comfy zone. Therefore to those, it must be simple, mudane and explainable.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
In these times of HD and Blu Ray technology do NASA continue to use such substandard camera's? It's like they bolted on a logitech webcam. Maybe they don't want us to see clearly what is going on out there.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505
In these times of HD and Blu Ray technology do NASA continue to use such substandard camera's? It's like they bolted on a logitech webcam. Maybe they don't want us to see clearly what is going on out there.

This question has been thrown at NASA numerous times.

Would you like to know their answer to that?

They say..."Because it is not scientific".

In other words, getting pretty and clear pictures is not their goal.

Hmm....kind of strange to not want to get the cleanest, sharpest, finest resolution possible to at least get a visible idea of whats going on.

But there are those that believe they DO have those nice HD very high resolution, and very sharp images, all stashed away in their "goodies" drawer.

Up front, they just give us the "mudane and common" blurry fuzzy washed out versions.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I think you are correct, sir (hopefully you are a sir, smiles
But life can't be that simple to some, and accepting things goes against the grain.
To all in life, a little rain must fall? I don't know..i prefer sunny days

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I think you are correct, sir (hopefully you are a sir, smiles

Yes..you can verify that by looking up my profile at the ATS media portal..same screen name.

But life can't be that simple to some, and accepting things goes against the grain.

I think this is where the Brookings report might have some merit to it. In that report, written way back in the late 50's by a government "think tank", it states that the impact on civilization would be devistating if knoweldge of other highly advanced life were known.

Well in my opinion, that was very true back in those days. But in these times of modernization, computers, gadgets and so forth, civilization is far more sophisticated and accepting to the new and unusual than it was 60 years ago.

However for some, they are still stuck in that small world of narrow vision and open minded.

The only harm that knowing of aliens and UFO's would bring to their world is the harm they allow to happen. No one but themselves can control that aspect of disclosure. To the rest, who are ready, who have been ready, life will continue as it has been with or without disclosure. They have the mental capacity to not allow disclosure to come crashing down on their world, because they understand it is already a part of reality, a part of their world.

To all in life, a little rain must fall? I don't know..i prefer sunny days

I like sunny days too...until it gets too hot and then we need some rain to cool things down a bit.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Very good, you are a wise man, maybe I could say a sage, grins. I would vote for you to be a leader in my group of poor rag tag followers someday..
Hopefully, it wont ever come to that, but us humans are a funny lot, we tend to tear each other apart like pit bulls, and in the next breath will share a beer..sighs.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Very good, you are a wise man, maybe I could say a sage, grins. I would vote for you to be a leader in my group of poor rag tag followers someday..

A very good choice I must say.

Hopefully, it wont ever come to that, but us humans are a funny lot, we tend to tear each other apart like pit bulls, and in the next breath will share a beer..sighs.

It is a trait from our primative times. There is that trace of fierce competition in us, competition in the manner of, as you put it..tearing each other apart like pit bulls. It would be nice with all this research on DNA and gene therapy, to spot that particular trait and somehow make it dormant or neutralize it.

Maybe it can be..but what kind of effect would that have on each of our personalities? Would it remove our strength that gives us the power to be strong in a crisis situation? Would it turn us into whimpy whining creatures that curl up in the corner over every little noise or sight of a feather falling from a bird sitting in a tree?

Would it help with the disclosure issue, or make disclosure that much more of a negative effect on us?

I think it all boils down to it being not a trait passed on from our ancestrial times, it has everything to do with the mental ability to know what is right, what is wrong, and how to process information correctly and adapt that new information into what we already know, and know what to do with it.

Think of it this way...lets take a typical tool for instance..a hammer.

There is a right way and a wrong way in the use of that hammer.

I can build houses, furniture, fix things with the hammer.

Or, I can bop people on the head with it and kill them with the hammer.

The tool...or knowledge of aliens/UFO's, has two possible end results. And it is not the tool, or alien/UFO's in this case, that is what decides the end result...it is us..the human factor that makes the final choice.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You guys do know that this video is old. Really old, and done to death. Its older than Ed Mitchell.
You do know that they don't just pass it of as "ice".
I love the topic, but some posts here are boadering on the desperate and the ridiculous. Is this really all you have!

When sunrise occurs (due to the Orbiter's motion along its
orbit), even though the Orbiter is now bathed in sunlight, the
camera is still trained on the dark side of Earth. But now the
floating particles which routinely accompany every shuttle
flight (often ice particles, sometimes junk from the payload
bay, pieces of insulation blankets, a dozen or more distinctly
different sources) can become visible in the sunlight, sometimes
even moving into sunlight from the umbra of the Orbiter (and
thus "appearing suddenly"). These are close to the camera,
sometimes a few feet, at most a few hundred feet. Sometimes they
are hit by pulses of gas from the RCS jets as they automatically
fire to gently nudge the spaceship back towards a pre-set
orientation. Because of the sensitivity of the camera, moving
particles leave streaks -- even stars can be seen to do this
when the camera is being panned (usually by command from a
controller in the Mission Control Center). Tumbling particles
tend to flash. Bright particles overload the optics and appear
as "rings" or "do-nuts" with darker centers.

There's nothing else to it, as far as I can tell. Everyone in
the control center knows about this visual phenomenon, everyone
has seen it numerous times, and they laugh at notions these are
anomalous, while they grimace at yet more silly stories by
people who don't seem to understand much (or do seem to
misunderstand a lot) about "ordinary" space flight.

www.virtuallystrange.net...
James Oberg.en.wikipedia.org...

I don't expect that this will change many minds and I don't
intend to go on television to face some wild accusations that
I'm a paid liar for the grand conspiracy, and basically I don't
take anyone seriously who takes these stories seriously. Life's
too short for me to care what some people want to believe these
scenes show.
I've already spent too much time, but I figured
somebody had to make a rational response, whether it was
understood and believed, or not.

Just want to save some posters some time, the man knows too well and beats you to the punch.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
What do you think they are, Fran? You have all-but-declared this video cannot be debunked. So, what is your claim?

Sorry for not replying sooner I must have skipped past your question not intentionally I ca nassure you.

Ok, I believe they are intelligently controlled crafts (piloted by beings that are not from this earth, that nasa know and work with) The fact that they form a perfect cirlcle and flash intermittantly should at least provide some substantial proof to what I am saying.

My claim as you put it, is that NASA know about this presence and that they intentionally keep it from the public. For reasons unknown.

My question to the 'debunkers' instead of saying the same old things over and over, if you REALLY think its debris or ice crystals, show us something that backs up your argument ie videos of formations of other ice crystals,meteors or debris.

Look at the previous links of threads that phage posted in his to me to say this had been discussed before look at the little attention it gets

Why is this???????

Wheres Jim?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Of course we know that. How's STS 48 for old? Or STS 8, or 75.

Again, as I have put it to certian members, much of this debate has been hashed out years ago, across other forums and chat rooms.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Just want to save some posters some time, the man knows too well and beats you to the punch.

Hardly. Perhaps you need to refresh up in the STS 114 thread.

He is but one of many, and certianly is not the authority just because he sat behind a console at flight control looking at indicators and knobs.

Review the STS 114 and previous threads over the last two years. Might pick up on some pointers.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Why don't you check out the live feed happening right now from the shuttle and ISS?

www.nasa.gov...

Might spot something.

I am not sure if you are being sincere or incredibly dry. However as I don't judge immediately
I will take it as sincere.

Thanks for the link I must just check out those live feeds, however, I doubt if I will see anything as there is a delay on the broadcast isn't there? like big brother ?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I must just check out those live feeds, however, I doubt if I will see anything as there is a delay on the broadcast isn't there? like big brother ?

Not sure since the cameras will not be looking out into space all of the time. But if you happen to be watching when a camera is looking out into space, and then you see something unusual, and suddenly the camera view changes to the inside of the ISS or changes to the ISS logo, then you know whats up.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join