It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Deal between US and Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
... if theyre living the constitutional way. then its ok.

the only thing i can see wrong sometimes though is people renting out small rooms to other people. ive heard alot about certain illegals living in ''certain'' family houses. its really wierd.

If their first act in coming here is to break the law, do you really expect them to respect the law?

In Southern Calif they collectively buy a house and live 8 families to a house. In some cases they use the bedrooms in shifts.

Since they don't have garbage collection where they come from - they see no problem with dumping their garbage in a corner of their yards.

Oh, and they all have cars too - makes for a great neighborhood.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Well it WAS theirs to begin with and it WAS taken from them in a BS war in order to fulfill the ideal of Manifest Destiny. So, they're just taking it back.

...or try to spend more time assimilating these people into American "culture"

Are you blonde? Or just sleeping in history class?? Why is it I'd bet you're under 25? Texas was lost by Mexico by illegal immigrants with a loyalty to their home flag - As for the rest of the Southwest, it wasn't theirs - ask the Apache. The final portion was purchased for gold from the legal Mexican government.

As for assimilating? Why should they have to? We provide everything from voting to education in Spanish.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I hate to break this to ya Border Guy. How much Texas history do you actually know? Did you know that Texas was it's own Nation?!? Neither Mexico or the United States. It was the Republic of Texas! This is why the Alamo is important. Who was the first president of the Republic of Texas? David G. Burnet

www.nv.cc.va.us...&war/Texas/

www.rra.dst.tx.us...

In fact there are those who desire to succede the U.S. and not 'be a part of Mexico' either.

www.republic-of-texas.net...

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BorderGuy: "Jakomo: Here's the deal - Next weekend I'll take a short trip to the San Pedro and post an invatation complete with a map to Jakomo's home. We'll promise housing, food, and jobs all provided by Jakomo."

Cool, I'll fire up the BBQ. I could use a little bit of good yardword, too... San Pedro, huh? Sounds Spanish, don't it?

Skadi: "Many other nationalities go through ALOT more trouble to legally come to America, work, feed thier families, contribute. SO, why cant all these Mexicans do the same?

Answer: most of em are criminals or neer do wellers."

No, you didn't say illegals, you said Mexicans. Anyway, if you believe that the majority of illegal Mexican immigrants to the US are criminals, what fact are you basing this on? Opinion? Is there anything to even come close to backing this up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join