It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Maryland - Resolution - For U.S. Congress to Bring Back Gold and Silver Standard For Money!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A Joint House Resolution Bill - Titled "Federal Money and Banking" as Required by U.S. Constitution for the U.S. money to be put back on the "Gold and Silver Standard".

link to Bill over all info: mlis.state.md.us...

link to actual bill (pdf format) : mlis.state.md.us...

HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION 5
File Code: State Government - Agencies, Offices, and Officials
Sponsored By:
Delegates Impallaria, Boteler, Dwyer, George, Jennings, McComas, McConkey, McDonough, Minnick, Serafini, Shewell, Stocksdale, Stull, and Walkup
Entitled:
Federal Money and Banking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synopsis:
Urging the United States Congress to restore honest money backed by silver and gold in accordance with the requirements of the United States Constitution, phase out Federal Reserve notes, and return to the free market banking practices that the Founding Fathers codified in the United States Constitution.

Sponsored by:
Delegate Rick Impallaria, District 7
Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
Delegate Don H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
Delegate Ron George, District 30
Delegate J. B. Jennings, District 7
Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
Delegate Tony McConkey, District 33A
Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
Delegate Joseph J. Minnick, District 6
Delegate Andrew A. Serafini, District 2A
Delegate Tanya T. Shewell, District 5A
Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
Delegate Paul S. Stull, District 4A
Delegate Mary Roe Walkup, District 36

I know I read last Nov., with the amount of money out at that time (which has increased dramatically since then) and all the reserves of the dollar in the world, an economist, figured out.......... what the gold per ounce price would be "if we were on a gold standard"................ remember this is BEFORE about a double of bills out there......................

Want to know the value?.......................

Try $14,500 PER OUNCE!!

I think it is Great that Maryland is doing this................... but will it go anywhere? NO.................... I know that also, there is NO WAY............ we can ever go back on the standard, it is too late and the price of gold would be too high, besides that, it is actually doubtful the U.S. even has much gold left in their coffers.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looking at a few of the sponsors, no, the bill will not go anywhere. MD is a primarily democratic state and this bill is supported by some of the best known conservative republicans in the state legislature.

I find it interesting that the bill was proposed, but, unfortunately, I don't think its going anywhere.

new topics

join