It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldier shot American activist in face with tear gas can

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Post delete by poster.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Its unfortunate that someone got hurt, but you're right. He put himself into a volatile situation and sometimes, that turns out for the worse. Its a risk a person takes when venturing into a region known for such clashes.

Wow...

The two israeli police officers killed today were in the land of palestine, a volatile situation that turned out for the worse.

They knew they were putting themselves in danger so I guess it's ok they died too right?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Stick with the topic..... We are not discussing a direct targeting by a sniper cell operating against "potential" rocket launch sites or counter sniper operations.

We are talking about one protester allegedly being shot in the face with a tear gas canister. Not a likely scenario. The acuracy of a grenade laucher is not that good. They are designed more like an indirect fire weapon not like a sighted weapon such as a rifle.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
zzZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ

watch the video and make up your own mind ,

this kind of behaviur is what will bring em down in the end ,

you can see that they have no intention in following propper conduct, even after the medics are on the spot they still fire gas canisters wich if i recall correctly is a violation in any soldiers training.

as for granade launchers not being accurate , thats total bs.
a lousy shot can always blame the equipment.

keep in mind that IDF targets schools, hospitals,u.n workers and redcross workers so this is no suprice.

but i guess the west world is trained to be blind and turn the cheek.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Scum bag Israeli's...

I'm just glad it was an American who got shot this time.... Maybe the Yanks will stop bowing to their Israeli masters and have the balls to realise that the world was right about Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Tear gas is used as a crowd control measure. The people firing the shots are obviously there to 'protect the peace' and not to kill people.

That said, if it had of hit a non-US person, would you have heard it? I think not, especially in a news-paper. Unless they had a scope, incredibly good accuracy skills I am quite certain it wasn't intentional compared to whether it reached the targets.

I know this may of been a peaceful demonstration etc, however certain governments and powers have varying degrees of harm prevention tactics, especially in places where fighting is common.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i do belive to camera"guy" is from scandinavia, you can clearly hear them say in the background that he´s been hit in the head in danish , norwegian or swedish, so yes if it was someone else then a us citizent it would have made news over here but un/fortunatly it was not so it did not make news.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Actualy if you pay attention , Israel MAKE more weapons than they buy by a long chalk, and thier weapons systems are more clever and deadly . They have an anti missile system for defending tanks and trucks which can punch a missile or rpg, right out of the air mid flight... freakeh !

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

you are refering to the israeli trophy system , well its a copy of Soviet Drozd/russian ARENA system meant to defend against RPG/missiles

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Wow...

The two israeli police officers killed today were in the land of palestine, a volatile situation that turned out for the worse.

They knew they were putting themselves in danger so I guess it's ok they died too right?

The Israelis and the Palestinians live there. They don't have much choice in the matter. An American who is sticking his nose into that situation? He was there by choice. He knew there was considerable risk involved in hanging around rabble-rousers in that area of the world (or should have) and on that day, his luck ran out.

I honestly do feel sorry for the guy, but his injuries were 100% preventable if he'd never put himself in that situation in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Actuall, to all intents and purposes Israel is pretty much a western nation.

They buy most of their goods and services from the west as well as their weapons systems.

Their system of government is western in nature, and they are very heavily influenced by western media and culture in the form of music, TV, sports etc etc

Also, you seem to be forgetting that the protester was from the US - as are many others who regularly protest in the region.

[edit on 16/3/2009 by budski]

This is correct.

This is exactly why Israel needs to respond the way that they do. I would expect any western nation to respond in this manner if rockets started coming over their boarders. Israel is a controlled society and Palestine is not.

Let me ask you this. How long would it take the American people to be demanding the US government to take action if rockets started flying over the US/Mexico boarder from the Cartels? My point being is that civilized nations depend on their government to protect them from this kind of attack. How many of you would sit there quietly while the US government allowed rockets to land in your back yard?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some interesting points brought up here in this thread.

1. Why was an American Citizen over in Israel protesting Israeli politics?

A. Not very dissimiliar to why is they Jewish/Israeli Lobby to Capitol Hill the largest lobbying group in the United States. It sounds to me like the Israelis do a whole lot of protesting here and are granted safe and secure access to the most influential people to do it.

2. Why was Israel trying to take yet more Palestinian Lands to cause Palestinians to protest?

A. Because they see no reason not to take by force of arms and numbers what they want for themselves regardless of who it might hurt or who might get caught up into it.

3. I would rather visit Israel than any other nation in the region because I know it is safe there.

A. Then how come they keep crying how unsafe it is and keep launching collective punishments to incite Palestinian violence and then carrying out large scale operartions that kill a dispraportianate number of innocent civillians and children which would only serve to increase the determination of the population to actively seek political statements in the form of terrorist attacks to spotlight their plight to a blind and indifferent international communicty whose halls of power are clogged and bogged down like the United States with Israeli Protesters/Lobbyists?

4. Israel is free you can be gay or liberal there without being persecuted.

A. Evidently though you can't be a Palestinian with any objection to the thefts of your land or being denied economic opportunity and a right to self determination without being persecuted.

5. Israel is the only country that employs the most modern technology and science in the region. They should be favored.

A. They were favored a good bit of it is bought with the money their protesters/lobbyists manage to extort from Western Nations. This in and of itself hardly seems a distinction though to ignore International Law and human morality and applying it to all.

Israel is a dangerous and mennacing place for one simple reason. No one in Israel wants to be held accountable for the nation's action, and no one who is Jewish anywhere in the world favors making Israel be accountable for it's actions, or even anyone questioning let alone criticizing it's actions.

It would seem to me that Israel has the protest market cornered.

It's like wise is very evident they hold no other nation or it's citizens in any true respecting light or wish to safegaurd those nations and those nation's citizens in the way they expect, demand and protest Israel, it's citizens and it's supporters be safe gaurded.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Let me ask you this. How long would it take the American people to be demanding the US government to take action if rockets started flying over the US/Mexico boarder from the Cartels?

And here you make the fatal mistake. The Palestinian territories are open prisons were normal life is impossible. The reason being Israel, which does everything possible to prevent Palestinians from starting a normal life like you and me. This is an Israeli action. The reaction is suicide attacks, missile attacks and so on. I'm not here to defend these terrorist attacks, but I think there are few people who would let others take their land while sitting idle. Over the years even Hamas changed its ideas radically. After they had been elected, they immediately offered Israel to discuss a two-state solution, which was unanimously rejected by Israel. If you don't want to speak to your enemy, how could you possibly claim that you are innocent and only want peace? Peace without conversation is impossible.

I've been to the region and we've far more objective MSM than you Americans have. It therefore is clear to me how the situation is.

America is unfortunately full of f-bliep-ing ignorant Christian zealots who see it as their duty to join the Israeli cause and therefore take everything Israel says for granted. In other words, they are incapable of judging themselves. In fact, most have never been to the region nor are interested to understand that this story is more nuanced than what the MSM tries to make them believe.

Action: you make life impossible, reaction: you get terrorist attacks.

What do you think of this?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Those dirty Isreali's is there no end to them,we should bomb the place ,they have no respect for anyone but them selves,I say blow them off the map,the world would be a better place

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Extremism aside , I find it impossible that the UN cannot immediately and without discussion enforce international law in a situation like this. If we all agreed as one that all out offensives are illegal , then we could simply crush all waring factions into the ground permanently. Have thier leaders liquidated as enemies of peace, thier soldiers destroyed as agents of lunacy and hate, and make all war a suicide mission. Obviously when one nations population are a minimum of 20% combatant then sure, wipe em off the map if you have a legitimate defense issue, but where there are maybe a hundred out of a million people causing trouble, theres no reason to take a sledgehammer to a nut and everyone knows this.
I cant understand why the international community cannot instantly crush this sort of crime before its perpetrated.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Lucky shot!

So Mr. Dumas traveled to the West Bank, a conflict zone, clearly ignoring the warnings easily found on the US State Departments "Travel Warnings"....and takes a tear gas canister off the old onion. Too funny.

Our own government says: "The security environment in the West Bank remains volatile. Demonstrations are unpredictable and can occur without warning and become violent. Vehicles have also been the target of rocks, Molotov cocktails, and gunfire on West Bank roads. The Department of State urges Americans to defer travel to the West Bank at this time.

The IDF continues to carry out security operations in the West Bank. Israeli security operations can occur at any time, including raids to arrest terrorist suspects that lead to disturbances and violence. Americans can be caught in the middle of potentially dangerous situations. Some Americans involved in demonstrations and other such activities in the West Bank have become involved in confrontations with Israeli settlers and the IDF. The State Department recommends that Americans, for their own safety, avoid demonstrations.

All those who pass through the West Bank should exercise particular care when approaching and transiting Israeli military checkpoints. Travelers should be aware that they might encounter delays and difficulties, and might even be denied passage through a checkpoint. American citizens should be aware that the ability of consular staff to offer timely assistance to U.S. citizens in the West Bank is limited".

US State Department

No matter what side you support, if you act like a fool and put yourself in danger, despite the rational warnings of your own countrymen, then you shouldn't be surprised when things like this happen.

I know this, if I nailed a dirty hippie foreign protester off the gourd with a tear gas canister at 600 meters, I'd think it was pretty funny.

Of course, the dude can always sue for damages in the Israeli court system. But hey, good luck trying to find a sympathetic judge and jury. Sheesh, people are dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join