It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the 2012 hype the Mayan callendar is causing result in the same way the 2000 Millenium hype did

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I was recently introduced to Daniel Pinchbecks work while on holiday in Mexico. I bought a book edited by him called Toward 2012 Perspectives of the next age.
It somehow led me to the disinformation website, where I then discovered PODCASTS..........
In turn came OUT THERE podcasts. This is all new to me. I managed to download all 50 broadcasts and am listening to them while comuting.
One of the podcasts lead me to this website. It impressed and overwhelmed me so much I became a member instantainiously, bearing in mind I have NEVER became a member of anything like this before......
I got a bit sidetracked for a moment, but am now back to what led me here in the first place.
I am in agreeance there may be a sort of mind shift in the general population brought on by this financial meltdown, and other things but is the 2012 "hype" for real?
I remember all the hype surrounding the turn of the century, millenium bugs, apoclyptic doom etc.
I also remember feeling as though I had wasted too much energy(even though it was minimal) on worrying about such things. After all, it was just the turn of a new day.
Maybe the whole 2012 thing is misunderstood somehow. I don't know much of the Mayan callendar thing but apparantly the Mayans predicted a great upheaval right about this time. Maybe 2012 need not be taken so litterally.The ideas sound plausible but is it too much to put an exact date on such things
Much of what Daniel and co say makes perfect sence.
It is undeniable that the opening of your mind to all this is exhillerating and enpowering.
I am not having a dig here, just trying to process..............................
Having problems getting title up...!???
[edit on 16-3-2009 by bugsy007bond]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hey, you are not alone thinking about this 2012 thing in an bizzare way.
There are alot of people reacting to this in alot of ways.
There are people making bunkers by them selfs and stocking up on foods and munitions for several reasons.
Some think the stockmarket collapse is reason for 'preparing' and others believe it is the full package.

My personal 'feeling' you might say, is some where in between.
The alignment of the galactic plane is suposed to happen, our sun is aproaching SolarMax wich is suposed to be 2012 (gulp) and EArths megnetosphere is acting wierd, so I heard.

Your own reseach and your own decisions is what you must follow.
But hey, if nothing happends in 2012, we always have 2036.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think it will be very similar yes.

Songs made about it, etc.

Cool

new topics

join