It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all friends.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well we're certainly not enemies. We're all friends for the most part. Friends meaning we're pretty much friendly towards each other (as in we don't go around killing each other or maiming each other)... and what does this have to do with political issues? I've stopped looking at politics through a left and right perspective... I care about my freedoms a whole lot and I am a libertarian myself... but when it comes to politics I don't see politics as a right or left issue. People say that you only see politics one way if you're a liberal and that you only see politics this other way if you're a conservative. I am a huge believer in freedoms and I am a conspiracy theorist and I don't see why we should label ourselves in the way that they want us to label ourselves.

People just use political discussions as a stage to show how much knowledge they have about things (in real life). People know that politicians are crooks... okay... but they love debating political philosophies. Discussing politics can get friends mad at each other... even the most closest of friends and what happens to people can really make people do things people wouldn't think that their friends would ordinarily do... politicians are probably aware of this and they are manipulating the masses... please just remember this fact before you start screaming at people... there are people who I disagree with a great deal but I don't say that I'm not going to talk to them because they believe in pro-life or because they believe in more government intervention.

I've just noticed an increase interest in politics... I think it's a good thing but these people should be asking who is pulling the strings... not debating over right or left issues... the debate of the two sides of the political spectrum are tearing the country apart... and so people should keep their beliefs but they shouldn't use politics to just impose their personal views on things... freedoms should be left unregulated... rather crime should be what is legislated and that is only what is harm and actual harm... this includes for both social and economic crime... but please, just remember this-- I'm not against you, we shouldn' be against each other so much. I just am just shocked over this division... we're people... we're not some political animal.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Well we're certainly not enemies. We're all friends for the most part. Friends meaning we're pretty much friendly towards each other (as in we don't go around killing each other or maiming each other)... and what does this have to do with political issues? I've stopped looking at politics through a left and right perspective...

You shouldn't have been looking at politics in a left and right perspective anyway as single axis politics are meaningless in 'describing' politics and has been recognised as such for a long time.

You do realise that for every 3.5 posts you make, one of them involves starting a new thread don't you?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I used to think in a political spectrum terms and I used to think that if you thought one thing about one issue you thought other ways about other issues.

And yes, I do make a lot of threads... you should see me on other forums o_o I make like 20 forums per day on other forums.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I disagree. When I see how certain folks look at other people and society as whole, i see no reason to be friends with them. In fact I hate their selfish, better than everyone else ideaologies. I can truly only be friends with people who think along the same lines as me. I can be civil with enemies but that doesn't mean that they are friends by any stretch.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Okay, but we're not enemies. You might not be friends with them but I was talking about how we may hate each other in the political game but we don't really want to hate each other in real life. I meant "we're all friends" in the general sense, not the literal sense.

new topics

top topics

join