It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan orders aid groups to stop distributing relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Sudan orders aid groups to stop distributing relief

au.news.yahoo.com

KHARTOUM (Reuters) - Sudan's President Omar Hassan al-Bashir said Monday he had ordered that all international aid groups should stop distributing aid inside Sudan within a year.

"We have ordered the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs to completely Sudanise the voluntary work in Sudan within one year and after that no international organizations will distribute relief to Sudanese citizens," Bashir told a rally of armed forces.

"They (the international organizations) can just leave their food aid at the airport and Sudanese NGOs can distribute the relief."

Sudan ordered the expulsion of 16 non-governmental organizations after a Hague court issued a war crimes warrant for Bashir.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It is more than obvious Bashir is bashdard, already responsibly for countless atrocities.
Running from a war crimes charge is obvious with the expulsion of private aid groups. If there are no foreigners there to witness the wickedness of his rule then he will go untried.
leave the food at the front door he says. what a joke.
step down while you've still got legs i says.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This poor country. His intentions are as transparent as plastic wrap.

What he really wants is to take the aid and use it to fund and fuel the warfare. The refugees would never see it.

Those poor people.

The UN has rejected it but I wonder if he can stop them?

I wonder if this is going to provoke a confrontation?

I wonder if it is coincidence that it is when Obama is in office to see what Obama is going to do.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

new topics

join