It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda: The Weekly World News of Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I understand more than one publication has been using the name of The Organ of the Communist Party, so I can't say exactly which Pravda is responsible for this drivel:

www.ufodigest.com...

It just makes me sad that otherwise respectable information sources, such as coasttocoastam.com routinely call their own credibility into question by linking to Pravda stories, including this one (I'm not too familiar with ufodigest.com, but this certainly doesn't help my opinion of them).

Equally sad is the account near the very end of the story about black women having babies sired by gorillas. Racist claptrap of this sort frequently goes unchallenged in the pages of Pravda.

Happily, the article ends on a perhaps intentionally humorous note, explaining that,
"...researchers have no whole centaur skeletons but lots of upper and lower parts of centaurs [SIC] skeletons."
In other words, any horse skeleton missing its head, or any human skeleton missing its legs, is actually an incomplete centaur!

Forget bailing out our economy; somebody in Washington needs to cough up a few million to make sure those "researchers" are able to continue their important work!

[edit on 16-3-2009 by flightsuit]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Coast to Coast has NO credibility whatsoever. That's why people like Steven Greer and other known charlatans get treated like kings on the show. That's why they have a Puff-Piece Presenter at the helm (George Noory) who has no objectivity towards the subject matter raised by guests.

In fact he regularly contradicts himself, depending on the guest he's trying to impress.

I feel sorry for George Knapp and to a lesser extent, Ian Punnett. They try to bring a bit of honor to that show... but Noory just does too much damage for 5 out of the seven days.

IRM

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's useful, or just good form, for Noory to suspend disbelief during his interviews, thus allowing his guests to freely and fully express what they're all about. I kind of assume there's an implied, but unspoken "Assuming your claims are valid and you're not a loon or a con-artist...." at the beginning of every question he asks.

Am I giving him too much credit?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I understand your point of view... i.e give them enough rope - I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's a common method. Noory falls down with claims about his own beliefs. He can say something on a Tuesday night and completely contradict it on Wednesday.

George Knapp doesn't molly coddle at all & asks hard, penetrating questions when there is any form of ambiguity on behalf of the guest... like the 2012 guy in January. He signs his name beside his opinions - and that's something you can take to the bank IMHO.

I don't think Noory holds a candle to Knapp when it comes to journalistic integrity.

IRM

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well Punnett did a fine job last night (Friday 3/20) of asking Bart Sibrel some tough questions. Hoo-boy what a goofball Sibrel is! More on that in a moment, in the appropriate forum...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Good Lord, InfraRedMan, you are so right about George Noory! I just turned on the radio to listen to C2C for the first time in many days, and I could only stand a few minutes of it.

As I type these words, they're broadcasting Noory's interview with a Dr. John Lerma, whose area of expertise seems to be telling sickeningly sweet stories about dying children.

Lerma is also, at some point in the show, supposed to talk about his attempt to remove an implant from Whitley Strieber's body. That is something I find very interesting, something I would really, really like to know about. I won't listen long enough to hear the story, however, because listening to Noory's indulgent, gratuitously "sincere" questions and encouragements, not to mention everything coming out of his guest's mouth, was really more than I could bear; a glurge-fest of stomach-churning magnitude!

:-(

top topics

join