It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Says Obama Has Increased Risks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that President Obama had made the country less safe, asserting that the new administration’s changes to detention and interrogation programs for terrorism suspects would hamper intelligence gathering.

Mr. Cheney said the moves suggested that terrorism was now being treated as a law enforcement problem.

“He is making some choices that, in my mind, will, in fact, raise the risk to the American people of another attack,” Mr. Cheney said of Mr. Obama in an interview on the CNN program “State of the Union.”
www.nytimes.com...

The really scary part was the wording in the next quote

“I think those programs were absolutely essential to the success we enjoyed of being able to collect the intelligence that let us defeat all further attempts to launch attacks against the United States since 9/11,” Mr. Cheney said of Bush administration policies, echoing statements he made in an interview last month with the Web site Politico.com.

The scary line is where they "enjoyed" being ale to collect the intell

I swear that even though he is not vice president any more, he is more evil than satan himself.

He is giving warning to the people of the US that something is coming during Obamas reign

[edit on 16-3-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yes we did enjoy the intelligance gathered. We used it for our benefit. Who wouldn't enjoy it.

edit for reasons the OP knows of.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That was my bad.
Sorry, I found the link on presstv and found the article elsewhere because people don't think much of press tv.
I will alter the title.
This is sthe presstv article

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yeah, they were misleading with their title.

I happen to think he is right.

I expect Obama to enforce his own war on terror programs shortly though. The sanctions on Iran is just the start of him being very unpopular with the Democrats.

top topics

join