It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intellectual Terrorism - The Evolution of Science and Directed Panspermia - Intelligent Design

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Originally posted by B.A.C.
I think they are both clear cut choices, why aren't they? You choose to believe in something, you choose to do what you do. Both choices. You may have different reasons, but they are still freewill choices.

It's still ridiculous to judge based on personal beliefs rather than action.

Which one did Hitler do? Hmmm...

Obviously people have beliefs based on what they believe is true, from evidence, past experiences, indoctrination, etc...
It would be ludicrous to deny those feelings and punish someone for it.
But hey, what else is new...

I hope someday we can get past that sort of barbaric thinking...

Of course it is ridiculous to judge based on beliefs. That doesn't change the fact that we as humans do it all the time. Sometimes without even realizing it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stooge247
It doesn't really matter to me which form of creationism you subscribe to. They are all just as stupid as each other.

You're calling people with a belief different than yours stupid? You sound like a 4 year old.

Like I said before, I respect peoples beliefs no matter what they might be, even yours. You need to grow up intellectually and socially.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

I'm not calling the people stupid. I'm calling creation theories stupid. That being said, because Hitler had different beliefs to me, I should respect them and not call them or him stupid?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
To me, intellectual terrorism is teaching a belief as absolute truth to your children, simply because you believe it. When you do this, you do not even give them a choice and unfairly teach them things as facts that are in realty based on nothing but faith. This is deceiving young innocent minds that don't even know how to critically think. Indoctrination of children is a huge problem in society, as it teaches people to simply believe what they are told and not to live your own life and make your own decisions in life. Home schooling should be illegal for this reason and for the the fact that they very often teach lies. Evolution is backed by mountains upon mountains of scientific evidence. Creationism is not and to suggest otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join