It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello new from Seattle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hello there!

I just wanted to say this website is really addicting, I did not know this kind of message board existed. I found it by accident just the other day via a friend of mine's facebook profile. He listed it as one of his top 2 websites. Apparently he did some work with the ATS Mix radio in the past, boy am I glad that decided to see what all of this was about!

I have always had a interest in fringe style topics. From UFOs to Ancient Egypt, to the Mayan Calendar ending in 2012 to the lost civilization of Atlantis. I also have been a faithful listener of Art Bell, and while i have not always agreed with him on topics, he has opened the doors for me to explore these topics.

I am also extremely interested in survival techniques and survival gear, not sure why, I guess I have this thought that things might get really bad, and that everyone should prepare for either a economic collapse, a flu pandemic or Mt Rainier blowing up.

So I hope to be able to contribute to this wonderful group.

Thanks again!

Oh. I really love the avatar sizes here

Otto

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Welcome. Its addicting for sure. Do some research as to what the hardcore ATS'ers look down on as far as posting goes... not to hard to get a hang of.

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Welcome SD! This is a fantastic website with a ton to offer. . I am always happy to spread the word of ATS to all I know.

Gotta love facebook!

amongus

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

With just the topics you mentioned you'll be awake for the next two months straight!

Enjoy and don't be afraid to jump in there, fresh voices are welcome!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS SD!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.

I am also really enjoying how creative many of the avatars I have been seeing, I've done some poking around, but I have not seen a av request thread or forum here

Thanks again

Otto

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by superdeluxe

Hey, there I'm a bit north of you, but I'm in Seattle at least a few times a month. Since your a newbie - now you have to buy me a beer.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I am new as well and I have learned that in order to get along with the other folk, always remember to post with something to reinforce the original post. People who argue and say sarcastic stuff are shunned. I learned quick.

Another tip is to flag any topic that interests you. And if it does not interest you do not flag.

Respect is the biggest key here. So good luck and I hope you find what your looking for .

Regards, Wiredamerican.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hah.

I actually live south of Seattle, but I use Seattle because people will know where I am talking about.

I've noticed many people with negative points for the BTS forum, isn't it a negative thing to get negative points?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The question I have is... how does one get negative BTS points. Some are in the negative thousands.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by superdeluxe

Meant to say welcome the first time - Welcome.

It's probably because I hit all the new guys up for beers.....j/k

Actually, you can get points taken away for not following the rules, but in my case as many others it's an artifact of the ATS store whereas you make a purchase it defaults to take points 50/50 from both your ATS & BTS account - thus while you may still have to have enough positive points to make a purchase, but it takes half from each thus if you haven't earned any at BTS it goes in the red or negative as you see here. I suppose they could fix the formula by telling it to take all from ATS if BTS is zero or less, but they probably have better things to chase.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Makes sense... I just thought there were some horribly rude people out there

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Thank you very much for the reasoning behind that. I hope to get enough points to buy some of the different items, would love to see the RATS forum one day!

Cheers,

Otto

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi Superdeluxe, welcome to ATS.

new topics

top topics

join