It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on timelines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Now, I know for myself at least that when I first thought about the idea of timelines that it was somewhat silly. I thought it was a ridiculous idea. What the hell is a timeline I wondered? Then I realized that a timeline was simply a course of human events that happen because some event by a human initiated it. The War on Terror was a timeline that was initiated by muslim extrimests and it caused many wars over the last 8 years.

The financial crisis happened as a result of the people in the banking industry trying to screw people over with terrible banking techniques and as a result the credit collapse happened. Same thing with the home mortgage crisis. I believe that events in time can be predictable. Not exactly. But essentially they are. One event that is done in some kind of order can trigger many similar events much like it and it's weird because the same things keep happening. Either this is a result of humans being stupid and history repeating itself or it's a result of timelines. Time events can happen in various ways and can be initiated by the same things every time. Events in your life can be triggered by just one person. People do similar actions throughout history and do different things as time goes on but all in similar contexts and can trigger chains of events. We're now in a timeline like that of the 1930s. Will it lead to another war? Maybe but similar events are going to be happening because of the financial crisis occurred so events that have happened where other financial crises have occurred will happen as this is the same timeline as that.

I don't know. I could find many other examples of ever existing timelines throughout history if I had the knowledge of it. But one more timeline I just wanted to point out is the USA- we're like Rome and they had to deal with barbarians before their empire collapsed... and if we try to go all out on the barbarians in our future days a similar consequence will occur and the American dream we know of will disappear if we keep up our foreign policy and then we might see the timeline of the middle ages again as a result of less prosperity in the world... so who knows about the possibilities.

What is your take on the idea of timelines? Do you believe in them now since what's happenning to us at this moment? Your thoughts?

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have always had a strong belief in timelines. I feel that when people have glimpses of the future by visions, precognition or however you want to term it. That they are in fact looking at future events on the current timeline. Because they know what is going to happen, they can take liberty to change it.

Now I highly and very strongly recommend that you do not do so. There are repercussions to such an action because correcting the adjustment made changes many things. And I imagine the controller of all this predetermination does not enjoy having their work messed with just like we do not.

That said, I have made minor changes before. For various reasons. The last one was to avoid a situation that I did not want to personally experience. The vision itself was far too unsettling. To experience it live may have been far too much for me to endure. So I removed myself from the equation despite how much I cared and how deeply doing so hurt me. But like they say, Love is....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Maybe this is best suited for a U2U, but this book is the best sci-fi on timelines I have ever read. A super-quick read, you realize how interwoven (as the decider would put it) space and time are.

memory-alpha.org...

Spock's famous line in this book: "I shall endeavor not to return before I leave."

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It simply boils down to the very predictable nature of humans due our very strong self preservation instinct.

Nothing so special about it.

new topics

top topics

join