It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting WWII surprise found at folks place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My grandfather was well decorated in WWII and came home with some interesting stuff. Most of which I knew about but apparently my grandmother asked my parents to take one of thr handguns that I didn't know about since she is getting quite old and she is afraid she may get robbed. Waffenfabrik Aug Menz Suhl ModellPB Spezial. This is a 32 cal. and from what I can gather only a few were made. Serial number is 3056 and this thing is in mint condition. Anyone who can tell me a little more about this little gem.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
interesting handgun. one like it was for sale in Germany and the starting bid was 2200 euros=$2838.00

I only got a war souvenir of a Walther P-38 from my father. No where near as rare as yours.

www.hermann-historica.de...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
if my memory serves me well there were limited issue hand guns made for the guards who oversaw the soldat komando in the cons camps, these where used to execute the slave labour that feed the incinerators... imight be wrong but i think i,m riight

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elston[/url]

In a series of books by the Aberdeen Proving Ground staff, I think it was German Small Arms of WWII, were all the pistols used by the Germans.

From your description, and from the picture linked on a reply, it looks very much like the pistole issued to the Gestapo and civilian police.

Some officers also privately purchased the pistole and used it in preference to the issued sidearm.

top topics

join