It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think you can go to hell for indirectly causing death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The only time some one is held responsible for the sin of Thou Shall Not Kill is they kill them with their own two hands. Suck as blowing someone head off. or stabbing them in the back in cold blood. The other way is if the order the murder. Say a Godfather ordering a hit.

I think that the commandment needs to be reworked anyways, because is thou shall not kill, then what about soldiers and police men who take the live of enemies or criminals, respectively. I believe the better interpretation would be thou shall not murder. I mean what if someone attacked you and while defending yourself you knocked them to the ground and they hit the back of their head on a rock causing internal hemorrhage and then died. You are going to hell if it thou shall not kill.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Jim Scott

Jim you are absolutely right according to Jesus. He died for all of our sins. If anyone wants to go to Heaven, then Heaven is still available for anyone to go to. Jesus died for all of our sins in order that all may go to Heaven no matter how serious their sin.

This is in the Bible, unless someone here thinks their word is more powerful than anyone's word in the Bible.
By assuming the bible is correct you fail to take into account all the other religions that have equal standing in belief that they are the "correct" religion.

link   
reply to post by eNumbra

eNumbra I gave you my answer unless you can't read English.

link   
[edit on 15-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

you mean this?

yes those are extremely bad circumstances, and punishment of some type must take place for what transgressions others have done to others; but the Bible still has 10 Commandments.

According to the 10 Commandments and what you said here.

I don't think anyone is going to Hell.
Especially someone who has not specifically broken one of the Ten Commandments.

A child molester doesn't go to hell.

Am I interpreting that right? That's all I want to know.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Are you a child molester eNumbra, because for some reason you keep asking that question?

So, I'm taking it that you are a child molester and you want to know if you are going to Hell. Well... if you want to go to Hell, it is your decision; but stay away from the children from now on eNumbra.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Are you a child molester eNumbra, because for some reason you keep asking that question?

So, I'm taking it that you are a child molester and you want to know if you are going to Hell. Well... if you want to go to Hell, it is your decision; but stay away from the children from now on eNumbra.

Wow, you skirted that question

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Dodging my question with an insult shows little faith in your so-called god.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would like to think there is a special place in Hell for Criminals like Saddam Hussien & perhaps George Bush, but who the hell knows after all they are responsible for the deaths of thousands of human beings. Maybe hell is just a concept that's been created to keep the sheeple down, deaf, dumb and stupid.

So we all respect the sanctity of life and walk around scared and stupid of such matters while the killers gloat, control us and feast of the spoils of slaughtering so many of us.

Hell a delusion created to control us all. All one has to do to find the truth is to turn into a killing madman and see where one goes. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In none of those examples would the employer specifically be doomed due to death of another. However if the employer was to use the financial situation (real or made up) to eliminate employees that the employer held ill-will towards such as the employee had proved the employer wrong and the firing was therefore done in malice, then perhaps it would be a ticket to hell.

Again I have to say perhaps because I lack the ability to make such decisions as to how another's eternity shall be spent. To say so with such conviction would be akin to comparing myself to the wisdom of God.

In your third example, the cooking of the books might fall under false witness. Again, far be it beyond me to rules lawyer for God.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Excuse me, but if you are not religious as you claim, why would you be asking a question about hell, a religious concept?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Would you go to hell because of the examples you stated? Nope.

You go there for a whole other reason.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
No matter what some book may state... There is no hell. We made it up along with what we "think" might be a god.

Religion seems to only divide - while love can only unite.

3nd lines, like 2nd lines are as over-rated as HELL.

PEACE and LIGHT to you all!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The purpose of hell is to more forcibly exhaust attachments held during one's lifetime that are not successfully released by the time death is complete. If the spirit can not go up and there isn't a reservoir of energy remaining a new life is begun in hell. It would depend on the condition of the individual. Hell is not a permanent habitat for the spirit.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

I can feel that you are totally burned by "religion", but why would you equate God to anything but just love? Man is corrupt. God is not. The corruption you see may be done in the name of God by man, but it is not of God.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think a number of you have a misconception regarding sin. You believe that if it's not specifically stated in the Ten Commandments or decided upon by the Catholic Church, it's not a sin? Do you not know when something is a sin against God?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Going straight to Hell is mythology I used to think it was straight away to hell but the more I read the Bible the more it just says repent before it goes deeper and deeper into a hellish nightmare I think. Its a gradual stage of that probably leads to different paths and God will filter these people out, its harder if you reject the idea of God when it happens though.

Bad news is that those not in Christ will have to wait an extra 1000 years to do so and miss a large chunk out of events.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by The time lord]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join