It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was JFK a Zionist???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was trying to find some speeches similar to his secret societies speech, when I stumbled upon this speech he gave at the 'Zionists of America Convention' of all places.

I won't post the whole speech in this thread because it is pretty long, but what do you guys think? Is he implying here that he is a Zionist? And if he is, is it possible that maybe as his presidency went on (this speech was in 1960) he learned more about the truth of how things worked?

Here's the speech:

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It appears to be an appeal to the Zionists rather than a pro-Zionist declaration.

The speech complains that "the Arabs states are divided and restless." It also says, "But from their destructive vendetta can come nothing but misery and poverty and the risk of war."

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anyone else have some input on this?

I've always viewed JFK as a guy who was against the Zionists and international bankers, but maybe he was on their side all along.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
He was a good catholic man

Dont smear his name for points

Ask for this thread removed

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

He was a good catholic man

Dont smear his name for points

Ask for this thread removed

I'm not smearing his name, I am asking a question.

Why don't you read his speech from the Zionist Convention and contribute to the subject of the thread?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm resisting saying something personal.

The US was not supportive of Israel in the early 1960s.

I am in perpetual wonder at what motivates people to search for any possible remark ever made by or about Jews, through ancient writings, in published works, to find some potential dot connecting bit of data that contributes to painting some contrived picture of Jews - oops, Zionists - maintaining ongoing conspiracies.

Kennedy was a Catholic. Are you madly hunting through every speech for remarks that could be interpreted as indications he was a puppet of the Vatican?

Mike F

[edit on 17-3-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I'm resisting saying something personal.

The US was not supportive of Israel in the early 1960s.

I am in perpetual wonder at what motivates people to search for any possible remark ever made by or about Jews, through ancient writings, in published works, to find some potential dot connecting bit of data that contributes to painting some contrived picture of Jews - oops, Zionists - maintaining ongoing conspiracies.

Kennedy was a Catholic. Are you madly hunting through every speech for remarks that could be interpreted as indications he was a puppet of the Vatican?

Mike F

[edit on 17-3-2009 by mmiichael]

First of all, it is obvious that you do not understand the concept of "Zionism," because you are linking my talking about it to anti-semitism.

Most regular Jewish people could care less about Zionism.

No, I did not go searching for something to indict President Kennedy regarding Zionism, as I explained in my original post, I was looking for speeches similar to his speech against secret societies.

I then stumbled upon a speech where JFK seems to sympthasize with Zionism, therefore I wanted to ask the question, "Was JFK a Zionist?"

This has nothing to do with the Jewish people or the people of Israel, most of those people are normal people who do not have a thing to do with Zionism. Most people don't even know what Zionism is.

Also, Kennedy being a Catholic has nothing to do with this, it has nothing to do with "religion."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
OH wait, JFK was a CATHOLIC, that means he is immune to scrutiny!

How dare you question JFK about being a Zionist, he was a Catholic!!!

All Catholics are exempt from scrutiny!!!

Edit: I also believe there is a lack of responses to threads like these because people simply do not understand Zionism in the first place. They are scared to talk about it.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think there may be miscommunication on intent here. I'm susceptible to misinterpreting motives as much as anyone else.

On a forum like this the subject heading alone seems to imply Kennedy, as President, possibly being under some kind of sway from Zionists.

Kennedy being a Catholic is irrelevant. I was just trying to show in a taunting way how there are conspiracies attached to many groups.

As President or as a candidate, he routinely would have to address diverse groups for support. Inevitably he would deliver platitudes to his specific audience. That's what politicians do.

If he went to Utah and delivered a speech at a Mormon dinner, he would inevitably say how he respected and supported the Mormon people. It would indicate nothing of his real feelings or affiliations with them.

High profile people get around and say a lot. Not everything tracked half a century later has relevance.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Anyone else have some input on this?

I've always viewed JFK as a guy who was against the Zionists and international bankers, but maybe he was on their side all along.

Zionism is the secular Jewish movement for a Jewish State, i.e. Israel. This has nothing to do with banking. Just a movement for having a nation state where Jews can live rather than being spread through out the world in diaspora.

International bankers have nothing to do with Zionism. Other than the Rothchilds, most "international bankers" e.g. Morgans, Rockafellers, were not Jewish, actually gave financial support to the Nazi Party and had nothing to do with the creation of Israel.

In conclussion, you are being anti-semetic because many anti-semites like to claim that their is some international Jewish conspiracy to run the world. How many American Presidents were Jewish, how many Billderbergers are Jewish? How many "international bankers" are Jewish?

Have a nice day and get a life!

[edit on 18-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
From what I have read, President Kennedy was not anit Zionist, or pro, he viewed himself as a American, and was pro American. Imagine that, a American President who actually cared about his own country.

His stand was that Israel have equal stand with its neighbors and that all the countries were balanced, militarily. In fact, what I found was that when Israel asked for the Atomic 8omb, President Kennedy refused them because he would have to give the Arab states the Atomic 8omb as well, and that wasn't going to happen during his watch. Someone decided his watch was over, prematurely.

EDIT TO ADD:

Yes. The Rockelfeller family in America passed themselves off as Christians, but ancestrally in Europe they were originally a Jewish family. Many European Jews came to America, Canada, and Britiain and changed to non-Jewish names or claimed to be Christians to avoid "anti-Semitism." But they are biologically Jewish nonetheless.

wiki.answers.com...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Rockafellers were not Jewish. You cite to a source that has absolutely no citation. Its Wikianswers. Its like me saying that the moon is made out of cheese on this forum and you citing to that statement as proof of the moon's cheesy existance.

Here read this NY Times Article from 1908 which states that the Rockafellers can trace their liniage to French Barrons.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Rockefellers were and maybe still are Baptists. Whether or not they secretly control the world, I can't say.

With the obsession of agenda driven Jew haters to tie anyone with wealth and power into their arcane conspiracy theory, even people like Franklin Roosevelt have been accused of being Jews.

All it takes is one positive remark about Jews or Israel quoted in some article and the accusation of pro-Zionist is immediately attached.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Rockafellers were not Jewish. You cite to a source that has absolutely no citation. Its Wikianswers. Its like me saying that the moon is made out of cheese on this forum and you citing to that statement as proof of the moon's cheesy existance.

Here read this NY Times Article from 1908 which states that the Rockafellers can trace their liniage to French Barrons.

query.nytimes.com...

Im not really interested in arguing the point whether the Rockefeller's were Jews or not.

A book overlooked by most people and published for sale mainly within the Jewish community states that the Rockefellers are Jews of Sephardic descent (meaning Spanish and Portuguese Jews). The book is entitled "The Grandees - America's Sephardic Elite." The author is Stephen Birmingham, who is recognized by the Jewish community as an expert on Jewish history. books.google.com...

Was Kennedy a racist? No. Was the Rockefeller's, maybe... Read the book and get back to me.

EDIT TO ADD:
www.fourwinds10.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
lol, people in here are still trying to say I'm a "Jew hater."

Some of my best childhood friends were Jewish, I don't have any problem with Jewish people or their religion.

I have a problem with Zionism.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can Google too. One reference in one book, especially when it counters thousands of observations and testimony from primary sources is not exactly definitive.

Just found this:

"Many ignorant "patriots" have claimed the Rockefeller family is Jewish. This stems largely from an article spread in "Christian" circles by Richard Darcy, Jr. entitled "Rockefeller's Jewish Ancestory!"

He referenced Stephen Birmingham's book The Grandees in which the author stated the Rockefellers, and other elite American families, were surprised to learn of their Sephardic ancestry.

The fact is that as early as 1904 Silas Hubbard self published from New York a book exposing John D. Rockefeller's various frauds citing his Sunday church-going/Bible-carrying behavior and alternatively Monday through Friday criminality."

Mike F

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I remember reading awhile ago that it is purposefully setup so that when anyone talks about Zionism, or questions something like the holocaust, they are automatically labeled as "anti-semetic." I never had it happen to me, but just by simply asking if JFK was a Zionist or not I am being called anti-semetic. It's like the Anti-Defamation League is up in here or something.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

EDIT TO ADD:

Yes. The Rockelfeller family in America passed themselves off as Christians, but ancestrally in Europe they were originally a Jewish family. Many European Jews came to America, Canada, and Britiain and changed to non-Jewish names or claimed to be Christians to avoid "anti-Semitism." But they are biologically Jewish nonetheless.

wiki.answers.com...

Your source is completely wrong. There is no such thing as a Jewish race, or Jewish ethnicity.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I remember reading awhile ago that it is purposefully setup so that when anyone talks about Zionism, or questions something like the holocaust, they are automatically labeled as "anti-semetic." I never had it happen to me, but just by simply asking if JFK was a Zionist or not I am being called anti-semetic. It's like the Anti-Defamation League is up in here or something.

OK. The thread title looks inflammatory like a lot of stuff around here. Big name and linkage to the dreaded Zionists.

As for "reading awhile ago that it is purposefully setup so that when anyone talks about Zionism, or questions something like the holocaust, they are automatically labeled as "anti-semetic."

Well you know, in the age of the Internet you can read tens of millions of articles and whole books as well as tens of millions of messages posted online. It doesn't mean that anything you happen read necessarily resembles the truth. A good chance it is an opinion, and a very biased one.

If you wander into the alleyways of conspiracy sites you can find miles of messages claiming what you have said. Doesn't mean it's any truer than the grey aliens having a war with the reptilians here on Battle Field Earth, which is also well documented in these environs.

The trick to research is to take in as many viewpoints as possible - and then form your own conclusion.

It takes a lot of time and effort.

Good luck.

Mike F

new topics

top topics

join