It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is just passing me by.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure if skunk works is the place for this, but in the last few years i really feel like life is passing me by at a faster rate then normal, I'm 30 so people I've known are all having kids, getting married - i realize its probably worse when your older and have to go to funerals instead.

I think its not the only reason though, after all no matter where anyone else is in their life - there you are in yours! So how can your own life pass you by? Has anyone else being observing a similar trend with their own living experience?

No matter how much I do, or go out to have fun or go shopping or whatever it is (and ive done quite a lot with my life so far) It still feels like somethings missing, its not my life, i cant catch up fast enough to whatever it is, where ever it is im supposed to be, hence the feeling that its always passing me by.

Ok now its time for all you amateur psychologists to jump in, or do you just feel the same? Does everyone feel the same? What is it?

To quote another Link that puts it quite poetically.

""I 'm stuck in the concrete that is solidifying around my ankles and the bus of my life just went by. Even if I would get loose really fast, it would be impossible to reach it anymore. I see other people going by in their perfect little buses, giving pitiful glances. Darn, it started raining and the stray dog must think I'm a lamp-post, life couldn't get any better!

In my dreams this is the point where the events take a different turn. Sometimes the help comes in the form of the stranger who shoos the dog away and shares his umbrella. Other times I go in MacGyver-mode, create a chemical that turns the concrete in to H2O and build a vehicle that is so much cooler than those boring buses that are driving by, this time with envy in the eyes of their passengers.

Then I remember: I'm so stuck that I can't even dream anymore. Those were just thoughts that passed my mind, when I closed my eyes to keep the tears from falling. I turn my back and sink back to my hibernation.""

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Boostah]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Life is all a movie, life is all a dream, life is all a fairy tale.

I can't explain it, but life is as if I'm in the back seat of a car, and someone else is driving. When I look back on memories, it feels like a haze, as if I'm dreaming all of this. It feels like a movie, or a game or some sort of adventure interactive type of thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know what you mean and i sympathise.
I think the best you can do is work on your dreams to make them true.
I will require a lot of patience and.....work. Remember, injustice is part of the equation....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well it feels like life is going past really quickly lately. Time has been just flying by, it's starting to feel scary actually.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Friend are you religious at all?

Not that I want to sell religion to you it's quite the opposite. I think you might be lacking some spiritual comfort. You should read into your chakras and maybe do some breathing exercises. If nothing else it will help your dreaming.

I can sympathize with what you say, I'm in my mid 30's, 3 kids the minivan and the house etc...

I know it can sometimes feel as though there is no time for you and that everything is simply flashing by without so much as asking you for the time. THat's what lead me to be a spiritualist in the first place.

My time spent meditating is 100% focus on myself, my wants and my dreams. It's a very soothing phenomenon to experience.

Just a thought.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow its always great to get prompt replies like that.

Spirituality is something definitely worth looking into (although I'm not religious), I was quite into it before but found it made me very sensitive and too aware sometimes and it was even harder to "fit in".

However i wouldn't mind practicing talking to spirits again i found that world fascinating, if i go back to the UK, i may join a spiritualist church for that end of things, there are a lot of charlatans and some just plain crazies, but some very gifted and unique individuals too.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Boostah]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

I don't mean spiritualist as in speaking to spirits however. I mean speaking with your inner spirit, your soul.

That's the best place to get advise from, and all you need to do is learn how to breathe again.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i think everyone notices that time flies by the more you age... planning out your day will make it whiz by!!

try not to make as many plans, and live just for the moment, because time really does not exist - we're all just here, in an infinite, ever-changing Now, and Now's a great time to enjoy life for what it really is!

learn to appreciate what Now truly is, and you'll begin to notice that you have all the time in the world!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

It still feels like somethings missing, its not my life,

I am sure we all have those feelings, some more then others,

I might suggest getting involved,

Working with charitable organizations, or some other honorable cause.

Making a difference in another's life for the better, will change your life forever.

There are plenty of people out there that NEED you.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Upon awakening:

Place your right foot on the floor and say " Thank you for giving me the greatest partner anyone can imagine"
Place your other foot on the floor and repeat.
Walk towards (probably the bathroom) and continue saying the same. In the NOW. In the present. Thank your higher power or the universe that your true love is laying on the bed and you are immensely happy.
VISUALIZE.
MATERIALIZE.
Ask and you shall recieve.

Do this every day and soon your prince/princess will appear.

REALLY. It works.

Also "feel" as though you have the love of your life by your side. Imagine it throughout the day.

Shortly you will have what you want...Stop sending out negativity about companionship and other things that are unpleasant.

It DOES work. I wish i had known about this a long time ago.

*ALSO: Your life is NOT passing you by. You have touched MANY lives since you were born.
Think about it.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoostahNo matter how much I do, or go out to have fun or go shopping or whatever it is (and ive done quite a lot with my life so far) It still feels like somethings missing, its not my life, i cant catch up fast enough to whatever it is, where ever it is im supposed to be, hence the feeling that its always passing me by.

That void you feel is a relationship with God. I can't stress enough how important it is to have a relationship with God.

Also, you are living a selfish life. You are looking for your own hapiness instead of trying to make others happy. You want that "sothing's missing" feeling to go away? Go out in the world and help somebody. Hell, maybe you need to just call your Mom or Dad and tell them you love them.

And stop comparing your life to the other people you know. Who cares if they are married and have children? More than likely, they feel the same way you do. I have a seven year old kid... Just the other day it seems like he was born.

You want life to really pass you by?... Have children. They grow up faster than you think.

The only way I know how to slow down time is to give up your addictions if you have any. If you are an alcoholic, quit drinking and a day will seem like a week. If you smoke cigarettes, give up that habit and a week will seem like month.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

You sound depressed to me. I have read some really good feedback here but the fact remains that if you are depressed you don't have the energy to do anything other than what you absolutely have to do, thus, life passes you by.

I know, I am there. I am 63 and there for the past 5 years. The first time I became depressed to a degree that I couldn't function I was 25. I got on meds briefly and felt sooo good after that I knew I had been depressed all my life (I had a very difficult childhood and life). I could concentrate, I didn't cry for two years with all that was happening around me, I felt I could accomplish anything I set my mind to.

I am not an advocate of medicine in general, but I think you need to talk to someone and perhaps get on medication for a short while until you can be you again, dream again and have belief in yourself that you can accomplish those dreams.

Please feel free to U2U me if you wish.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

Life comes and goes within a flash, most of us miss that flash because we take away the mystery of life. We replace the mystery with a pre laid path in our minds, we no longer just want to live we need something to live for. We no longer want to be, we want to be something.

You want to know something that may surprise you? You are in a brilliant position to take away the suffering most of all to slow down life and enjoy it 100%. The best part is “You already know how” you could join a church, or jump on the new age train but there is really no need however that is entirely your choice, I strongly agree with free will and I for one would not take that away from anyone.

This is a quote from a post of mine; I think and hope it helps. I checked some of you other post and totally understand where you are coming from.

People spend a lifetime living in their mind, and then they blame the world because “Life Sucks” I have experienced this myself and today I am free, I no longer need to know, WHY? Because I like the mystery of life “That’s where all the beauty is” Away from thought forms away from ego. Even if by some miracle I worked out the meaning of life in this lifetime what purpose would it serve other than ending the whole point of life. More to the point how in a million years would you share what you know with humanity, who would believe you? Nobody because they already know the truth, they already have their beliefs’ beliefs they would never let go of because there version of the truth is right, it’s a constant battle, a battle of egos.

Some of you may already be questioning the statement I made in the above paragraph “today I am free” you will be questioning and doubting that claim. “What does he mean he is free” is he claiming to be enlightened, ascended, free from ego? Maybe who knows, I don’t need labels, I don’t need a fancy title to tell others who I am because I don’t claim to be anything other than equal. Some may even be thinking “How can I be Free” well if I told you I would just become another Master or Guru sharing my version of the truth and as I said “I don’t need labels or fancy titles”. Would you believe me if I said “Once you stop searching for answers, you find them” Insight is a powerful thing. However I don’t want you to believe me, I don’t want to manipulate you “Sorry not my style”

Remember when you lost something and found it once you stopped searching for it, do you know why that happened? It happened because you took away all the places it might be out your mind; once you cleared your mind of multiple scenarios you realized it was right there in front of you. Or maybe it just sprung to mind when you were not thinking about it, once again Insight is a powerful thing. However insight has no real power when you replace it with analysis.

"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience"

Take away the complexity, take away the analysis, and take away the world your mind has created. I am here to help just like everyone else, if you need to talk or need support please feel free to u2u me. All the best my friend

IamNow

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just make contact with your Higher Self or whatever you choose to call it.

Do something for others.

S & F by me.

Have a lovely evening!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

What you describe was my heavy-hearted feeling a few years ago too

What jolted me out of it was choosing to take a huge risk. I quit a 'comfortable' job and income, flat, neighbourhood I'd lived in for a decade, friendships, everything. All that to put myself through university, regardless of cost or sacrifice, to chase a dream I had at 8 years old in my 30's...

I may be piss poor and work all through the night to meet deadlines, but I've never been happier...

Ask you 'inner child' what it dreams of, take a risk, and follow wherever that path leads

:peace:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
These are all fantastic replies, thank you very much to everyone for contributing and for the few U2U'S I got too!

What is kind of funny about this is that i expected to get a lot more people agreeing to be in the exact same situation, but it seems this is not as common as i thought, although most of those who do feel a similar way decided rather to U2U me instead, does this mean that its just too taboo to talk about publicly?

It would surprise me if the latter is true, for this is a very open minded forum for one and also because the day and age of progress we live in today. I don't consider it something very personal myself so I was quite surprised at some of the pity and advice offered. Don't get me wrong its great to see so many people are willing to help someone in need, but I guess i was approaching it from a more philosophical and observant stance.

I found it amusing too that some assume I don't already do charity work or that I lead a selfish existence, It made me wonder what kind of thin air comes with so much information on someone Else's life

The theory that it could be depression that causes this kind of feeling is certainly worthy of consideration for others feeling the same but I think personally for me It doesn't fit as I'm actually quite happy (ok, so not ecstatically) and have experienced depression before, wow never wanna go back there again, yeeesh!

Imho, the closest thing to it for me would be those that suggested something spiritual, and maybe to change a particular direction or path in career, (that one i am working on) and possibly a change of partner, but most of them are quite major leaps. I'm by no means a stranger to making large leaps which is what makes me just a bit more cautious of them. My girlfriend sais that the feeling stems from confusion, I think she hit the nail on the head - if your confused about something then your not sure if your in the right place hence life whizzes on by ... wooooosh.

The idea to start embracing lifes mysteriousness was probably the best piece of advice. Hope I didn't come off arrogant in all this, I do appreciate the sentiments and I hold compassion in high regard so I know everyone heart was in the right place, was just a little surprised at some of the responses. Maybe I didn't explain it right.

Great to know there is so many other good people out there though for sure, I was loosing faith in that.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I agree time seems to be speeding up as the years go by... more so than the normal effects of age can account for. Some others I've spoken to have also observed this.

Seems many people don't notice, then again many people tend to ignore strange or inconvenient truths and deny premonitions and such.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I found myself doing the same thing, replacing the mystery of life with my idea of what I think would happen in the future. You may only be 30 but your mind is years ahead, you think you already know what the future holds for you, if that future contains negative thought forms then you are in for a bumpy ride my friend. You may also find yourself dwelling on the past, forever thinking “What if I could of done it better” –“What if I could of changed this and that” well you not alone my friend I can promise you that. You must understand though by doing this you are taking yourself out of the now “Where all the mystery is”

Most of your friends are having children, getting married or moving away, you should be happy for them I myself am 28 and experiencing the very same thing, does it make me feel old Yes? Does it make time feel like its moving 100 miles an hour? Yes... However it’s only a Yes if I let it be, it’s only a yes if I take myself out of the Now. I highly recommend a book “Eckhart Tolle – The Power Of Now” and a video on YouTube called “Anthony De Mello- Rediscovering life" (Think it’s in a few parts, u2u me if you want the links) it may be for you it may not, you have free will to do as you please. I was in a similar situation to you hence the recommendation, hope everything works out pal.

Always remember “Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened”

[edit on 18-3-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boostah I'm 30 so people I've known are all having kids, getting married - i realize its probably worse when your older and have to go to funerals instead.

maybe you need to wonder about what you could be doing.... now.. to better other's lives.

-

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Actually im living in a third world country and attend to charitable causes almost every day, so for me thats not it, i dont know if it would make anyone else feel better about there lives either, maybe if they have something to be guilty about maybe? persoanlly im quite sick of it...lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join