It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I.G. Reveals Biggest Beneficiaries of Its Rescue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
You are all mistaken, we need MORE Bailouts! Not Less.

We should take every Wall Street CEO, Bank Executive, and Insurance Executive, invite them up in a first class seat on a jumbo jet, offer them all the free cocktails and champagne they desire, fly them out over the mid Atlantic, open the door and tell them all to Bail Out!

I volunteer to help push.

Oh.....good idea, can I pack the parachutes.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

Who said anything about Parachutes?

They already had their free ride with our hard earned cash. Let them drop faster than a Merill Lynch stock value. They can sink or swim as far as I am concerned.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Terapin

It certainly seems as if the economy will go that way doesn't it? I had a good laugh with your last line, but it's true.

This whole bailout mess is ridiculous, I thought these things were to be regulated and maintained by the government.

This money wasn't just a handout, or atleast it wasn't suppose to be initially.

Good ol' Bankers.

~Keeper

You said it all when you made the statement, this whole bailout mess is rediculous, I thought these things were to be regulated and maintained by the government. There lies the problem your government as the overseer and it is like the fox watching the hen house. All we need to do is follow the money and find out whose palms are being greased.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We are the Government and you are not. A guide to being a good citizen, by the Department of Homeland Propaganda.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Does anyone wonder where the $62 billion AIG lost in the fourth quarter 2008 went to? I mean, that's the largest corporate quarterly loss in HISTORY. EVER.

These counterparties appear to have been for 3Q08...who are the counterparties for 4Q08? Who did we bail out when the taxpayers gave AIG another $30Billion earlier this month?

Easy...

The 62 Billion was to pay off the insurance hedge fund managers had taken out on Lehman bonds before it fell like a rock. The problem here was that the managers were allowed to take out insurance, and then the insurance claims became of higher value than the actual Lehman they had...

So AIG being the official "bailout" for these insurance holders, did not have the ability to pay off such a huge loss... It's basically like All the insurance companies during Katrina... the difference is that the GOV didn't provide the money to Insurance companies during Katrina, but we did during this crisis.

That's where the $62 Billion went...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well people if this doesn't make us the people to go out and take to the streets to take down the corruption within our government and their raping on the tax payer nothing will do.

Incredible.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by tiso_us

Who said anything about Parachutes?

They already had their free ride with our hard earned cash. Let them drop faster than a Merill Lynch stock value. They can sink or swim as far as I am concerned.

LOL....I guess I won't be tying that anvil to the other end.

I was just on CNN live just a few minutes ago.....not only was she naming places overseas, she also named all the bankers of the FIRST bailout ie;J.P. Morgan, Goldman sachs, Whacovia(spelling) and so on. This is the money that AIG just got. What are they doing.....playing merry go round while taking turns, then Devy up the loot.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sadly, it is the truth that this money was not then, and not now, intended to help America in any sense of the word. It is blackmail, "give us money or we trash your economy." But we'll never hear that from the MSM.

Imagine if every American decided to move whatever meager funds they still have into any financial organization that does not feed into the transnational banks.... oh wait, they bought all our banks! And the FDIC makes sure they stay 'in their proper place.'

Silly me.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well, we all knew that when the banks and the feds refused to tell us where the money went, the bailout was not to our benefit. This is not surprising to me, but hey, I'll volunteer as a flight attendant on that bailout plane. Coffee, tea or koolaid??

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I cant get over this thread - you people are upset because you have to pay your obligations ? WTF.....You owe - you pay. We are all wanting to known when we start to see some of the 11trillion in debt paid back ? Soon I hope.

You have the choice - either bailout these banks and pay what you owe - or let them crash and take your entire country down the sink hole.

The lifestyle and arrogance of Americans is all that is in question here - your rapacious greed has finally come back and bitten you - and you wonder why you should pay ?

Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

I had nothing to do with AIG and I suspect most members of ATS also had nothing to do with AIG, yet our taxes are being used to bail them out. That is the issue. It has nothing to do with us being irresponsible, and everything to do with corporate greed.

This problem is not in any way confined to the US.

I would also like to add, that my current debt load is ZERO. I do not have any debts and do not live on credit.

[edit on 16/3/09 by Terapin]

[edit on 16/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
I cant get over this thread - you people are upset because you have to pay your obligations ? WTF.....You owe - you pay. We are all wanting to known when we start to see some of the 11trillion in debt paid back ? Soon I hope.

Yeah, pretty upset. My obligations were much less before all this SHTF, and ironically, I personally had nothing to do with it. When do we get a chance to disagree with these "obligations?"

You have the choice - either bailout these banks and pay what you owe - or let them crash and take your entire country down the sink hole.

Nope, we didn't get that choice either. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure nobody on ATS got a single vote or say in whether or not the bailouts would occur.

The lifestyle and arrogance of Americans is all that is in question here - your rapacious greed has finally come back and bitten you - and you wonder why you should pay ?

Rapacious greed? I feel I've been quite generous, often charitable. So I guess my question is, why should others' greed be biting me?

Get a grip.

I'm trying.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

So what's the problem?

The banks and government is borrowing money from anybody that will
give it to them so they can loan the money to you so you can buy all
that crap you don't really need. And now they want their money back.
Call it Dubyas Legacy.

But right now you should be bending over and saying to China
Prease Sir, May I have another. Because China owns your Ass

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't pretend to know how the world economy works, but I do realize this is a worldwide problem, and recovery may hinge upon banks NOT in our country recovering as well. So until someone who is actually savvy and not just really pissed off can point out why foreign banks are 'evil' and shouldn't be recipients of bailout money, I'll assume this is on the up and up.

I'm much more upset about bonuses, greed by CEOs, and our government not disclosing all the details of where all the bailout bucks went.

But the reason AIG got us in the mess to begin with is ironically, a decision by Bush senior during his presidency, reenacting a law that was defunct since the 40s. Forbes was talking about it on a radio show the other morning I was listening to. He said it's a ludicrous policy, it's akin to him putting his house on the market and fully expecting to sell it in the next hour. It's the loophole that caused this whole issue. Thanks Bush Sr!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Be a more of a patriot??????
How about pants down and bend over.
Wake up and smell the coffee, your government is owned by the Fed and your being screwed.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It is easy to figure. AIG owed all these other companies money basically for insurance claims. What happens if AIG doesn't pay? All these institutions go belly up triggering even more insurance which must be paid off. It wouldn't end until there is no more financial system left. And anyone with cash in bank or investments basically loses it all. Of course the govemrment could step in and save things at a much, much higher price than what they are spending now.

Sometimes the best solution is the lesser of two evils.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There are no more countries, just corporations and banks.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The piece that no one seems to be connecting throughout all this is that the giant banks that recieved the bailouts are all owned by people who are on the board of directors for the federal reserve.

So the people that own these failing banks, decided hey we can use some more money, and then the federal reserve board(the very same people) basically said, ok, well we can just print it for ourselves.

We've given international bankers control of our entire economic system.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson must have been some psychic!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If anyone has purchased a extended warranty from Best Buy guess who backs it. Thats right AIG. If you have one and your really ticked off about this, at anytime through the life of the plan you can return to any best buy store and request a prorated refund.

Hit them where it hurts

I did mine this a.m. AIG and Best Buy gave me around $300.00 bucks back

[edit on 16-3-2009 by lightinthedark33]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

You've got it absolutely right. They've been in control since 1913, when they finally won the Revolutionary War. What we're seeing now is the end game. The parasite has overwhelmed the Host and is sucking up as much wealth as possible before the host dies. The parasite is moving its operations to the next host (the East) as we speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join