It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead inmate had testifed against celly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Dead inmate had testifed against celly

www.mcalesternews.com

An Oklahoma State Penitentiary inmate found beaten to death on Wednesday night died after he was placed in a cell with a man he had testified against in a murder trial — prompting an internal investigation at the prison.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is crazy man, how could this possibly happen?

I mean imagine it, when they put him in the cell he must have been like "hey you put me in here with the guy I testified against, waitttttttttt"

I mean he must have resisted, this is obviously something that was planned.

But would the guards put him in a cell when they knew what would happen if they weren't guaranteed some sort of immunity or something?

www.mcalesternews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's a trick that the prosecution sometimes uses: Put the guy who testified into the same cell with the suspect. If the guy survives, he probably lied to the court.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
this is a ridiculous story - i cant believe this happened. It was most likely set up. WHat i believed happened, was the guy who died, was most likely in a gang with the other, he "snitched" as they call it, then was forced in their to be beaten to death. Its truly a horrible story.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It doesn't have to be a gang related case. If you make a bargain with the judge and spill the beans to get a lighter sentence, you may not live long after you are released from the prison.

Heavy crap is taking place in US jails, but Obama decided to take care of the poor terrorists first. Hopefully he won't forget to look after "his fellow citizens."

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

they were already sentenced correct? its not a trick prosecution uses, or if so very rarely. Prosecution wouldnt do that to a suspect who was telling on the other. Even if the suspect wasnt telling the truth, he still wouldnt make it out of that cell alive, supposedly lying on another man. This was either gang related, or Correctional Officer related in my opinon. I doubt there was a mix-up, when you are brought in to another cell, im sure you're not blindfolded (not knowing who you will be with). also if he was testifying on another man, he was most likely in a whole other block, which is used to segregate the crimes

- A block - short stays, dui's, traffic tickets, probation violation for minor offenses, B-block - Protective Custody, where child molestors, rapists, and people who testify on another person in that prison, or involved in a gang trying to get out. C block, Arson, breaking and entering, burglary D block Murder, gang invlolvment including murder, kidnapping, grand larcenoy......Get the picture?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is a HUGE breach of security. I've seen some incompetent CO's but this had to be intentional. On an inmates card there's a spot for who the person shouldn't be in contact with. That aside, what are the odds that he would end up in the same cell as the one he testified against. This stinks.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

That does not make any sense. There would be a beating either way

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
- A block - short stays, dui's, traffic tickets, probation violation for minor offenses, B-block - Protective Custody, where child molestors, rapists, and people who testify on another person in that prison, or involved in a gang trying to get out. C block, Arson, breaking and entering, burglary D block Murder, gang invlolvment including murder, kidnapping, grand larcenoy......Get the picture?

Your pic is missing a detail: jail and prison overcrowding. Where did you do your time? In the Principality of Monaco?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This has happened many times before. I'll try to find a story.

This was intentional.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If I were a member of this person's family I would be getting a really good attorney right now. That should never happen in our prisons and they need to find out exactly what happened.

new topics

top topics

join