It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiest's how sad there life's must feel.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Imagine a life with no reason other than i think therefore i am.

No faith in the idea For some reason we was made as with all life for a reason.

No religion In general .. Just that There is a afterlife..And we are part of a bigger Whole.

But to phantom Nothingness.
Close our eye's and envision total darkness and no more you.
because you can't rap your mind around a god.

Even if there was no god.
To Debunk or humiliate People that at least are searching for a higher power does not make them the fool's ..

Any atheist on the web..youtube... on tv ect..
Are dead set on Debunking religion.
It's there sole purpose in life.HOW SAD IS THAT.
They are always arrogant and no matter what you say can and will matter..there right your wrong...
That's not how science Or even a ration man Debunk's anything.
They are already one side in there decision.

Kinda like me taking the which pop taste's the best coke or pepsi.
Id choose Pepsi because i already had my mind made up.

No science there or Great debunking.

Oh i aint even religious.

But with that said..i will not question what they call a FAITH..anymore.
There very well maybe a god.
There is no proof he does or does not exist.
Science or other wise.

But i do know this....
We are here for a reason...It aint because stardust made us either.
But i got no idea's beyond that lol

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think you are wrong to assume that all Atheists are sad and lonely with their views on the subject.

I use to be an Atheist and I was quite happy with the though of simply dying and rotting in the ground afterwards, anything's gotta be better than this right?

Since then however I've become a Spiritualist and have found that it works much better in my favor when the only person I hold true faith in is myself.

And as far as your argument that Atheists refuse to say they are righ and that you are always wrong, the same goes for Christians, Muslims or any other religious person who would be arguing their beliefs.

Debunking religion is silly. Nobody on this planet can understand let alone interpret the existance of God. It is simply far too complex for our under-developped species to comprehend at the moment. We need a serious shift in conciousness before we can be arrogant enough to believe that we are a special race of people chosen for a purpose by a higher power.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Speaking of arrogance...

To think you know the mind, heart and soul of every athiest out there...tsk tsk

This can all be said about anyone...

Let's take a look and pick on everyone from examples I have seen with my own eyes...then I am going to apply your harsh and disturbing generalization

What a sad life Christians must have...they must be so insecure that they all have to prove God even though they can't

What a sad life Pagans must have...they all think they have it figured out...many gods and goddesses and so they need to tell everyone that we were first and therefore are right

What a sad life Catholics must have...they have all these rituals that mean practically nothing more than a pre-death, death bed conversion

you see OP...while I respect your opinion...I think it's horrible to sit an generalize anyone because of affiliation...I have met some Athiests who are just like you say but I have also met some Christians who think they are the only proper way and must save every person alive despite being told to go away

Sorry to tell you this...but a life without God, or a goddess doesn't equal sadness just because it's how you see it and from a few examples you've seen

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am a agnostic and I think people are scared of someone who has no belief in anything after this life. Really without the belief that you will be able to retain memories and reconnect with other people in some way or shape after death there really IS no point to existing.

How SCARY the thought that everything I ever did, anyone I ever met will melt away like tears in the rain. Acquiring an identity and having likes and dislikes. Experiencing love and grief. Happiness and sadness. To have it all disappear like it never existed is so fooking scary. NOTHING scares me more than there being no point to life or having absolutely nothing happen when you die except being a computer that gets turned off and rots away.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

I do hope you realize that maybe one out of every ten thousand atheists, at most, spends any of their time trying to debunk religion.

Most of us are perfectly content to let religion be, as long as it returns the favor.

Almost all the atheists who do spend time trying to debunk religion are people who have not had religion return that favor.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Your argument could, of course, be flipped around. Maybe atheists see us as sad people who need something in life to believe in.

It's beliefs, it's personal. Just as i can't really understand how someone could hold the belief that there is nothing after this life....i am perfectly sure that atheists look at people like me and wonder, how can they believe there is anything after this life.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
OP very interesting post, sincere.

But you have to realize the rebellion that goes on on the inside of each man. Those people attack us and make it their effort to deny God because like I said it's a defense mechanism because the fear of God being true which they don't want.

a sincere athiest that keeps an opn mind? That's extremely rare if there are any.

most people are like, imo, Bill Marh, with his arrogant cockiness which if you see him in person can see in his soul.

Remember if God is real, how much sin will have to stop? They will have to put themselves below something and so forth....

But the warfare in everybody i don't see so I could be wrong, but God knows what's in everybody in this forums hearts.

In the end, just let them be, and you need to if you are unsure, need to stay openminded. Remember through faith you can see works. Don't stay unsure forever.

peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

a sincere athiest that keeps an opn mind? That's extremely rare if there are any.

Are you serious? I don't even know how to try and respond to this. Maybe you aren't open minded enough to see that just because someone doesn't believe in your faith, doesn't make them insincere and immature.

Quite frankly I am having a hard time finding Christians who are open-minded to realize the aren't the only worthy people on Earth who have some unreal divine knowledge which makes them better than anyone else. They think they glow with some intense amazing light that transcends time and proves to the world that they are indeed number 1. What happened to humility?

I am so sorry because I gotta put my own humility to rest and say how truly sick and tired I am of these personal attacks on both sides. This is so morally disgusting. I am really exhausted of hearing how Christians are truly oral because God put this morality in there hearts. The next breath contains some inflammatory response about how Atheists are sad and pathetic people. Grow up!

It's the darndest thing how I have met some Christians who can have people spew venom all over them and they can nod their head, smile, and STILL love that person without the crappy responses. Where are they? I see some on this board all the time and while I am not going to name names, it is amazing how much more I feel like I COULD hypothetically move towards Christ when these people talk. A Christian who talks like this and loathes us non-believers so much...guess what...it isn't helping your cause.

Take a look at this example...if an Atheist wanted to get you to believe in Christ's non-existence and talks to you like the few people you've found on YouTube, is it really going to help? I highly doubt it.

Listen to your own post...You tell other Christians to keep an open mind and not three paragraphs before you are claiming basically that no sincere atheists exist. I know you want people on Christ's side and I truly think that is a worthy cause but how are Christians going to win people being rude or close-minded or in some other cases I have seen, down right mean.

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Listen to your own post...You tell other Christians to keep an open mind and not three paragraphs before you are claiming basically that no sincere atheists exist.

Yes it's yet another atheist bashing thread. I'm getting a bit tired of being told I am "close minded" by people who are ironically basing that close minded assumption on their own prejudices.. and to suggest we're just atheists to rebel against someone else's belief syetem? wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
no no no Kyozero, you take it out of context. I don't think athiest are lowlife people, they are souls of God.

What I meant by saying a sincere athiest was in terms of someone who has already made their minds up to gods existence.

Not in temrs of that person is not sincere in everyday life.

again I wasn't attacking you. Most the athiest literally that Iv'e seen on here say stuff like we are controlled lunitics that believe in an imaginary God.

I can't even name two people in my whole time on the internet who said.

" maybee God could be real, but I still am not believing "

Most I see say he's flat out false.

alot of athiest accept evolution because what a belief in God requires.

I wasn't trying to attack you.

and Riley it's not a athiest bash post. I didn't detect that in the OP.

peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No religion In general .. Just that There is a afterlife..And we are part of a bigger Whole.

I think many atheists believe in a bigger whole or collective consciousness or whatever.
I know i do... i am a pretty spiritual person to be honest... i just don't need organized religion to tell me how to connect with that side of myself or to tell me fairy tales that may or may not have happened.

Organized religion is about as far away from god and spirituality as you can possibly get.

Nor can anybody.
Nobody knows what god is or isn't.... absolutely nobody.
When i close my eyes or think about an afterlife or an existence after death....i don't see a black empty nothingness...i have many ideas or theories and none of them involve a black empty nothingness.

Perhaps our mind/soul/real self, live on, similar to a dream state... but we just can't return to our physical body..?

Probably as sad as blindly accepting something that nobody knows for certain exists.
I don't think every atheist or every atheist website is trying to debunk religion or god... that's a pretty general, sweeping statement.
You sound very bitter??

But i do know this....
We are here for a reason...It aint because stardust made us either.
But i got no idea's beyond that lol

Of course we're here for a reason...

You and only you have to find that out.
the answer is within yourself...

[edit on 16/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
and Riley it's not a athiest bash post. I didn't detect that in the OP.

Of course you do not think the OP was attacking atheists.. you agree with him.

Starting a thread just to whine about how sad the lives of atheists must be? To actually say that our sole purpose in life is debunking religion? So we aren't capable of philosophy then? The OP is riddled with insults, biggoted presumptions and contempt for atheists. He is not very subtle with the atheist bashing.. and neither are you with phrases like: "Those people attack us" and your backtracking over "atheists aren't open minded/sincere" is not very convincing as there's no taking that out of context.

Christians telling everyone all about atheists in the negative when they clearly don't have a clue about what makes us tick is pure and simple hate mongering. Thats the whole point of this thread.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is a picture of this thread title illustrating Ignorance in the dictionary.

Atheists live no less of a life than you self-righteous, holier-than-thou religious fanatics.

Yes, that is right. If that OP really reflects your beliefs, than you are no better than the radical Muslims that detonate themselves for their cause. You are spreading hate yourself.

Your logic is also idiotic.

As an Atheist, why would I live a worse life knowing I had nothing after? See. I go out of my way to make my life MATTER and make sure that I make the lives of those around me better.

All you fanatic zealots do is sit on pews, chuck a few coins in a coffer and wait for death to come so you can start something better. Why not make this world a better place instead of wasting time?

You give Christians a bad name.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OT...I now you weren't attacking me. I am not an Atheist myself but I am just trying to figure something out..Christians are taught humility and I have seen some of the humblest beings on Earth who are Christians...lovely and adoring people

The thing is, I see all these Christians here who discuss...which they are of course free to do. I welcome it. You'll notice that in the threads that specifically ask for Christian viewpoints I pretty much stay away because they aren't looking for my view and believe it or not my feelings are not hurt by that. I am sure some day on here I will have a crisis and perhaps I will want a Pagan viewpoint...now with that said

It is most certainly true there are some bad Atheists out there that come here to do nothing but disrupt your topics. It is ugly and pointless BUT if an Atheist comes in with questions...treat them well..answer them

But when a bad one does come in, why not take that humility lesson and just shrug and say c'est la vie?

There exists wickedness on every side of this debate including mine but to say an Atheists life is sad is truly a horrible assumption. I know and feel the love and adoration of Isis. An Atheist like foof does not and doesn't believe it. I can make a pretty solid bet that both of our lifes are equally good and thus I leave him in peace and he leaves me in peace. (sorry...had to use SOME example foof)

The one thing I do want to tackle is this...

I can't even name two people in my whole time on the internet who said.

" maybee God could be real, but I still am not believing "

Most I see say he's flat out false.

Of course an Atheist won't say that because an Atheist does not believe a god or goddess exists. What you described is an agnostic. An Atheist will never say that because a true Atheist just doesn't see it as possible. So in reality, rude or not, if they are saying these things then they are indeed sincere Atheists.

Trust me OT, I know there are Atheists here who sound pretty rude and silly but I can point out several Christians who do much the same.

Wickedness...it's everywhere...Pagans, Jews, Christians, Atheists...I have a better word to classify all of the types who have wickedness among them...humans

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Imagine a life with no reason other than i think therefore i am.

I like that reason...im happy

No faith in the idea For some reason we was made as with all life for a reason.

I am here to keep the human species running...im still happy

Still happy

Meh, still happy....and im not seeing your point

Even if there was no god.

To Debunk or humiliate People that at least are searching for a higher power does not make them the fool's ..

Ok, hold on a sec, that over steeping the boundary, generalising all us atheists as religion haters

They are always arrogant and no matter what you say can and will matter..there right your wrong...
That's not how science Or even a ration man Debunk's anything.
They are already one side in there decision.

Again, you are assuming atheists all think the same....you are now the ignorant one.....

Kinda like me taking the which pop taste's the best coke or pepsi.
Id choose Pepsi because i already had my mind made up.

Mmmm cola

No science there or Great debunking.

Im still happy by the way....regardless of what your own thoughts of an athiest individual are

But with that said..i will not question what they call a FAITH..anymore.
There very well maybe a god.
There is no proof he does or does not exist.
Science or other wise.

Correct.....so why bother questioning everyone elses personal belief?

Still Happy

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No person has the ability to truly see through another's eyes.
So we're all ignorant in that respect.
I think your post was sincere.

I can describe my atheist point of view.

Life is like a pizza, even the crappy slices are good.
I've also found life to be a great way to spend my time.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just have this to say in response:

Imagine a life where you can do what comes natural to you, without it being labled a sin.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Assumption #1:
Atheists live a life without reason or purpose.

This is false. The purpose of life is to live.
Want a higher purpose? Great. But what does everything come back to - even the idea of a Heaven?
Living a good life and being content and happy with the decisions we make.
Can not an atheist do that?

Assumption #2:
Non-existence is a nothingness we should not embrace or be fearful of.

Why should I fear non-existence? Because I exist to fear it?
But will it matter when I don't exist? Do you shake in fear when you imagine the time before you were born? Of course not.
There's nothing to fear - literally.

Assumption #3:
Atheists believe theists are fools.

Most do not. Most understand that it's not intelligence that plays a role in belief, but rather a longing to cheat death or indoctrination (in many cases both).

Assumption #4:
Atheists are dead set on debunking religion

Most are not. I'm a hardcore atheist, but even I don't try to debunk religion (for the most part
), just point out specific flaws in some religious beliefs that I have a problem with. For example, Hell. I don't think it's mentally healthy to be ok with the idea that uncle Bob will be tortured for eternity just because he's a realist. That's not about debunking religion, it's about a specific belief which I find sickening.

Assumption #5:
Atheists are 'always arrogant'

Many people are arrogant. This is not an atheist trait but a human trait. Many atheists are not arrogant, just tired of other people looking down at them and telling them that their future home will include a nice sunset view of the lake of fire.

Assumption #6:
Atheists are bitter and grumpy

This is absolutely false... hold on one second...
"HEY YOU LITTLE RAT-BASTARDS - GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

Ok... what were we talking about?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by TruthParadox]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am an Atheist,that means I don't think there is a God that I need to placate with ridiculous ceremonies or repetitive brainwashing techniques. I also don't think that God is a source of any problems I might have with my fellow man or the ants that sometimes invade my kitchen.

I do get sad sometimes ,not Gods fault ,it's either me, or circumstances ,such as a death in the family, an illness,or sometimes someone, for no reason that I can think of ,screws me over or betrays me in some way,then I get sad,then I get over it, again not Gods fault

If the religious want to know what Atheists think ,then a good step would be to ask one...........to help you out in your quest to discover what it's like to be an Atheist,I respectfully offer myself ,I will be happy to answer any questions you have about what it's like to be me!

Ask away ,but don't assume ,as you know that just makes an ASS out of U and ME

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
People are different, get over it.
You live vicariously through a 2000 year old book, you are he sad one if anything. Find the strength to make your own way through life instead of turning to an old book or a man with a holyer than thou title.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join