It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Swarm Porto, Portugal 14th and 15th March Mufon reported!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The zoomed version shows me that an object seems to be slivering through the air, the one on the left.

Balloons when going higher will expand due to less outside pressure, hence the balloon pushing out and getting larger until it explodes.

I've seen other clips in the past, within he year, that show similar objects moving and changing shapes in the air.

I'm going with unknown "being" yet to be discovered.

Nice vids.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
As someone who has seen UFO's, those look a lot like balloons, and there is nothing amazing about this "swarm". And then you have a video of a light in the sky, which also is not amazing, from the perspective of someone not at the actual event. Looks like Venus, which is low in the sky to the west, iirc. My first sighting was a brown cigar shaped object with two lights just sitting in the sky totally imobile despite light winds. My second was a very bright blue light with a trail crossing the night sky (about 90º of it), silently, in a few seconds, while doing a very discernable "S" motion, soon followed by a smaller one doing the same thing. It was slower than a meteorite though, with a shorter tail, and I've seen some very big meteorites, especially recently.

I say balloons bobbing in light winds on a grey day.

If you wan't to really spend time with the sky, then start reading up on chemtrails and correlating overflying aircraft with commercial routes, to discover a lot of them don't add up. Easier to find than UFO's and probably more relevant to our day to day life.

You're the MAN!
I know what venus is!!!
If it was Venus it was moving quite fast!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

They could be of different colours, but with that light you (or the camera) could not see the difference.

At what time did this happened?
And if the weather has been the same as here in Almada then it was a clear sky day.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This was posted in Media by SkepticOverlord its almost identical to yours except it has a strange flashing light on it . media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

That I think is just one balloon, one of those solar balloons.

As you can see it is more rigid than the ones from the OP.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

They could be of different colours, but with that light you (or the camera) could not see the difference.

At what time did this happened?
And if the weather has been the same as here in Almada then it was a clear sky day.

It was clear at 18 p.m.
The binoculars sight was pretty much sharp and i can tell you that thing was alive and those were no balloons.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Fair enough, but the point which I'm trying to make is that there is little in the videos that translate to us, that didn't see anything, what you saw or think you saw. I said "looks like venus" not "I'm sure that is venus". The point was the video is completely inconclusive, relying on people telling us what is going on exactly. I saw a bright light and a flashing light at night, that's all I saw in it's 1 minute 11 seconds. Regardless of what it actually might be, it just looks normal.

So while you can be excited by it, and you have all the right to be so, it's hard for impartial observers to join you without better optics.

I'm not against UFO threads, it's just that I would rather have either an eyewitness account without evidence, or good evidence with an eyewitness account. An eyewitness account with weak evidence hurts the whole field, and that's what we have in this thread, and in countless others.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

LOL I think your exactly right ! mystery solved . www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Balloons when going higher will expand due to less outside pressure, hence the balloon pushing out and getting larger until it explodes.
For the balloons to explode they need a big pressure difference between the pressure at which they were inflated (on the ground) and the pressure at which they explode, and at the height these objects on the video were flying the difference in pressure was not relevant, how many times have you seen a balloon breaking loose and what altitude did it achieve, and how many times did you saw a balloon explode?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
At first there was 3 groups,after a while they became 5 .

[edit on 16-3-2009 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
All i can say is i think this whole balloon theory behind it is pretty ridiculous, since when have you seen balloons twisting themselves into different shapes without any kind of input from another force?
If you watch again you can notice that towards the end of the first video (around 2:00 onwards) it starts off as like a loop then starts twisting itself into figures of 8 and other shapes...

Conclusion:
more likely to be an escaped mental hospital patient with a pair of homemade wings made from concrete then balloons

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It looks like a solar balloon. www.solar-balloons.com...

Also, my husband and I released a mylar balloon years ago and sat and watched it for over an hour. It never exploded, it just drifted slowly away; flashing at us everytime the silver side turned our way.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marshy10156
All i can say is i think this whole balloon theory behind it is pretty ridiculous, since when have you seen balloons twisting themselves into different shapes without any kind of input from another force?
The balloon theory does not explain this, but I think the balloons theory does.

Several balloons tied together would move independently as far as they can, when the string that attaches them to the other balloons does not let them move farther away then the whole group moves in a different way.

Maybe this video will show better what I want to say.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you ArMap. I was almost to the point of drawing a picture of the balloons and how they are tied up. I had to do this for a Car Dealership once.
The original video clearly showed to me a line of balloons undulating in the wind as they slowly blew away and I was flabberghasted at the amount of people who just could not see the forest through the trees.

It's my opinion, therefore, that you are entirely correct.

A line of tied balloons.
Sorry OP, it's how I see it.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
É bom saber que aqui também há um pouco do nosso Portugal

Honestly, they look like balloons to me aswell. But I wouldn't bet all my money on that either...

Good to see some UFO activity report outside of the US. You guys aren't the only ones with nice sites for an alien civilization to visit you know

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by marshy10156
The balloon theory does not explain this, but I think the balloons theory does.

Several balloons tied together would move independently as far as they can, when the string that attaches them to the other balloons does not let them move farther away then the whole group moves in a different way.

Maybe this video will show better what I want to say.

Unfortunatetely these balloons in your video ARE NOT flying ArMaP, therefore your
explanation doesn't apply here, invalid evidence and you know it. In order to present
a valid recreation try to find a video of those balloons tied together flying in the sky
describing similar characteristics and movements. There are some good videos on the
Internet but it's your call not mine, keep searching.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's a video of balloons flying. Not as many as in your vid, and not tied as tightly together, but see how they move and make different shapes just like yours?

Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I saw the close up video, and I honestly think they look birds, flying together. The video is absoluetly horrible, because it's jerky, and very unfocused. look at it again, it looks like birds.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I made some close ups and contrast edits to both events.
People were bugging about the poor quality of sundays video and i took some time to adjust every detail.
Note on sunday video(at night) how the object changes direction.
I appreciate all your comments but understand that being a witness is different that watching the media.
I know you do!As i understand you.
Peace

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

I saw the close up video, and I honestly think they look birds, flying together. The video is absoluetly horrible, because it's jerky, and very unfocused. look at it again, it looks like birds.

Man,i can handle the balloons theory but birds????

Were you wearing your glasses???

[edit on 16-3-2009 by upnorthtrip]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join