It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which states are worst for personal freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Which states are worst for personal freedom?

www.worldnetdaily.com

A new study indicates the states with the most freedom are South Dakota, New Hampshire and Colorado, while Americans see the most complete government control of their personal lives in New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, California and Maryland.

"On personal freedom alone, Alaska is the clear winner, while Maryland brings up the rear. As for freedom in the different regions of the country, the Mountain and West North Central regions are the freest overall while the Middle Atlantic lags far behind on both economic and personal freedom," said the study, Freedom in the 50 States: Index of Personal and Economic Freedom.

The study was conducted by Jason Sorens of the University of Buffalo and William P. Ruger of Texas State and release through the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The researchers say their work "presents the first-ever comprehensive ranking of the American states on their public policies affecting individual freedoms in the economic, social, and personal spheres."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
please MODs move that thread to the proper area. I had no idea where should I post it.

here on ATS I can see a lot of concern about the US loosing its liberties and freedom. regarding to all new bills I can not find it difficult to understand. I think that we in Europe had always a little less freedom than in US, so we are more volunerable to the coming restrictions, but is it so?

the question I have personally to my european and american friends is "do you really personally experienced any inconvinience up to now with the new policies your own government has implemented?"

personally I have to say that I did not. I read about it, I can see the documentaries on youtube or so, with evidence given by those affected but frankly it is just like the Si-Fi still to me. so is it?

is Europe really much more strict? I know some laws in US that would never work in Europe - like for example possible charges for having the open bottle of beer in the car, all those crazy payments for "sexual molestation" in a lift or sth, or the astronomus payments for the accident which has happend in store you own. this is pretty insane I would say.

yes, it is hard to get the gun here in Europe but I prefer so than being afraid to jump in the lift with a unknown girl inside.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join