It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Obama wants 'massive expansion' of Federal Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is a saying..."It takes a thief to spot a thief." And when another "thief" is worried about what a fellow "thief" is doing....do not take it lightly. Wisdom is learned from experience...and Cheney and his cronies have a lot of experience behind them.

All politicians have basically the same agenda...SELF SERVICE and PERSONAL POWER. Who better to see what is happening?

~Holly

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And wasn't it the Bush administration that massively expanded the government themselves? Creating the Department of Homeland Security, massively expanding Executive power.

Of course Darth Cheney is upset cause Obama wants to stop torturing POWs.

Anyway, wouldnt massively expanding the government right now create jobs? Who wouldn't want a cushy government job?

Oh, how EASILY we forget. The Department of Homeland Security was created in response to the single worst terrorist attack on American soil in U.S. history. Just after 9/11 happened, I doubt you would have had any objection to a new department being created that wanted to thread out terrorists cells in America.

But of course now that all of the 9/11 hoopla has had time to cool down, it's all meaningless to someone like you, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Old Dick is just pointing out the obvious. Everyone knows the Dems wanted all this pork to pass for years upon years and know they are ramming it through without any consideration to bipartisanship or what the American citizen wants.

Please tell me you approve of giving AIG billions of dollars so they can go on retreats and hand out 100 million in bonuses.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

If you assume Cheney, et al, supported government expansion, how do you explain his criticism?

Or CNN's implicit endorsement of it? (They will NOT broadcast opinions they do not themselves accept.)

Personally, I don't think Cheney wanted big gov't as much as he wanted American domination of global policy. Not necessarily NWO, but N-USA-O.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OP title -

SO did Cheney

WTF???

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Shotgun Dick didn't increase Rx coverage, and he didn't create DHS.
Much of the responsibility for that lays with Congress.
(and they're mostly still in office!)

The executive branch passes no laws.

No, he just wanted his gov't to dominate all the others. Don't have to be big to do that, just ruthlessly independent.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
OP title -

SO did Cheney

WTF???

If the government expansion was kept hidden from the public for the most part, it doesn't really count as "massive expansion" of the federal government. I think that's what dickard is trying to say.

Thus endeth the lesson in bizarro world.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

As far as the supposed Bush/Cheney "expansion" goes, does anyone NOT want their grandpasrents to have access to Rx drugs? Does anyone really believe we didn't need to step up our self-defense a little.

I disagree with a lot of the results- airports and wiretaps come to mind- but otherwise, I didn't notice a "massive expansion."

Just wait. There's more to come. Watch gas and electricity prices this summer if BHO and Chu have their ways.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Cheney is running his mouth about big government now?
Oh Oh, Lord what next? Sheep laying with lions?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If Chaney said the sky was blue, I'd stop believing it. I'm pretty sure he draws his life force by lying and screwing people over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join