It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Obama wants 'massive expansion' of Federal Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Cheney: Obama wants 'massive expansion' of Federal Government

www.politico.com

Vice President Cheney charged Sunday morning that President Obama is using the recession “justify” what is probably the largest expansion of federal authority “in the history of the Republic.” “I worry a lot that they’re using the current set of economic difficulties to try to justify a massive expansion in the government, and much more authority for the government over the private sector,” Cheney said in his interview. “I don’t think that’s good, or going to solve the problem.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politico.com
www.politico.com

[edit on 15-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Cheney is not the only one to take notice of Obama and Co.'s propensity to rule by crisis.

His Chief of Staff, Secretary of State, and he, himself have all noted that 'a crisis is an opportunity' and 'too good to waste:'

Nov. 18, 2008
Rahm Emmanuel: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”

Mar. 6, 2009
Hillary Clinton: “Never waste a good crisis.”

Mar. 8, 2009
Obama: “Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity'”

Perhaps it's already to late to "hope" for meaningful "change."

Maybe all we can do is wait and watch.

Cheney also noted that BHO has made America 'a more dangerous place' to live.

www.politico.com

related posts:

BHO and Bildergergers
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama and Crises

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Cheney!? feckin Cheney?..the only time id take that mans advice is on how to eat baby fetus's for breakfast.Pure publicity stunt..hell i wouldn't be surpised if he is giving obamas team some advice on how to expand government in times of crisis...hint hint.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hypocrite!!!!

Well first of all...this is Cheney. He can burn in hell. The fact that he can even criticize someone else for large government..when he did the same thing himself...is flat out ridiculous.

Big government is wrong....and the public CONTINUES to be wronged because of it!

Cheney is a murderer...why even give this prick the time of day?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Heh... Cheney criticizing Obama & his policies actually makes me feel a lot better about Obama. Maybe there is "still good in him" after all

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Or maybe he is more evil than what Bush and co is/was.

There are always two way you can go.

Cheney is expressing his concerns because of all his preferred stock he has recently gained when he finished up his tenure as VP.

He could very easily get wiped out financially like everyone else if Obama is successful at obtaining his "vision".

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Cheney is not the only one to take notice of Obama and Co.'s propensity to rule by crisis.

His Chief of Staff, Secretary of State, and he, himself have all noted that 'a crisis is an opportunity' and 'too good to waste:'

Nov. 18, 2008
Rahm Emmanuel: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”

Mar. 6, 2009
Hillary Clinton: “Never waste a good crisis.”

Mar. 8, 2009
Obama: “Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity'”

Perhaps it's already to late to "hope" for meaningful "change."

Maybe all we can do is wait and watch.

Cheney also noted that BHO has made America 'a more dangerous place' to live.

www.politico.com

related posts:

BHO and Bildergergers

Obama and Crises

if bush said that or cheney the dems would have been screaming bloody murder during 9-11

[edit on 15-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Me to Cheney;

HEY!

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like we could have never of figured that one without you!

Besides, your a creepy piece of crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah, second to Bush's!!!!

I'm not a fan of Bush or Bama, but it sounds like Dick isn't going to make as much as he had hoped once he got into the private sector again and now he's mad.

And didn't his stock portfolio go up something like 650% from his time in office from giving government no-bid contracts to his buddy's companies? Maybe if we have government employees who get bids from several private companies we won't be paying $750 for a toilet seat anymore!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Cheney!? feckin Cheney?..the only time id take that mans advice is on how to eat baby fetus's for breakfast.Pure publicity stunt..hell i wouldn't be surpised if he is giving obamas team some advice on how to expand government in times of crisis...hint hint.

Exactly. Just be glad that him and the rest of the Bush admin are no longer in power.

Bush and his cronies screwed things up SO MUCH and he has the nerve to actually say he is worried Obama is going to screw things up? HELLO!!!

This is reality cheney. Time to join us here on planet Earth!

The bush Admin was one of the worst in US history and the problems of the last 8 years were caused and influenced largely by the Bush Admin.

Dick Cheney you make me sick. You always have. Anyone who actually thinks that Cheney has any shred of credibility needs to look around and see what has really been happening.

It is no coincidence that the country has gone to hell over the past 8 years the bush admin was in power.

granted I do not know just what Obama can do to fix this but having a democrat in office is atleast a step in the right direction for now.

Certain republicans need to take these next 4-8 years to remember what true republicans believe.

Things are so messed up due to the last 8 years of termoil that I doubt there will be a full fix in 4 years and mabye not even 8. But I think if we quit playing the political game and get moving actually trying to fix this place we will actually accomplish something.

Politicians need to quit playing the blame game and need to quit playing the political game. That game is getting old and needs to stop. It is time to play. LETS FIX the country. That is not a game that Cheney and the former admin wants to play though so it is great that they are out of office.

Now we can start making progress.

and FYI to anyone who believe that the country has been made safer by the Bush Admins stripping of civil liberties and invasions of privacy. IT HAS NOT! It has only hurt us. It has only deminished the constitution and the bill of rights and that is a real shame.

Lets get back to actually following the rules and not trying to find loop holes so you can get around all kinds of laws that are in place to keep from destroying the country.

lets get on with it, and quit playing this politics game.

Doesnt the fix the country and make progress game sound like a fun game? I think so.

TO whom it may concern, In 2000 my views were more republican, but after the past 8 years I realized just how ludacris things have been going and some where around 2004-2005 My views started moving more and more to the left. There is a reason for that. and that reason has been stated numerous times in my post.

Rant over. If you read this whole thing...Congratulations.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
stop the hate wishing someone one else illwill is noway to live.

hate leads to hate people stop that your free to not like someone but hatred goes to far.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you are still willing to hear anything Cheney has to say about anything...

I have nothing else to add.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Like him or hate him he is speaking the truth. The POTUS only sets up things for the next guy. What started with Bush and Cheney will only continue with Obama and his lacky. It's the facts of life people learn it or get over it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by irish mick
Sometimes the truth comes from the strangest places. This was broadcast and sponsored by CNN! Not a "Bush lacky," but an Obama supporter and endorser. They even let him describe how much the new admin. has hurt security besides the financial mess and reversion to Greenspanomics/Clintonomics and worse.

The message is the point here, not the messenger!

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Hypocrite!!!!

Cheney is a murderer...

Not until proven in a court of law, he isn't. The man may be scum, but if Gitmo detainees get Constitutional rights you have to remember that he does too, including a right to a fair trial, if charges were ever brought. Until then, it's just calling him a murderer is just your opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I cannot really understand why a man like cheney still talks, he and his criminal friends have had their time and that time is over. Dear cheney be gone already please, we have seen what you and your deviant friends tried and it did not succeed so now go burry yourself somewhere real deep and really away from any civilisation since your party is not welcome here before you have learned to act civilized.

Best regards.

Loke.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
As much as it makes me want to PUKE for agreeing with anything that vile man has to say he is right. It is happening as we speak or has already happened. There is an article in the WSJ about Obama and co giving the "privately owned By foreign bankers" federal reserve the power to take over our system when they see fit.

clipppyyyy

The Obama administration, moving with increasing speed, has inked the main contours of its plan to revamp financial-market oversight -- changes that will ripple through the economy, affecting everything from the operations of international banks to consumer protection.

The principles include giving the Federal Reserve new powers that include authority to monitor and address broad risks across the economy, say people familiar with the matter. The proposals are expected to include tougher capital requirements for big banks and authority for regulators to take over a large financial firm that is failing.
"We want to accelerate the pace of change on the reform agenda," Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said in an interview after a meeting of the Group of 20 finance ministers and central bankers over the weekend. Mr. Geithner was pressed for action on the regulatory front at the meeting, held just outside London. The administration's goal is to unveil its proposals before G-20 heads of state meet April 2, to wrest leadership of the thorny topic.

online.wsj.com...

RIPPLE THROUGH THE ECONOMY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! Am I the only one who see's where this is going?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And wasn't it the Bush administration that massively expanded the government themselves? Creating the Department of Homeland Security, massively expanding Executive power.

Of course Darth Cheney is upset cause Obama wants to stop torturing POWs.

Anyway, wouldnt massively expanding the government right now create jobs? Who wouldn't want a cushy government job?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
As much as it makes me want to PUKE for agreeing with anything that vile man has to say he is right.

Yep.

He's right. And to those who don't like him ... even a blind pig finds an acorn now and again.

The best government is the government that governs least.
Obama = typical tax and spend, soak the rich, big government.
It's just a fact. One that Cheney didn't miss.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
He's absolutely right.

Then again, he's probably a hypocrite for saying it. Though Obama is driving the country completely over the cliff, the Bush administration wasn't exactly known for fiscal responsibility, either. Now perhaps Cheney didn't agree with that, but he should've spoken up at the time it was happening if that were the case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join