It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is The National UFO Reporting Center not updating their reports?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The National UFO Reporting Center did not update their website since January 10th, 2009.

What is really going on?

www.nuforc.org...

How hard is it to just simply update reports online that were already typed down and filed?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So, I guess no one knows? Why am I the only person bringing this topic up? Isn't UFO sightings on the rise?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems to be a civilian owned website using the name national.

I'd just keep looking at MUFON.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So, MUFON is now our only hope to know what's going on? Why did I waste my time only reporting to the other one just to find out that out of the blue that they would quit there entire operation? Now the 2 UFO sightings reports for this year that I had are lost in cyberspace and may never be seen by the public.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why not simlply contact Mr. Davenport of NUFORC? I don't recall a big staff working on it, and there could be many reasons for the lag....

Director : Peter Davenport - bio
[email protected]

Webmaster : Christian Stepien
[email protected]

National UFO Reporting Center
P. O. Box 700
Davenport, WA 99122

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If what's left of my memory serves correct (after having watched a short blip on TV about NUFORC), I think the Center is basically operated by one person.

It consists of a computer where sightings are received over the net, as well as a telephone answering system designed to take basic "Hot" sightings.

Now, that may sound too simple, but it is designed in such a way to make it work in a "streamline way" for a very basic staff to operate.

I honestly believe and trust in NUFORC, & have for years. I have only the best to say about how it has operated it's business in the past years. But I must say, without equivocation, that this present situation concerning the updating of records is cause for ALARM.

We can all jump to abstract scenarios here... and even I can succumb as well:
1. Possible sickness or family related issues.
2. Financial issues especially at this juncture, (considering Davenport's business ventures, i.e. his bio states that he has 300 employees in the private sector).
3. ...and then comes the possible dark convoluted scenarios...
.......His Biographic states: Link: www.nuforc.org...
Presents lectures on specific UFO cases
Peter has served as the director of investigations for the Washington Chapter of the Mutual UFO Network
Active interest in the UFO phenomenon from his early boyhood
Has been witness to several anomalous events, possibly UFO related, including a dramatic sighting over Baja California in February 1990, and several nighttime sightings over Washington State during 1992
Bachelor’s degrees in both Russian and biology
Translator’s certificate in Russian translation
MS. degree in the genetics and biochemistry of fish from the College of Fisheries
M.B.A. degree in finance and international business from the Graduate School of Business
Peter has worked as a college instructor
Commercial fisherman
Russian translator in the Soviet Union
Fisheries observer aboard Soviet fishing vessels
Flight instructor
Business
Founding president of a Seattle-based biotechnology company, which currently employs over 300 scientists and technicians
In 1986, Peter was a candidate for the Washington State legislature, and in 1992, he was a candidate for the U. S. House of Representatives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quite a self motivated gentleman. And I might add, as an opinion, qualifies as a philantropist, having acquired a decommissioned nuclear missile bunker, for the use of gathering & collection of sensitive reports on UFOs across the USA & the globe.

Any opinions, bells, whistles, or alarms...anyone?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

A star & flag for you!

Also a well deserved "thank you" for finding & making an assessment on the lack of updates.

Let's hope that we can get to the bottom of this soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sent an e-mail, will let you know if there's a response.

He's a pretty busy guy from what I can tell, so who knows. I hope all is well with him and his.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have taken your well deserved advise by sending a message of inquiry to NUFORC.

Ref:
[email protected]

top topics

join