It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that guns SAVE lives.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm not sure how to embed a video here so here is the link:
www.youtube.com...

As the description says, it's a bit long, but well worth the wait. When people tell you that there is no need to carry a gun, or that guns only encourage more violence, please refer them to this video. As a supporter of gun rights up here i the great white north, I certainly got a kick out of this video and I'm sure a lot of you will too. As they say, an armed society is a polite one.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree that guns should be owned by intelligent, common sense individuals for the purpose of protecting themselves from their government as the Constitution originally intented.

However the statement that guns save lives is a little silly. Guns were created with the intent to kill. As a better tool of war, where the point is to kill more guys on the other side than your guys on this side.

Guns kill people. People using guns for their INTENTED purpose in times of necessity save other people.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I agree that guns should be owned by intelligent, common sense individuals for the purpose of protecting themselves from their government as the Constitution originally intented.

However the statement that guns save lives is a little silly. Guns were created with the intent to kill. As a better tool of war, where the point is to kill more guys on the other side than your guys on this side.

Guns kill people. People using guns for their INTENTED purpose in times of necessity save other people.

~Keeper

i agree

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I lol'd so hard.

Especially when he turned it around on them and took the guy's camera.

On the other hand though, it wouldn't have been so funny if he didn't have the gun and the rednecks split his head open right in front of his wife.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hear what your saying, I obviously (I hope) didn't mean to imply that a guns raison d'etre was to somehow miraculously heal people. But if you've watched the video, a gun is the only thing that prevents this guys skull from getting busted open. No one gets shot, no one gets killed, precisely because of the reasonable and responsible use of a firearm. Watch the entire video. Tell me what you think the outcome would have been if no guns were involved.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I love that video and have gotten a good laugh out of it.
If the guy didn't have a gun those 2 rednecks would have beat the hell out of him.
Who knows what they would have done to the girl.
They got what was coming to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

~Keeper

Guns do save lives. They save them when someone takes the responsibility to kill a person who would do harm or has harmed without reason.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If guns made a western society safer, then the US should be safer than the UK who has some bloody awefully restricive and ineffective gun laws., Over the last five years an average of 200 people a year dies in the UK, in a population of 60 million people. The wonderful US of H has a population FIVE and a bit times great than the UK at 320 million people. according if its safer it should have a gun casualty rate of five times the UKs figure of 200 IE a 1000 dead a year. But its losing over 30,000 of its citizens to gun violence a year, in fact its lost over 149,000 in the last five and a half years.

Guns dont make people safer thats just a rather shallow excuse for gun owners to keep their guns at home, which in a free nation you should be able to do. The 30,000 deaths is just the price most americans are willing to pay each year to stay armed in case the British come back. ( thats what the original document was meant to cover, an armed militia to keep us Brits out, hardly likely 300 years later)

The Right to Keep and Bare arms is simply a quirk of history that Americans should be allowed to uphold as a cultural foundation, but guns do not save lives, if they do then pencils cause bad spelling.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

The gun didn't shoot the person, the person holding the gun shot the person.

People kill people. As I stated above, the use of guns when in the right circumstances can save lives. But ultimately the decision is made by the human being and not the firearm.

They're existance is a result of a need to kill more effectively, not to save lives more effectively.

If both of those people would have had guns in the video, do you think things would have gone that smoothly? Don't you think there would have been a loss of life? So who was protected then? Everybody looses when even one single life is lost in the grand scheme of things.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
If guns made a western society safer, then the US should be safer than the UK who has some bloody awefully restricive and ineffective gun laws., Over the last five years an average of 200 people a year dies in the UK, in a population of 60 million people. The wonderful US of H has a population FIVE and a bit times great than the UK at 320 million people. according if its safer it should have a gun casualty rate of five times the UKs figure of 200 IE a 1000 dead a year. But its losing over 30,000 of its citizens to gun violence a year, in fact its lost over 149,000 in the last five and a half years.

Guns dont make people safer thats just a rather shallow excuse for gun owners to keep their guns at home, which in a free nation you should be able to do. The 30,000 deaths is just the price most americans are willing to pay each year to stay armed in case the British come back. ( thats what the original document was meant to cover, an armed militia to keep us Brits out, hardly likely 300 years later)

The Right to Keep and Bare arms is simply a quirk of history that Americans should be allowed to uphold as a cultural foundation, but guns do not save lives, if they do then pencils cause bad spelling.

And how many of those, do you suppose, is due to influx of drug gangs from Mexico. Guns are a good deterrent for crime. Many of those gun deaths happen where there is a high population of illegals.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

It's not the Brits coming back the authors of the constitution were worried about, especially since the Brits got their got spanking.

The worry was the new goverment may become oppressive similar to the Brits.

The posting of this thread really misses the mark, because just as guns do not kill people guns do not save people (to echo prior postings).

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Protostellar]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

This was great. The attitude change these guys illustrates perfectly the wishy washy mentality of bullies. Oh yeah, they got real nice when they found out they were messin' with a smarter Alpha.

As far as guns saving lives, it really doesn't take much logic to figure this one out. It comes down to who owns the guns, plain and simple. The good guys use guns to save lives, and saving lives is what they do with them to a provable effect, and bad guys use them to take lives or use the threat of force to accomplish their goals. So guns have saved lives. They just have, and will continue to do so. A good example is the use of guns to protect your home. I am positive that many a home invader was prevented from rapine and murder because someone who cares about his family had the foresight and wisdom to arm himself.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

I am not stating that you are wrong, you are quite right.

But GUNS themselves have never saved anybody, it's the USE of them by PEOPLE that either save or destroy lives.

If we didn't have guns we'd be hitting eachother with sticks, it still would not be the stick saving lives it would be the guy wielding the stick fighting off his attacker that saves the life.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Don't mess with Texas.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But GUNS themselves have never saved anybody, it's the USE of them by PEOPLE that either save or destroy lives.

If we didn't have guns we'd be hitting eachother with sticks, it still would not be the stick saving lives it would be the guy wielding the stick fighting off his attacker that saves the life.

Yes, your absolutely right. Why is it people insist on taking every statement so literally? Would it make you happy if I retitled this thread to "Proof that people can use guns to save lives"? The point is that the prohibition on the concealed carry of firearms makes no one but the criminally minded safer. We cannot eliminate every single gun (or stick or knife or folding chair) on the planet. Allowing law abiding people to carry what only makes them equal to those that would do them harm is not an unreasonable thing to expect is it?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Not at all, I agree with you. I'm just sick of people thinking that an object can be the cause of anything good or bad. It's the intent within us humans that causes good or bad situations.

When reviewing these types of things we need study the behaviour that is brought on by guns and the like and we need to fit our laws accordingly.

And actually would you please change the title. It keeps people like me from getting upset
. J/K

~Keeper

[edit on 3/15/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this video and felt the adrenalin slowly building as it played out. It was nice to see a firearm being used to peacefully end a potentially lethal situation, and all without being discharged. A testament to gun self protection when it really is needed. Star 4 u.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

HOAX.

Sorry, but this video has been running around on the YouTube community for years. The video was originally a skit done by 4 friends. It gained popularity when somebody posted it on Break.com with the URL watermark blotched out, and has been a popular "viral" video ever since.

The one posted here is an edited version, the URL at the top is not the original URL related to the site. Also, the beginning of the video was cut off to make it look more like a home video.

www.cracked.com...
www.wittkopp.net...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Hmmm. Well that certainly takes the sting out of my whole argument. Sorry folks!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There you go Orwell

Guns kill guns save. It all depends on who is using the gun and why. Everyone on Earth deserves the rite to own a gun. It is a rite that should never be taken away from those of us who can responsibly on them.

Me should of read the thread before posting. Oh well here's the video anyway.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join