It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Time for a New Political Party?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I never said it works perfectly. I said it works responsively. The response may not always be the desired one, but that's what elections and discussions are for.

Calling and writing do have an effect. We stopped the 2006/7 Amnesty Bill by flooding the phone lines and fax lines with objections.

The problem is, not enough people do it consistently.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well I am with you on that. I was at the protest marches here in Atlanta, and the politicians did get the message. Don't forget though that the first amnesty bill was shot down and then they put forward another one. They thought that the protests would lose steam after an easy victory and then they could sneak the second bill through during a midnight session.

It was during the amnesty fight that I first thought of the Integrity Party. It was obvious to me that our elected officials had no integrity at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There are many points of view.

I feel that I represent 'most people' when I say that I only read the OP and nothing else.

Simplify things for me please. I don't want to have to spend more time on which way to vote than anything else. I want some simple choices to make. I don't want to "change' the world, I just want something easy so that I don't have to spend any time on this.

Oh.. 2 choices. Democrat or Republican.

Well that's easy. My family is voting this way, so I will to.

Sorry,
***hole

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Well, if you think that the two party system is working for you, then by all means keep doing what you're doing.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
politics is about faith

the monitary system is a faith based system

religion is a faith based system

faith based systems are illogical

the only system that could be anything like logical would be the most successful

Nature already has it covered

man is the problem

[edit on 21-3-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes, it's time.

And for a new candidate. Somebody new. NOT Ron Paul.

I can't believe people are talking about him running in 2012 after what he did in 2008.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Yes, I agree we need new blood in the political system. I don't think that you can reform the current crop of crooks, since anyone who has spent time in the current political climate has been corrupted.

I think thta John McCain is a great case in point, he was a good and honorable man for years, then he changed, left his wife, married a woman half his age, took part in the Keating Five scandal, and when he got caught he blamed the system of corruption. He may have had a point that good people are being corrupted, but once corrupted they cannot be trusted again.

To make amends he co-sponsored the campaign finance reform bill which has actually caused even more corruption through the 501C3 loopholes.

Through all of this the political parties sat back and did nothing to prevent the further corruption of our system. They see it as a benefit of high office and they support any law that enables the current crop of crooks to keep their jobs.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I say Alex Jones for president.

He'd be great. And we would WIN.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What we need is some SERIOUS, HARD CORE campaign finance reform. If corporations and wealthy individuals were not allowed to funnel massive amounts of money to these corrupt politicians, they would be more willing to do what they are elected to do.

A new political party might work for a while, but as long as the wealthy/elite/corporations/etc. can continue to buy a politician, in time, a new party would be just as bad as what we have now.

I don't know how we're gonna do it, but we have to get organized, get people educated and demand that these corrupt bottom feeding criminals be tossed out of our government, tried for their bribes and corruption and convicted.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There are quite a few fledgling parties out there.
A couple that I've looked into are:
The American Centrist Party
www.americancentristparty.net...
and
The Constitutional Party
www.constitutionparty.com...

Of the these two, the ACP is more moderate. The CP is more right wing.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The Last thing we need is another Party to divide the county, While we are busy Bickering the government is working togeather, yes I said togeather both Democrats and republicans are working with each other to take away our freedoms and grant them selves more power.

The party system is a failure and should be abolished imagine if each candidate had to stand on the issues alone, but then they might actually have to follow thru on their campaign promises!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

The Last thing we need is another Party to divide the county, While we are busy Bickering the government is working togeather, yes I said togeather both Democrats and republicans are working with each other to take away our freedoms and grant them selves more power.

The party system is a failure and should be abolished imagine if each candidate had to stand on the issues alone, but then they might actually have to follow thru on their campaign promises!

Right. Jesse Ventura beat the system because as a candidate he captured the people's imagination and enthusiasm.

Alex Jones would do the same thing. And Alex would know exactly what to do to fix the country, and he would unite people. Alex is very diplomatic and very smart and understands better than anybody what is wrong with our country.

What we need is a candidate, not another party. We already have four other parties -- the Constitution Party, the Green Party, Libertarian Party, and Ralph Nadar's party whatever that is.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
If you have been following politcs for an length of time, then you are probably just as disgusted by it as I am.

Whether you are a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green, or Independent. You will probably have to agree that we are not being represented by our current political parties.

Agreed.

Briefly stated no one is trusting either main party Republican or Democrat.
They come across as nearly identical in their criminal activities.

[color=grey]Libertarian? Too hard to pronounce definitely too hard for high school graduates to spell.

Green? This is a color.

Independent? This sounds like a virtual hermitage. Nothing unifying there.

[color=gold]Centerist

Now there's a catchy easy to spell and pronounce and understand label that everyone can believe in and more importantly relate to.

It has no baggage associated with it. If you say the word Centerist fast it rolls off of your tongue.

It means that you've detached from the main criminal elements of the main parties and you want to stick to the foundation of our founding fathers charter. They really were absolutely brilliant.

Ok. There's a great answer. Maybe someone can make a flag for the new party? Then a flag bearer needs to be appointed.

» US Constitution... «

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

On the subject of campaign finance reform. I would like to see a law that states that only registered voters, or those qualified to be registered voters, can contribute to political campaigns. This would cut out all organizations, such as corporations, unions, 501C3s, churches, and other special interest groups. Of course the politicians are not going to go for it, they feather their nests with money from the big organizations.

We will need to get a foothold in government through a new party, before we will be able to reform the campaign contributions game.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

On the subject of a flag for the new party. I have always been partial to the rattlesnake flag, with the words "Don't Tread On Me". In fact, I am adopting it as my Avatar.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I like the [color=gold]GOLD color... not that it signifies real gold per se but
everyone can realate to gold; no other party uses it... Except as a fringe accent
and there are always countless [color=gold]GOLD strands representing countless Americans

Even many of our ceremonial Stars & Stripes have that nice fringe.

One catch phrase for the Centerist party could be [color=gold]Janitors [color=gold]Of the [color=gold]United [color=gold]STates
Cleaning up the criminal element of government.

Need a bunch of lawyers to start a sweeping impeachment proceeding on all current sitting officials.

Ya think that would get their attention? The State Sovereignty movement may peter out. May lack teeth.

As you can see I'm just an amateur.

Rather than an all white flag which mainstream seems to be waving;
a solid gold flag. Easy to see; representing a [color=gold]GOLD (& silver) standard.

I wonder how many people would take a new - center of the highway - common sense -
clean up party seriously.

Not LEFT ... Not RIGHT ... Just CORRECT.

[edit on 3·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 3·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join