It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeds of Homosexuality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In 1904, Sigmund Freud confessed that he himself was Bi-Sexual and that all "normal males" were also Bi Sexual--- if left to their own devices, i.e. without SOCIETY telling a man (or woman!) what to do in bed....or on the couch...or in the swimming pool...or on the office desk..or swinging from a chandelier for that matter !

But Society has a powerful influence on the way people behave within the group..epecially under the heading of "taboos".

I once had a Professor tell me when I was at University in Britain that "there was NO SUCH THING as "HomoSexuality... "

And, that there was also NO SUCH THING as "HeteroSexuality..."

He told me, There is JUST SEXUALITY... " and in most cases with homo sapiens sapiens (that's humans!) it can---and often does--- "swing both ways."

People will always tend to have their own "preferences" towards one expression or the other, but most humans (as the Kinsey Report figured out in the late 1950s) are somewhere in the middle.

It is SOCIETY that tends humans towards heterosexuality in order to increase the number of that Society.

There is NO SUCH THING AS A PURE HETEROSEXUAL or a PURE HOMOSEXUAL in a kind of BLACK AND WHITE Scenario:

Think of it as a Sliding Scale with Varying Shades of Gray.

And Americans just have to get over their squeamish "Puritanism" when it comes to SEXUALITY in general, and just LIVE AND LET LIVE, with perhaps adding a caveat "For Consenting Adults only..." !!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Lol no dont owrry it weasnt jerry springer, it was this show that helped people improve ther self asteem and get out there and meet people.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Re: to the comment that bisexuals are just horny!

Gay Teenager,
You have it easy, You know you are gay. Try being truley Bisexual and then tell me how hard life will be. Its not about being "horny" Its about the feeling that conciously you know that you are attracted to both sex's. Male or Female. But in reality you have to choose one. Relatiionships will always be a couple either MM MF FF FM this in turn makes you live a life of doubt. I have been BIsexual since I was 15 years old. I have had relations with men and women, I have been in love as well, but when all said in done and you know you want to settle down and have a true relationship you make a choice of either a male or a female which in turn will always make you doubt if the choice was right.

Live with that. And this should make you realise that Bisexuals are just not horny...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I would have though that being bisexual would be the best. I mean, you got the most choice out of anyone!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

m writing this as a gay teenager:

Both sides are true.

Some are definetely born that way (as i am), and alot of the gay people i know wish that they were straight so they would have a simpler life....so if it was a concious decision why would they wish that?

Then there are others who are basically bisexual, the ones that are just so horny that they will take anything, and thats what makes heterosexuals believe that being gay is just a 'hobby' or something...

I guess people really wont understand unless they were themselves gay.

Do you know inside you why do you need to behave like a woman?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Earthtone
Its not that easy, Yes its great knowing you can be with whom ever you want, but when you are in a faithful relationship there is still a thing called "cheating" so in turn you still have to choose either a male or a female. Now if you want to stay single well then yes it is the best of both worlds, but does anyone really want to live thier life alone without a true soul mate?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What you view as a soul mate is someone you can be sexual intimate with.

Monks go without that but ive heard them speak as soul mates as simply people we go through our physical existances with.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A choice? Maybe I'm silly, but who would choose to live a life where you are often required to lie about who you are, experience scorn and hatred, hide your love for your partner everytime you are outside, fear physical harm in social situations, etc etc.

If there was a pill created to make us straight maybe it would be taken. I think most would refuse. citing the intelligence received from living this kind of life. I mean where else do we see people claiming to be righteous full of hate and venom? Perhaps this life is closer to the reality of who people really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join