It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you care about us young people ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't argue with much of anything Ms. Suzuki had to say, except for the one world acting together overtones of her speech. I fear the authoritarian tendancies of the green movement and wonder if it is not serving as cover for a more sinister sort of authoritarianism.

The greatest achievements of mankind have not been realised through one world acting together. To date, the most significant things that one world acting together have achieved are world wars.

The vast majority of good things achieved in the world result from one person acting on his/her own or in groups or as individual countries, while the rest play follow the leader. Redundancy of effort is a good thing.

Redundancy of effort is nature's way, in fact.

I'm not in favor of putting all of anything into one basket. Other than the one world aspect of her message, I agree with Ms. Suzuki that we should do our utmost to conserve the planet and to share with the less fortunate.

Edit: I thought I should add that the biggest crime against humanity to date, in our young century, the war in Iraq, which has been estimated to have killed approximately one million people, is being perpetrated by one worldists.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Seen it linked on ATS before and it got me then, gets me more now.

To those who boil down her argument to global warming, watch it again. She doesn't speak of just global warming (which i think is a natural process), she talks of chemical pollution, fish with cancers, deforestation and many other things.

Forget global warming and just take a look at the basic pollution levels, heavy metals being released into streams, fertilizers causing algae blooms that clog rivers and starve fish of oxygen.

Global warming? That's the tip of a very large iceberg.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
that's not called "being awake"
it's called being brainwashed and manipulated.

Great message
but don't send an innocent child to do a corrupt adults job.

Sickening.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Old people are so afraid to admit when someone younger than them is more responsible and intelligent than they are.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Old people are so afraid to admit when someone younger than them is more responsible and intelligent than they are.

not always true.

You can detect total signs of manipulation here, as you picture the snot-nosed mom setting in the audience reciting each line, word for word, from the script shoved down this child's nose.

I, for one, don't buy into this crap that "all children are sacred"
I believe children are our future, however, so don't get me wrong as some cold hearted child hater.

What im angry with is the parents shovel feeding this garbage to their children.

Global warming is a term that man-kind has associated with a natural process the planet has gone through who knows how many times (pick up a geology book, or an ancient history book, hell...pick up a book about the dinosaurs)

But now, since we can make some money off it, lets call it man-made.

Man is a pompous ass blow hard if we really think we can have such a detrimental impact on something as large, intricate, and self-sustaining as planet earth.

The lessons of "use less, save more, conserve" are wonderful things that we should all indoctrinate, however, this is taking it too far.

Wonderful idea's, piss-poor presentation.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

All parents can DO is shovel feed garbage. Christians, Pagans, Ecofreaks, all shovel their beliefs into their children's heads. It'd be impossible NOT to, since if you actually believe in something it consumes your whole life.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

All parents can DO is shovel feed garbage.

I remember someone once saying that when they turned 14, their parents became mentally ill. When they made it to 25, their parents suddenly became wise.

It seems that the vast majority, if not all, children at some point believe they can do much better than the generations that preceded them. In some cases, this is true. Every generation brings change to our society. I always get a happy feeling when I see bright young people exploring their new-found world and seeing possibilities that we, the older generation, have overlooked. This forms the basis for most new scientific discoveries and social successes.

But there is a drawback to this: not every idea is new. Not every concept formed in a young mind will bear good fruit, in any generation. It is not only the right of the previous generation(s), but also their duty to speak up when an older failed idea is presented as new and infallible, or when a new idea is presented that has flaws.

Now you can say that this is a sign of the lack of intelligence on the part of the older generations, but that simply marks you as closed-minded to other ideas and immature enough to not be able to see the entire cycle of the generations. Human progress comes not just in massive leaps of inspiration; that is the noteworthy exception that is typically sensationalized. Instead, progress comes from slow careful advancement, based both on wisdom from those who came before and new insight into what they have learned. Your generation did not have to discover fire; it was already discovered and it was already being used to keep you warm and to cook your food. If the above was not true, you would have grown up cold and hungry, waiting for someone to again discover this elusive secret of fire.

In the case of this video, we are seeing something instilled in children that is not only false, but horrible. That thing is FEAR. This poor girl is deathly afraid of her planet and of everyone else who does not agree with her. Someone has taken her childhood, her free spirit, and squashed it like a cockroach in order to further a closed-miinded view of life that they either accept as truth without question or consideration, or more probably IMHO that they are profiting on. This is nothing more than child abuse, of the worst kind. She will now continue to be indoctrinated in this fear until the day she, now as an adult, realizes that she has missed her entire youth and a huge part of her life chasing an unspecified lie.

She made no specific recommendations as to what she wants accomplished, She made no specific recommendations as to what she considers to be the problem to be addressed. Her entire speech boils down to one simple sentence: "I am scared, and I want you to make me not scared any more".

Now exactly how are we to accomplish such a goal?

I urge you to and every young person to continue thinking those new thoughts and proposing new ideas. But I also encourage them (and you) to think things through and listen carefully to those who came before, lest your shiny new pathway be in reality a mudpit that was known to be so generations ago.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join