It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Hi ya Whisper:

Question - You asked us what we wanted to *do* in your next post and I was thinking as Attendant to Ship you would order me to look over Ships *wounds*...

But then I read Antar's post (after I put in my suggestino to you) and Antars post got me thinking.

Would helping Ship with it's wounds be Antar's job, or mine?

The Ship is live, yes, and I’m attendant to Ship - but - Antar’s the Healer...

So Antar, how would it work?

You do the healing and I stand by in case you need something?

Leave you to it and check with Ship - like a nurse/orderly following a doctors orders? (That sounds right...?...?)?

What do you suggest?

I'm ready to write after I get your input -

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like that Silo! I had already thought about what you said about me reprimanding Silo in the post...I was thinking more that I would address you as like hey, whatcha doin talkin to intruders...and btw...glad to see you were okay with a lil tentacle slap on the back lol crew bonding lol

So glad you released Darus antar - he's getting a promotion!

Deson - I have a thread idea for you but, it's pages back and I'll repost in the working thread tonight. =) No worries, Deson - not a work request but something we need and something hopefully you could benefit from. ::shakes her bags of stars:: Ooo lookie there! A flag fell out!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by silo13

Deson - I have a thread idea for you but, it's pages back and I'll repost in the working thread tonight. =) No worries, Deson - not a work request but something we need and something hopefully you could benefit from. ::shakes her bags of stars:: Ooo lookie there! A flag fell out!

Sound good to me. Whatever it is. Feel free to repost it here and send me a U2U letting me know that it's there. Be advised is that likely tomorrow, I'll be helping my friends finish moving so I may not have access my graphics program and maybe some net time access, I'm not sure how much though for a couple of days. I'll check in when I can though.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
With absolutely no offense intended to Scurvy, I think it may be time for a new Captain to be elected for the Yydryl or at the very least another acting Captain.

Maybe I'm just impatient as all get out, but it has been quite a few days now.

Again, no offense intended, especially if people are extremely busy. Real life is a huge juggling game.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Hey Luder... I in NO WAY can or want to be captain, "I don't know nothing bout no starship"
but I will answer you back and leave it open, if everyone is cool with that.

I will have to give it a little thought, try to by morning PST time.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

It's alright - lol - I can go off on a tangent with the whole M-Class planet thing to fill the time up, I just worry that we're losing the thread here sometimes.

I also worry sometimes that I post too much. I don't want to seem like a spotlight hog or anything, I just have a lot of ideas and story material to throw into the mix, especially as filler.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I don't want a new Captain either - and I understand the RI issues come up - but I see your point with the whole of the Penelope crew waiting and some not being able to post at all.

With the bad luck the Yydryl is having with Captains maybe it's time to make Ship the Captain. (see Explanation please)

She can be a working (live) vessel that makes her decisions by collective input from the whole crew.

All of the crew can collaborate on what Ship *says* or *does* next - take turns acting as *Ships Voice*???

Example: (I hope this makes sense)...

Since Whisper is *head* of last posting section (Security Officer in a invasion scene) Whisper would incorporate Ships response into her post.

If the a health issue rocks the Ship - Antar would *voice* for Ship. (It would make sense Antar voices next for Ship as there are people in sickbay and she’s going to need to *heal* Ship).

Cindymars - In an instance when there are visitors aboard or the crew is taking R&R.(I would think then Cindymars turn to incorporate Ships voice in her post as we were all headed to a combined *dinner* between the two crews when the dust of battle settles).

Attendant to Ship? Only in doing business pertaining to the needs of Ship - like taking on or heading for supplies, etc.

The Whales - for navigation purposes - whoever wants to step up and take the post for the Whales *voice*.

Why can't we be a crew with no Captain, looking for our Captain (we all started out looking for Cadbury right)?

And after loosing all the other Captains it would make sense? Go without a Captain, use Ships *voice* as acting Captain and have input from all of us concerning the direction we take to move forward?

?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The crew of the Yydyrl have yet not failed to amaze me with the wild ideas you come up with.

That is a very original idea. I think it would probably be the best bet for your situation, especially with the lack of Captains.

I know I'm not stationed aboard the ship, but its definitely a good solution.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Star silo very good idea. I don't know if it will pass muster but you never know.
Some of the better ideas at first seem a little odd.

That was very outside the box

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Penelope crew, I just sent a mass U2U to you regarding some stuff.

Let me know what you all think.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Isn't this cool...

Where could the Penelope and the Yydryl find something like this???

Enjoy

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Response sent via email. (The @yahoo.com one.)

Unrelated:

Originally posted by mf_luder
I also worry sometimes that I post too much. I don't want to seem like a spotlight hog or anything, I just have a lot of ideas and story material to throw into the mix, especially as filler.

I feel the same way a lot of times. That's why I keep apologizing for posting really long posts.

Plus:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here's the idea I had Deson:

Originally posted by Whisper67

Also, I had an idea but would like to leave it for Deson. Mostly because I feel like with all his work he could use some stars and flags he should start the thread. I'd like to see a thead called something like "Yydryl: A ship companion" Around my house, we have several books on Star Wars and Star Trek of the actual ships and specs of those ships. Not that we have to get that technical but, I think having a general outline or map would be good as well as each member of the Yydryl can post any pictures they have. Remember how much trouble we all had locating The Swamp? LOL I think I've only ever mentioned that crew quarters were on deck 6. Other then that, I don't think there's anything in writing about where anything is - we could all contribute to the overall layout of the ship design.

As far as the warp core, these are usually in the center of the ship so we could do one of two things - silo if you were to build a temple in the center of the jungle, engineering and the warp core could be housed in there or we could just put the warp core some where else on the ship. Again, these are just brainstorming ideas.

But, Deson if you'd like to start this thread - I'd like you to have the accolades that come with - not saying you have to do all the work. And not that all things have to come with a picture either. We can make descriptions of our quarters - anything and everything. Deson you could repost the pics you already have of the elevators and such. Whatcha guys think?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
>snip<

[edit on 5/28/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Cindy either intentionally - or - (there's that synchronicity again) - kind'a fell into what I was talking about in her last thread - she made a great reference to Scurvy and what he’s up to.

If the rest of us keep telling the readers what Scurvy's doing - until he gets back - we‘ll be in practice to take control of Ship if the poor Yydryl looses another Captain (I hope not).

I'm not trying to plan out - or order out how it should go by any means - I'm just sayin since it worked for Cindymars maybe we can make it work for the rest of us...

Whisper you’re posting next from what you said - are you going to make reference to Scurvy too?

If Antar agrees we could keep this up for a bit and not hold up the Penny?

As for me I can’t post until I get some feedback from Antar. By the way - has anyone seen Antar? I sent a U2U about the *healing of Ship* - (her job description in relation to relation to mine) - and - I’ve posted here in the working thread but I’ve not heard back from her.
Is everything ok? Don’t tell me we’ll loose a Healer and Captain!!! :O

As for Luder - what do we need him for Ladies! - (*sticks out tongue in Luder’s general direction*)? (*jk*)

PS Whisper - I think the idea of getting Pirated by the Penelope is great, but... That's all I can say for the moment - Great ideas you had there about how we could all work together through.

peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I had the most hysterical idea. Not that we should use it. Ship doesn't want a Captain so like the Raith on Stargate Atlantis it cacoons them in gelatinous pods. LOL

Hope Scurvy doesn't mind I left it open ended.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Ewwwww that sounds disgusting!

I'm going to have to look up some of these shows you all are talking about.
I know NOTHING about Farscape and Stargate Atlantis.

I'm beginning to think you're right though - Ship doesn't want a single Captain (but herself ) - with all of us *speaking* for her...

Eeek! Sticking them in jello pods - ew ew ew ew ewwww...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Move along, nothing to see here

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Whisper - Oh that's all good.

I asked because you had asked all of us what we wanted to see in your *big post* and I wasn't sure if Scurvy was in there too...

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to push it at all - just saying there are some options if something goes wrong.

After our track record with Captains I’m sure you can understand .

48 hours? Wow - it seems like ages ago...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

::tickles:: BRIG post, not big post

as for the rest of it...same as above...just ignore me. Everything I say seenms to comes out weird so - mum is my new word!

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join